Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Fanvision

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Question on Fanvision

Does anyone have that Fanvision thing? I am thinking of chipping in with some others to buy it for a buddy for his surprise 40th birthday. Is it worth it? It looks pretty cool, and since his tickets are right next to mine I would get a benefit as well! :)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you don't need to hold it or wear it around your neck or remember to re-charge it it's all good.

If you get stuck with the responsibility for it, run away.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    works fine and no problem wearing the lanyard thing around your neck -- charge is good for multiple games

pretty neat thing to use

watch the game that is in front of you, replays you can't see in the stadium, stats when needed and at least three other NFL games that are going on at the same time.

good thing to have IMO

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4110886]=charge is good for multiple games [/QUOTE]

Not sure about that. Mine drained during the minnesota game as we watched about an hour of the pre game due to the rain delay. Probably good for about 5 hours. For 50$, its worth it, good for checking out replays and if you like to listen to the play by play.

Anyone know about the per game pricing this season?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Keyman;4110995]Not sure about that. Mine drained during the minnesota game as we watched about an hour of the pre game due to the rain delay. Probably good for about 5 hours. For 50$, its worth it, good for checking out replays and if you like to listen to the play by play.

Anyone know about the per game pricing this season?[/QUOTE]

don't think it's worth 200 bucks or whatever they were selling it for last year.

nice if it's free, we used it for most of the games. great for watching replays and during commercial breaks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine on ebay delivered for $40. Nice for replays, challenges and during half time and commercial breaks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you need one of those things you might as well stay home and play with your laptop and switch stations.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    good product... fun to be able to keep an eye on an important game involving a division opponent that might matter without waiting for the scoreboard to give you occasional updates

that was what I used it for most of the time

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate that the stadium doesn't show most replays to force people to buy this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    who's forcing you to buy it??

they show most every replay except when it is being reviewed which is an NFL rule.

but I'm glad this gives you something else to whine and complain about

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4111059]who's forcing you to buy it??

they show most every replay except when it is being reviewed which is an NFL rule.

but I'm glad this gives you something else to whine and complain about[/QUOTE]

I have not seen them show "most every replay". If other people have seen all of these replays on a consistent basis, please let me know. I'm being serious. If i'm wrong, I want to know (from somebody more credible, preferably). I'm usually looking for replays on the screens after plays and I rarely see a replay.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone explain what fanvision is and why you couldn't use a smartphone to do what it does?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4111070]Can someone explain what fanvision is and why you couldn't use a smartphone to do what it does?[/QUOTE]

Before the stadium was built, they said that we would have a smartphone app that would do the same thing as fanvision, but it never happened.

EDIT: I actually just found the link for you

[URL="http://gizmodo.com/5599531/at-this-nfl-stadium-you-can-watch-replays-on-your-phone"]http://gizmodo.com/5599531/at-this-nfl-stadium-you-can-watch-replays-on-your-phone[/URL]
    Last edited by escamoter2; 08-20-2011 at 09:01 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just get the NFL Sunday Ticket mobile and watch it on an iPhone or iPad. They supposedly fixed the WiFi and cell service issues in the stadium. Tomorrow will be a big test.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4111083]Just get the NFL Sunday Ticket mobile and watch it on an iPhone or iPad. They supposedly fixed the WiFi and cell service issues in the stadium. Tomorrow will be a big test.[/QUOTE]

You can't get the mobile version as a separate package anymore. You have to get the dish first then you can get mobile for free. Otherwise, I would.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4111070]Can someone explain what fanvision is and why you couldn't use a smartphone to do what it does?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://fanvision.com/[/url]

pretty much shows the details, MFM...

It would be great if a smartphone can do the same thing...

although it would be getting the data from the web whereas fanvision gets it's input from in-stadium closed circuit broadcast transmissions.

I'm not selling it and many don't like it but the OP what posters thought about it and IMO it's a nice little gadget to bring to the stadium especially for keeping up on opponent's games being played at the same time

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    For about $50 on eBay, its worth it. You can check out replays and other stuff. I wouldn't get it for the $200 list price though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4111100][url]http://fanvision.com/[/url]

pretty much shows the details, MFM...

It would be great if a smartphone can do the same thing...

although it would be getting the data from the web whereas fanvision gets it's input from in-stadium closed circuit broadcast transmissions.

I'm not selling it and [B]many don't like it[/B] but the OP what posters thought about it and IMO it's a nice little gadget to bring to the stadium especially for keeping up on opponent's games being played at the same time[/QUOTE]

What don't people like about the device specifically?

I held off getting one because I kept thinking they would eventually go to the smarphone app at some point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i bought the fanvision brand new from ebay last season for $50 plus shipping. loved it. the only problem, cant find the damn thing. dont remember where i stored it. i think the wife acidently threw it out

danny

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there an app?