Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season week 2 observations...

Pre-season week 2 observations...

- The Raiders are an absolute mess. All of those all-pros, speed, and match up nightmares according to our Raider fan clown, they look horrible

- Thought Alex Smith looked pretty good, but how much of that is because of the Raiders. Braylon made a nice catch on a sideline pass, I hate not seeing him in a Jets uniform, but I'm beyond at peace with it, I put way more credence into our front office and the locker room feedback on players, and he was not well respected, it's done.

- Texans are bringing it against the Saints, their starting offense was much more effective after doing nothing against the Jets last week, defense I thought looked impressive against the Saints, Saints didn't do much at all all game long, first teamers and their 2nd and 3rds. Oh and Matt Leinhart is just awful, christ, to think some on this board would have given their child up for adoption if the Jets drafted him... SMH!!!

- Denver has looked pretty good, Orton should and will probably be their starter, thought they were moving the ball well, their defense looks to be improved, Von Miller had a sack, but the Bills look awful, especially their OL. I can't stop laughing at Bart Scott's comments this past week on the Aaron Maybin sign "He spent 2 years of hard time in Buffalo, and finally got his release."

Getting ready to watch the Vikings, interested in seeing McNabb tonight.

The Raiders... LMAO

All Pro
    Brooks Reed is having a great game. The kid has some serious potential.
    I wanted Reed just like so many others on the board.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... just flipped the game on ... looks like brooks reed is playing lights out again :yes: ... saw him coming in for a sack & the o-lineman had to hold him to stop it from happening ... flashed quickly stats ... looks like 2 tackles & 1 assist ... 2 sacks ... 2 forced fumbles ... know many of us were talking about him on draft day so certainly am trying to keep an eye on him ... very happy with mo & ellis & think that will work out well for us ... not knocking them ... just fulfilling curiosity ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4111138]... just flipped the game on ... looks like brooks reed is playing lights out again :yes: ... saw him coming in for a sack & the o-lineman had to hold him to stop it from happening ... flashed quickly stats ... looks like 2 tackles & 1 assist ... 2 sacks ... 2 forced fumbles ... know many of us were talking about him on draft day so certainly am trying to keep an eye on him ... very happy with mo & ellis & think that will work out well for us ... not knocking them ... just fulfilling curiosity ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

I liked Reed, but we needed to overhaul the DL

And I'm really hoping Rex can turn Maybin into a player, he could be a key pickup, I'd rather have Wilkerson, Ellis, and a revived Maybin.

But i thought the Raiders were the next Super Bowl champs?

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4111164]But i thought the Raiders were the next Super Bowl champs?[/QUOTE]

Not even in Jamarcus Russell's Madden 12.

But Marcell Reese is explosive though, don't forget.:D

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4111169]But Marcell Reese is explosive though, don't forget.:D[/QUOTE]

Aint it funny how when the Jets have THE BEST PLAYER at a position...other fans and media need to find someone BETTER?

Jets have REVIS.......but Nnamdi is considered by many BETTER than Revis cause football gods forbid the Jets have the best in the league.

Jets have the very promising 'Terminator'.....and now Marcell Reese is BETTER.
    :rolleyes:

Give me a focking break already.

Jets Insider VIP
    NFLN had a live doubleheader last night

I made it partly past the first quarter of the first game before shutting off the tube

I salute anyone with the stamina to endure a full preseason game played by two teams neither of which are the Jets

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4111169]But Marcell Reese is explosive though, don't forget.:D[/QUOTE]

The most explosive fullback in the league :D

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4111115]
    - Texans are bringing it against the Saints, their starting offense was much more effective after doing nothing against the Jets last week, defense I thought looked impressive against the Saints, Saints didn't do much at all all game long, first teamers and their 2nd and 3rds. Oh and Matt Leinhart is just awful, christ, to think some on this board would have given their child up for adoption if the Jets drafted him... SMH!!!
    [/QUOTE]

I'm watching this game now, and what immediately jumps out at me is that Andre Johnson and Arian Foster are playing this week. They did not last week. Huge difference.

Of course Revis owns Johnson, but I don't know how you can make the comment you did without noting the roster differences. I mean they're only two of the best players at there positions in the league.
    Last edited by My.Favorite.Martin; 08-21-2011 at 09:58 AM.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4111115]- The Raiders are an absolute mess. All of those all-pros, speed, and match up nightmares according to our Raider fan clown, they look horrible

- Thought Alex Smith looked pretty good, but how much of that is because of the Raiders. Braylon made a nice catch on a sideline pass, I hate not seeing him in a Jets uniform, but I'm beyond at peace with it, I put way more credence into our front office and the locker room feedback on players, and he was not well respected, it's done.

- Denver has looked pretty good, Orton should and will probably be their starter, thought they were moving the ball well, their defense looks to be improved, Von Miller had a sack, but the Bills look awful, especially their OL. I can't stop laughing at Bart Scott's comments this past week on the Aaron Maybin sign "He spent 2 years of hard time in Buffalo, and finally got his release."

Getting ready to watch the Vikings, interested in seeing McNabb tonight.

The Raiders... LMAO[/QUOTE]

Lets see Raiders were without there top playmakers on offense- NO D MCfadden(their best player) , Jacoby Ford, Chazschilens, Louis murphy and taiwan Jones. You add those players to Denarius Moore(going to be a star) and the rest of their offense weapons and this offense going to do quite well.
    Raiders are still formulating who there top five olineman will be(Wisniewski and Campbell played with second string and will be in the starting lineup when
    its all said on the oline.
    Jason campbell looks very comfortable in this offense this year.

Raideres first string dline controled the Line of scrimmage. There is no need to play those beast in the preseason. Raiders have to address wlb. Q Groves like last year is never where he suppose to be. Raiders were gashed alot there. In the secondary with Chris Jonson out right now. raiders are playing alot of guys right now to figure out their secondary rotation.

Did Raiders play well yesterday. NO but if thats the team you expect to see in the season your sadly mistaken. You had one team(49ers ) tresting the game like a superbowl and the Raidewrs treating game like a preseason game.

[QUOTE=John_0515;4111194]The most explosive fullback in the league :D[/QUOTE]

Go ahead stat man show me a more explosive FB than him. Make your case.

preseasons are meaningless when used as a basis for the upcoming season. its fine to observe but i wouldnt take much out of actual play. the goal of preseason is to kinda get those training wheels on nice and tight and skate through with no injuries and tear those suckers off week 1

I list my guys stats at FB, you list your guys. You were saying????? Are you serious were talking preseason game. Marcel Reeced is not fighting for a position he has his. Hey you want to make a bet which Fb stats are better in 2011. I'll take that sucker bet.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4111252]I list my guys stats at FB, you list your guys. You were saying????? Are you serious were talking preseason game. Marcel Reeced is not fighting for a position he has his. Hey you want to make a bet which Fb stats are better in 2011. I'll take that sucker bet.[/QUOTE]

i commend your loyalty to the raiders...2003-present has been truly dark days for the once proud Raider Nation.

I hate the Raiders so Im enjoying their absence..dont think i forgot 2001 and 2002!

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4111230]I'm watching this game now, and what immediately jumps out at me is that Andre Johnson and Arian Foster are playing this week. They did not last week. Huge difference.

Of course Revis owns Johnson, but I don't know how you can make the comment you did without noting the roster differences. I mean they're only two of the best players at there positions in the league.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because we were missing, two starters on our OL, Plax, and that our DL is going through a transition and we had a rookie starting at DE?

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4111239]Lets see Raiders were without there top playmakers on offense- NO D MCfadden(their best player) , Jacoby Ford, Chazschilens, Louis murphy and taiwan Jones. You add those players to Denarius Moore(going to be a star) and the rest of their offense weapons and this offense going to do quite well.
    Raiders are still formulating who there top five olineman will be(Wisniewski and Campbell played with second string and will be in the starting lineup when
    its all said on the oline.
    Jason campbell looks very comfortable in this offense this year.

Raideres first string dline controled the Line of scrimmage. There is no need to play those beast in the preseason. Raiders have to address wlb. Q Groves like last year is never where he suppose to be. Raiders were gashed alot there. In the secondary with Chris Jonson out right now. raiders are playing alot of guys right now to figure out their secondary rotation.

Did Raiders play well yesterday. NO but if thats the team you expect to see in the season your sadly mistaken. You had one team(49ers ) tresting the game like a superbowl and the Raidewrs treating game like a preseason game.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://wearethepractitioners.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/head_up_your_ass22.jpg[/img]

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4111252]I list my guys stats at FB, you list your guys. You were saying????? Are you serious were talking preseason game. Marcel Reeced is not fighting for a position he has his. Hey you want to make a bet which Fb stats are better in 2011. I'll take that sucker bet.[/QUOTE]

Wtf are you on? Since when does being a great FB correlate with stats. You are clearly a disciple of the Al Davis ways. This is akin to saying that your center will have better stats than Mangold.

[QUOTE=TheMo;4111292]Wtf are you on? Since when does being a great FB correlate with stats. You are clearly a disciple of the Al Davis ways. This is akin to saying that your center will have better stats than Mangold.[/QUOTE]

The point is when you try to mock me that Marcel Reece isn't the most explosive FB in the game today. Tell me MO, how do you make your case without uising stats.[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9158[/url] Just stratching the surface as he going to be a bigger threat with Al Saunders.

MO says J Cooner is the most explosive and everyone suppose to take that as fact.

What do you want to base it on who had the better run game. You still lose there Mo.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-21-2011 at 02:02 PM.