Thread: Cheney still a blithering idiot....Colin Powell video

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheney still a blithering idiot....Colin Powell video

WASHINGTON — Former Secretary of State Colin Powell is accusing former Vice President Dick Cheney of taking "cheap shots" at him and others in a new book.

Powell was the nation's top diplomat during the first four years of President George W. Bush's administration. Cheney's book, "In My Time," is set for release Tuesday.

Cheney writes that he thinks Powell tried to undermine Bush by criticizing administration policy to people outside the government.

Powell said during an appearance on CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday that he routinely gave his opinion and his best advice on issues to the president.

While Cheney writes that Powell's resignation was "for the best," Powell signaled he had always planned to leave the administration after the 2004 election. He suggested Cheney is almost condescending in his remarks about Powell's successor, Condoleezza Rice.

Last week, Cheney predicted "there are gonna be heads exploding all over Washington" upon the release of his book.

"That's quite a visual," Powell said of the former vice president's choice of words. "[It's] the kind of headline I would expect to come out of a gossip columnist or the kind of headline you might see one of the super market tabloids write. It's not the kind of headline I would have expected to come from one of the vice presidents of the United States of America."

He added, "I think Dick overshot the runway."

WATCH:

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/28/colin-powell-dick-cheney-book_n_939548.html[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't embellish, you'll never sell any books.

Still, I always liked Dick Cheneys' wife, Lynne.

:jets17

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was a hawk then and still is a hawk. Dick just shut up and go hunting by yourself of course!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    How does anything in your post or your link portray Cheney as a "blithering idiot?" Disagree with the guy, think he's evil, but blithering idiot? Pfail.

Now if you want true, documented and thorough evidence of a VP who's a blithering idiot, look no further than Joe Biden -- the very definition of a blithering idiot.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Colin Powell is a Hypocrite
    Add Comment
    by: Kev - August 29th, 2011 Add Comment

Former Vice-President Dick Cheney’s book, “In My Time” is due to come out August 30th (tomorrow in fact) and in it, he discuses the different figures in the Bush Administration. Obviously, I have not read the book yet, but one part that has been talked about, by Cheney and others, is his criticism of former Secretary of State Colin Powell.

In the book, the former Vice-President reportedly claims that Secretary Powell, tried to undermine Bush by criticizing administration policy to people outside the government. Powell has responded by saying Cheney is taking “cheap shots” at him in his book.

Foxnews.com
    [url]http://tiny.cc/mhifv[/url]

Oh really, Mr Powell?

It is well known in media circles that when Powell was Secretary of State, he had his people at the State Department go to the media continually to try and maintain his “moderate image”. The war in Iraq was just one example where it was “leaked” that Secretary Powell was in disagreement with others at the White House, including Vice-President Cheney and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. Now, Powell did make the case for the Invasion of Iraq, but he let it be known far and wide, that he supposedly advised against it and only agreed to it reluctantly. That’s a real stand up guy you want on your side, huh?

Let me share also the following, this is from an article in “The Guardian” from the U.K. on November 18th, 2004:

On one of Powell’s futile diplomatic trips, his informal conversation with reporters turned to a new book, The Accidental American: Tony Blair and the Presidency, by James Naughtie. In it, Powell is quoted as describing the neocons to British foreign minister, Jack Straw, as “****ing crazies”. That, the reporters suggested, might be an apt title for his next volume of memoirs. Powell laughed uncontrollably.

The Guardian Link:
    [url]http://tiny.cc/wuwcj[/url]

In 2005, John R. Bolton was nominated to be U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. Powell and Bolton had a very bad relationship and former Secretary Powell apparently conducted a behind the scenes campaign to get Bolton’s nomination shot down by the U.S. Senate. It seems Secretary Powell had a personal grudge against Bolton and wanted pay back.

Bolton Article:
    [url]http://tiny.cc/p1h7j[/url]

In the 2008 campaign for President, the former Republican Secretary of State Powell, endorsed Democratic Senator Barack Obama. Mr Obama comes from the left wing of the Democratic party. So much for Powell being a “moderate Republican”. Powell claimed to support Obama because he was a “transformational figure.” Mr Powell needs to be honest and say why he really supported Obama. He supported Mr Obama because of his skin color and no other reason.

After he left the Bush Administration in 2004, he continually criticized the administration in an apparent or maybe transparent attempt to “wash his hands” of any association with President Bush and his White House.

Even his reason for leaving has been disputed. Several sources including Vice-President Cheney say that Powell was asked to resign. Powell claims it was always “the plan” to retire after President Bush’s first term.

Don’t get me wrong, I have great respect for General Powell’s military service to our country, and I thank him for it. However, Secretary Powell was a whole different side of him. To claim, that he is taking “cheap shots” from Cheney, is pretty ridiculous when you consider the things Powell has done in the last decade.

It is time to come clean Mr Powell, and stop playing the victim card.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4122279]Now if you want true, documented and thorough evidence of a VP who's a blithering idiot, look no further than Joe Biden -- the very definition of a blithering idiot.[/QUOTE]
    I would be interested to see how someone could demonstrate how Cheney is an idiot while Biden is not.

Joe is in a league of his own, which would be funny if he wasn't a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

I'm firmly in the Obama-must-live-at-all-costs camp, meaning I love my country enough that I would jump in front of a bullet for Obama if it meant keeping Bozo the Bidenclown out of the Oval Office.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4122279]How does anything in your post or your link portray Cheney as a "blithering idiot?" Disagree with the guy, think he's evil, but blithering idiot? Pfail.

Now if you want true, documented and thorough evidence of a VP who's a blithering idiot, look no further than Joe Biden -- the very definition of a blithering idiot.[/QUOTE]

Fail? I think not and I stand by what I stated in the title

[url]http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/reagan-proved-deficits-dont-matter[/url]

Time has proved this more than ever....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4122505]I would be interested to see how someone could demonstrate how Cheney is an idiot while Biden is not.

Joe is in a league of his own, which would be funny if he wasn't a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

I'm firmly in the Obama-must-live-at-all-costs camp, meaning I love my country enough that I would jump in front of a bullet for Obama if it meant keeping Bozo the Bidenclown out of the Oval Office.[/QUOTE]

LOL, Biden is not an idiot. He is a boozer though:yes:

Cheney; wrong on the deficit. Cheney wrong on the war in Iraq

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4122592]LOL, Biden is not an idiot. He is a boozer though:yes:

Cheney; wrong on the deficit. Cheney wrong on the war in Iraq[/QUOTE]

Biden: liar and plagiarist. Excellent job he did commenting on China's birth policies. LOL!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4122588]Fail? I think not and I stand by what I stated in the title

[url]http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/reagan-proved-deficits-dont-matter[/url]

Time has proved this more than ever....[/QUOTE]

That article does nothing more than portray him as a typical politician with double-standards depending upon which party is in power. Like 100% of the politicians in Washington.

Still nothing that makes the guy a "blithering idiot." Not even remotely. Even the MSM has never branded the guy an idiot -- which is their go-to tactic for every GOP figure from Ford to Reagan to Bush etc.

Your personal take on this is the only idiotic aspect of the discussion.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4120896]If you don't embellish, you'll never sell any books.

Still, I always liked Dick Cheneys' wife, Lynne.

:jets17[/QUOTE]

Me too, i enjoy her literary works.