Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Your Favorite Sleeper?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,238
    Post Thanks / Like

    Your Favorite Sleeper?

    Have 2 drafts coming up in the next 2 weeks. Both leagues are PPR.

    Looking for some later round depth at WR and Running Back and wanted to see if anyone had a personal favorite late round sleeper or just a sleeper in general.

    Personally, Ive had my eye on Antonio Brown from PITT as a boom or bust kind of guy.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malcom Floyd going late in most drafts is worth a flier. Tim Hightower has some upside in the later rounds. Also like Mike Simms Walker and CJ Spiller.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been getting crushed for this, but my sleeper is Roy Williams...

    back w/ martz and w/ cutler...end of year he'll have a big season

    honorable mention.

    nate burleson. with stafford and megatron this guy has been totally forgotten...he is going to put up some good numbers

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    I've been getting crushed for this, but my sleeper is Roy Williams...

    back w/ martz and w/ cutler...end of year he'll have a big season

    honorable mention.

    nate burleson. with stafford and megatron this guy has been totally forgotten...he is going to put up some good numbers
    Thank you! People are definitely going to be underestimating him this year. I could see him putting up some good numbers.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MTJets View Post
    Thank you! People are definitely going to be underestimating him this year. I could see him putting up some good numbers.
    yup, not right away but he'll definitely be picked up by week 6

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reggie Bush and Lee Evans

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like
    rb Helu on Wash. I heard they want him to be the starter

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baldnuts1 View Post
    rb Helu on Wash. I heard they want him to be the starter
    lol nice name

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like
    my sleepers by position:

    QB: Stafford, Bradford
    HB: Rashad Jennings- MJD is going to get hurt and then Jennings will be a top 15 back. Felix jones I think will break out similar to how McFadden and Charles did last season
    WR: Jacoby Ford, Greg Little
    TE: Jared Cook Jr.
    DEF: Whoever plays the panthers or bengals

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    I've been getting crushed for this, but my sleeper is Roy Williams...

    back w/ martz and w/ cutler...end of year he'll have a big season

    honorable mention.

    nate burleson. with stafford and megatron this guy has been totally forgotten...he is going to put up some good numbers
    Roy will be a perfect fit for Chi. At least much better then Hester or Knox. I agree 100%. Wouldn't be shocked if he ended up a top 5 Fantasy WR this year. I also see Vincent Brown still making a late impact.

    RB seems harder to me. I was saying D Brown but he looks like he may be loosing out in Indy. So I'd have to say C.J. Spiller. They tryed to have him do too much too quick last year and I think his role will be more focused this year. I will also say this keep an eye on Ben Tate. Houston did not draft him for nothing. The one reason I think Foster is a dumb #1 to take is that this kid IS that good. I wouldn't be shocked if he started week one and put up some great #s with Foster in question.

    QB Jay Cutler With a somewhat real WR he is good for at least anther 300 years and 5 or 6 TDs.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 08-30-2011 at 09:58 PM.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    I misread the title of this thread... Really could have been a winner if it was Name your favorite Stripper

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Have 2 drafts coming up in the next 2 weeks. Both leagues are PPR.

    Looking for some later round depth at WR and Running Back and wanted to see if anyone had a personal favorite late round sleeper or just a sleeper in general.

    Personally, Ive had my eye on Antonio Brown from PITT as a boom or bust kind of guy.
    I*m going to give you two Raiders that might be worth a shot. They are both Rookies.

    WR Denaruis Moore - might be better allround WR than jacoby Ford. I think he has good chance to be starting real soon for the raiders at WR.

    RB Taiwan Jones- Going to back up Mcfadden but will play alot as he a dual threat as RB and Reciever. (some in Raiders organization say he might be the fastest RB they have ever had in a Raider uniform- Has alot of Chris johnson like qualities. Mcfadden goes out to injury this guy has a chance to have a monster year.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-31-2011 at 01:14 PM.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I*m going to give you two Raiders that might be worth a shot. They are both Rookies.

    WR Denaruis Moore - might be better allround WR than jacoby Ford. I think he has good chance to be starting real soon for the raiders at WR.

    RB Taiwan Jones- Going to back up Mcfadden but will play alot as he a dual threat as RB and Reciever. (some in Raiders organization say he might be the fastest RB they have ever had in a Raider uniform- Has alot of Chris johnson like qualities. Mcfadden goes out to injury this guy has a chance to have a monster year.

    really? I thought Michael Bush was backup?

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I*m going to give you two Raiders that might be worth a shot. They are both Rookies.

    WR Denaruis Moore - might be better allround WR than jacoby Ford. I think he has good chance to be starting real soon for the raiders at WR.

    RB Taiwan Jones- Going to back up Mcfadden but will play alot as he a dual threat as RB and Reciever. (some in Raiders organization say he might be the fastest RB they have ever had in a Raider uniform- Has alot of Chris johnson like qualities. Mcfadden goes out to injury this guy has a chance to have a monster year.
    Took DMC in the second round love him. Have some interest on DHB in a bench spot. Think he could have some big weeks against less physical secondaries.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roy Williams, lol no

    I wish I was in some money leagues with you guys.

    He has played like absolute trash.

    Guys im high on as legit RB2's/possible RB1's:
    Felix Jones
    Tim Hightower
    Beanie Wells

    Possible WR2/WR1's
    Mario Manningham
    Dez Bryant

    TE sleeper worth a flier/monitoring on the waiver wire: Lance Kendricks

    Favorite RB handcuffs:
    Kendall Hunter
    Ben Tate

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baldnuts1 View Post
    rb Helu on Wash. I heard they want him to be the starter
    You heard wrong.

    Tim Hightower is locked in.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fred Jackson. He's the starter in Buffalo and has matchups against two bad defenses in weeks 1 and 2 (KC and Oakland).

    I also like McGahee in Denver. Already the goal-line back and if something happens to Moreno and he becomes the starter watch out.

    Someone that intrigues and is definitely a long-shot sleeper is TE Jermaine Gresham in Cincy simply because they have nothing else on that team.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster_Green View Post
    really? I thought Michael Bush was backup?
    M Bush is the backup to Mcfadden. Nothing would change IMO. Alot of Mcfadden carries would go to Taiwan jones while M Bush role would continue as it does now with Mcfadden. There is a reason Raiders drafted Taiwan Jones. The offense dosen't lose anything if Mcfadden misses anytime to injury, as taiwan jones offers the same explosive package.


    you can look for alot of Mcfadden and taiwan jones packages. Both are great Rbs and very good recivers.(they should be able to do alot with both)

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Took DMC in the second round love him. Have some interest on DHB in a bench spot. Think he could have some big weeks against less physical secondaries.
    I would stay away from DHB personelly. To me it looks like raiders are going to put him in the slot and try and throw short to intermediate passes with him(looking for big YAC) I don't like a guy who hands are a question mark. Don't see alot of Tds in his future.
    Better option would be Derek Hagan who not flashy but will probably give you way better production. (more consistant than DHB)

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Fred Jackson. He's the starter in Buffalo and has matchups against two bad defenses in weeks 1 and 2 (KC and Oakland).

    I also like McGahee in Denver. Already the goal-line back and if something happens to Moreno and he becomes the starter watch out.

    Someone that intrigues and is definitely a long-shot sleeper is TE Jermaine Gresham in Cincy simply because they have nothing else on that team.
    i guaranttee Fred jackson dosen't do anything against raiders D. Raiders dline will dominate the Bills oline. Thats a bad choice if you ask me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us