Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cimini's camp confidential

Cimini's camp confidential

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/30758/camp-confidential-new-york-jets-2[/url]

He makes it seem like we have so many problems this year.
    Last edited by chillywilly; 08-20-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    unreadable

just like everything else the Dick writes

[QUOTE=chillywilly;4110939][url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/30758/camp-confidential-new-york-jets-2[/url]

He makes it seems like we have so many problems this year.[/QUOTE]

your description is all i need to know...

very informative....if you've never seen the Jets play in your life

This is what kills me about Cimini...

[B]On Sanchez[/B]...

[quote]Problem is, he lost 75 percent of his receiving corps before camp opened[/quote]

That would mean he's counting Brad Smith for sensationalism in this quote...

Whatever Rich...

[B]On Plax and Mason[/B]...

[quote]But now there will be a transition period, especially for Burress and Mason.

Not only are they learning a new system, they’re adjusting to life as secondary options. [/quote]

Mason was a 1 last year in Baltimore, eh?

Whatever Rich...

[B]On Maybin[/B]...

[quote]The Jets took a flyer on former Bills No. 1 pick Aaron Maybin, signing him to a minimum contract, but let’s be honest: He’s not the answer. It’ll be an upset if he makes the team. [/quote]

You'll be upset if he plays himself onto the team?

Whatever Rich...

[B]On Cotch[/B]...

[quote]Cotchery, unhappy in his role as the No. 3 receiver, requested his release. The Jets didn’t handle it well, cutting Cotchery before securing Mason, but it worked out in the end. They offered Ellis a one-year deal for the minimum salary, which he found insulting. He wound up signing with the rival Patriots, a PR hit for the Jets.[/quote]

It was a PR hit that Ellis signed a ridiculous contract in NE, that no other team would have possibly paid?

Whatever Rich...

[B]On Bart and Sione injuries[/B]...

[quote]Dependable nose tackle Sione Pouha is hobbled by a sprained knee (not serious, but a nuisance), and inside linebacker Bart Scott is taking some time off with what’s believed to be a high-ankle sprain. Again, it’s not serious, but when two of your inside guys are hurting, it’s never a good thing.[/quote]

lol, what? Talk about Pace if anything... When has keeping veterans out of practice for a few days become a big deal... Especially two players that know the system in and out...

Whatever Rich...

[quote]but what about his durability? That always has been a question that dogs Greene. He’ll have to bring his A-game every week -- assuming he recovers soon from a skin infection on his right foot.[/quote]

[B]On Greene[/B]...

You're right Rich... Greene will take a Maclin type turn for the worse and end the preseason at 198lbs... He's done. He'll never recover...

Whatever Rich...

This might be his worst Jets article by far. If you weren't a jets fan and after reading this article you would think the jets would be headed to a 3-13 season.

Dick is at it again.

[QUOTE=chillywilly;4110960]This might be his worst Jets article by far. If you weren't a jets fan and after reading this article you would think the jets would be headed to a 3-13 season.[/QUOTE]

seriously stupid beginning in the article. sure he hasn't gotten us to the playoffs but two championship games in a row isn't bad. Cimini's a fool.

the rest of the article is biased but does raise a few valid issues but most of the points are well pointless.

All League
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4110945]your description is all i need to know...[/QUOTE]it's all i read..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

After he thought Ellis knocked out Bledsoe he lost the last smidgen of football IQ he had..

All League
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4110971]After he thought Ellis knocked out Bledsoe he lost the last smidgen of football IQ he had..[/QUOTE]who is this "bledsoe" you speak of??

Cimini: once a dick....always a dick!

All Pro
    Can we please keep his reports confidential next time?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;4110981]who is this "bledsoe" you speak of??[/QUOTE]

You never heard of Drew Bledsoe?? You can't be that young..:eek:

[QUOTE=Savage69;4110971]After he thought Ellis knocked out Bledsoe he lost the last smidgen of football IQ he had..[/QUOTE]

Did he ever own up to that?

[QUOTE=Sparky24;4111063]Did he ever own up to that?[/QUOTE]
    Why would you expect him to? It wasn't much less ignorant than half the crap he spews on a regular basis.

All League
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4111060]You never heard of Drew Bledsoe??[B] You can't be that young..:[/B]eek:[/QUOTE]sadly/gladly i'm not!!

you of all should have appreciated my attempt at humor..

i almost read the article.

I thought the article was fine. Why do you seem to take it personally if an article criticizes the Jets?

I think his criticisms are fair. Not a big deal.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... happily never clicked his link ...

l_j_r