Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Huntsman on ABC News

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Huntsman on ABC News

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qafTqCuxKg[/url]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Huntsman's message, and I like his background. Seems like a smart guy who has a good feel for business and excellent diplomatic skills (one thing we could surely use is a good relationship with China).

That being said, he's far too wooden and bland to be a serious contender. A presidential candidate needs to be able to project a dynamic prescence, get people thrilled and excited, and have an electric personality. Huntsman doesn't have that.

Plus, he looks like this guy:

[IMG]http://www.marketingshift.com/resources/vince-offer.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately he is the only sensible candidate running. No shot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he were the the pick by the republicans I would vote for him over Obama in a heart beat. But the same cancer that has infected the democrats has also infected the republicans; the special interest groups completely control the parties and has helped produce candidates that are extreme.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4112696]If he were the the pick by the republicans I would vote for him over Obama in a heart beat. But the same cancer that has infected the democrats has also infected the republicans; the special interest groups completely control the parties and has helped produce candidates that are extreme.[/QUOTE]

I wish we had a candidate that was for less spending and never mention "Christ". I, as a moderate catholic, mean that in disrespect to my religious views.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4112696]If he were the the pick by the republicans I would vote for him over Obama in a heart beat. But the same cancer that has infected the democrats has also infected the republicans; the special interest groups completely control the parties and has helped produce candidates that are extreme.[/QUOTE]

You have to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

I happen to agree with you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everyone's points in this thread.

a. the political discourse is far to extreme on both ends. As IJF said - the special interests do not fund centrists.

b. Huntsman is a moderate and the only center-right guy in the whole field.

c. He will not win.

And I agree that if he ran against Obama, I'd be leaning towards voting Huntsman over Obama.

If it's Perry or Bachman or a ticket with both of them, Obama will win and we'll have another four years of disappointment. And if god forbid Perry/Bachman win, we're in for worse than the past 3 years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is not ideologically different from Romney. They are essentially the same person. The difference is that Romney has learned that to get the nomination he must somewhat cow tow to the base. It is a shame in modern politics that some of these candidates cant speak the truth on certain issues because that conflicts with certain left or right wing ideologies.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4112971]I agree with everyone's points in this thread.

a. the political discourse is far to extreme on both ends. As IJF said - the special interests do not fund centrists.

b. Huntsman is a moderate and the only center-right guy in the whole field.

c. He will not win.

And I agree that if he ran against Obama, I'd be leaning towards voting Huntsman over Obama.

If it's Perry or Bachman or a ticket with both of them, Obama will win and we'll have another four years of disappointment. And if god forbid Perry/Bachman win, we're in for worse than the past 3 years.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Nominating Bachman(for sure) Perry or Palin would make this a much more difficult election for Repubs than it needs to be. I think however that that group splits a constituancy. Leaves the moderate base backing Romney. Need to see some more from Perry before I cast him aside but for me at the moment his elect-ability is questionable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4113061]He is not ideologically different from Romney. They are essentially the same person. The difference is that Romney has learned that to get the nomination he must somewhat cow tow to the base. It is a shame in modern politics that some of these candidates cant speak the truth on certain issues because that conflicts with certain left or right wing ideologies.[/QUOTE]

At least Huntsman was willing to show some leadership on the debt ceiling. Romney has run from every opportunity to show some grit. It might well work but I'm suspect he can hide and win the nomination through fund raising alone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4113065]I agree. Nominating Bachman(for sure) Perry or Palin would make this a much more difficult election for Repubs than it needs to be. I think however that that group splits a constituancy. Leaves the moderate base backing Romney. Need to see some more from Perry before I cast him aside but for me at the moment his elect-ability is questionable.[/QUOTE]

I understand if you want to see more from Perry, can't say I've seen as much of him as Bachman or Palin, but from what I have, I do not like. Lot of rhetoric, lot of Christianity over science and a lot of that folksy Texas political gamesmanship.

We had a President like that before...

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4113068]At least Huntsman was willing to show some leadership on the debt ceiling. Romney has run from every opportunity to show some grit. It might well work but I'm suspect he can hide and win the nomination through fund raising alone.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather see Romney get the nomination that way then Bachman/Perry/Palin do it their way, but I agree with you on Romney - he's shown nothing but fundraising ability. No leadership, originality or guts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who are the extreme Democrats?