Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bachmann: God using natural disasters to prod politicians

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bachmann: God using natural disasters to prod politicians

[URL="http://gop12.thehill.com/2011/08/bachmann-god-using-natural-disasters-to_29.html"]http://gop12.thehill.com/2011/08/bachmann-god-using-natural-disasters-to_29.html[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    "I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?'

Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending."
    [/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard to know whether she's a nut, a cynic playing to nuts, or a little bit of both.

Still, on the other hand it's not so far removed from athletes who credit God for every home run they hit or touchdown they score. There really are people who believe that God actively participates in the minutia of their lives. "Billy was mean to his sister yesterday. I think I'll give him diahrea."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4121863]It's hard to know whether she's a nut, a cynic playing to nuts, or a little bit of both.

Still, on the other hand it's not so far removed from athletes who credit God for every home run they hit or touchdown they score. There really are people who believe that God actively participates in the minutia of their lives. "Billy was mean to his sister yesterday. I think I'll give him diahrea."[/QUOTE]

If God is in charge of diahrea, I must already be holding a one way ticket to hell.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4121825][URL]http://gop12.thehill.com/2011/08/bachmann-god-using-natural-disasters-to_29.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

She has basically lost all credibility. Next.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sands are running out on her 15 minutes...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably joking; still better than Joe Biden by light years. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4123629]Probably joking; still better than Joe Biden by light years. :yes:[/QUOTE]

If Biden is the baseline now America is truly done. I don't think she was joking.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is crazy talk. We need serious liberal thinkers, like Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman. His idea is to build up our defenses to fend off a possible space alien invasion. Says it'll fix our economic mess in 18 months.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4123689]This is crazy talk. We need serious liberal thinkers, like Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman. His idea is to build up our defenses to fend off a possible space alien invasion. Says it'll fix our economic mess in 18 months.[/QUOTE]

This is a complete distortion of the facts. He was merely presenting a hypothetical scenario, not advocating for the implementation of a space alien defense build up.

[QUOTE]It's very hard to get inflation in a depressed economy. But if you had a program of government spending plus an expansionary policy by the Fed, you could get that. So, if you think about using all of these things together, you could accomplish a great deal.

If we discovered that space aliens were planning to attack and we needed a massive buildup to counter the space alien threat and really inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months. And then if we discovered, oops, we made a mistake, there aren't any aliens, we'd be better.[/QUOTE]

Back on topic, it's tough to take a candidate like Bachmann seriously. Her deeply entrenched religious views seem to be a very significant factor in her decision making process. As an analytical thinker, it would be almost impossible to vote for such a person.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    God is using Michele Bachmann to punish us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4123970]God is using Michele Bachmann to punish us.[/QUOTE]

you're punishment enough. enjoy your vacation, psycho. :byebye:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess God was pi$$ed at the dinosaurs when he had a massive asteroid obliterate their species. I bet lots of them were gay, drug addicts, or whore mongers.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4124475]Guess God was pi$$ed at the dinosaurs when he had a massive asteroid obliterate their species. I bet lots of them were gay, drug addicts, or whore mongers.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there is evidence of homosexuality and lesbianism among the dinosaurs, mainly within the species of Megasoreass and Lickalottapuss

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4124487]Actually, there is evidence of homosexuality and lesbianism among the dinosaurs, mainly within the species of Megasoreass and [B]Lickalottapuss[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL. The image of two lesbian dinosaurs in the 69 position or scissoring really has be laughing. I wonder if a prehistoric form of the gasstropods (sic) existed?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4123657]If Biden is the baseline now America is truly done. I don't think she was joking.[/QUOTE]

why exactly don't you think she was joking?

Did she not draw a smilie after her speech? :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4124487]Actually, there is evidence of homosexuality and lesbianism among the dinosaurs, mainly within the species of Megasoreass and Lickalottapuss[/QUOTE]

This is the paleontologist's version of Uranus jokes. Niiiiiiice!!!!! :alien:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4124487]Actually, there is evidence of homosexuality and lesbianism among the dinosaurs, mainly within the species of Megasoreass and Lickalottapuss[/QUOTE]

LOL'd to the point where my kid asked what I was laughing at from the other room...:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL

This has got to be the single best post in the politic forum ever.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4126922]LOL

This has got to be the single best post in the politic forum ever.[/QUOTE]

See what it takes to even be considered for modship, Ruby2? :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4123746]This is a complete distortion of the facts. He was merely presenting a hypothetical scenario, not advocating for the implementation of a space alien defense build up.

Back on topic, it's tough to take a candidate like Bachmann seriously. Her deeply entrenched religious views seem to be a very significant factor in her decision making process. As an analytical thinker, it would be almost impossible to vote for such a person.[/QUOTE]

And yet atheists do the exact same thing in their decision making. You cannot not be influenced in your decision making by what influences you....