Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 112

Thread: The Cool Rock and Roll fun facts thread

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903

    The Cool Rock and Roll fun facts thread

    I'll start.

    Alot of people think Bowie's Ziggy Stardust is about Jimi Hendrix, but it's not. It's about Vince Taylor, who's rockabilly band was a big influence on everybody from East Bay Ray from the Dead Kennedy's to Brian Setzer from the Stray Cats.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,088
    According to the South Park kids, The Cure's "Disintegration" is the best album of all times.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    According to the South Park kids, The Cure's "Disintegration" is the best album of all times.
    Dunno... Ive always been partial to Duran Duran's Rio...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvIj_...eature=related

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    The play length of "Stairway to Heaven" is longer than it took Robert Plant and Jimmy Page to write it.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    The play length of "Stairway to Heaven" is longer than it took Robert Plant and Jimmy Page to write it.
    Well... yeah, they ripped it off from a band called Spirit.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,794
    the true story of the REAL Fifth Beatle:


    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=173017

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    The late Marc Bolan's given name was Mark Feld.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The late Marc Bolan's given name was Mark Feld.
    Make no mistake about jungle face jake.

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    I got permanent hearing loss in my left ear at a Clash/Who concert at Shea in 1982, standing 10 feet from the stage.


    whut?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I got permanent hearing loss in my left ear at a Clash/Who concert at Shea in 1982, standing 10 feet from the stage.


    whut?

    I was at that show

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_Shea_Stadium

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post
    This is the show I was at...as blotto as I was I remembered the red jumpsuit.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJcGTULs7nU

    Security was dragging a lot of passed out people over the rail at the front -- absolutely the most jam-packed crowd I've ever seen.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    I was on the field and as I tried to get closer and closer to the stage, I fell in with a group of handsome men with no shirts and leather vests and very tight jeans (jordache?) and one of them put his arm around my shoulder and that made me feel very uncomfortable---- especially since I was on a drug called LSD. I lost the friends I was with; I last caught sight of them muscling towards the front and I was not inclined to follow since I was only 14.

    I don't know how I made it back to my seat since it was in the nosebleeds but I did.

    After the show I ate in Wo Hops on Mulberry St(?) in Chinatown.

    Laughed my ass off tripping.

    Got home around 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 AM.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP3P70Nu4Wg

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,031
    Many people think the song 'How Long" by Ace (Paul Carrack) was about a cheating lover but it's actually about the bands bass player playing with other bands on the side without telling Ace.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    I was on the field and as I tried to get closer and closer to the stage, I fell in with a group of handsome men with no shirts and leather vests and very tight jeans (jordache?) and one of them put his arm around my shoulder and that made me feel very uncomfortable---- especially since I was on a drug called LSD. I lost the friends I was with; I last caught sight of them muscling towards the front and I was not inclined to follow since I was only 14.

    I don't know how I made it back to my seat since it was in the nosebleeds but I did.

    After the show I ate in Wo Hops on Mulberry St(?) in Chinatown.

    Laughed my ass off tripping.

    Got home around 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 AM.
    Dude, that was YOU???

  15. #15
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,177
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    The play length of "Stairway to Heaven" is longer than it took Robert Plant and Jimmy Page to write it.




    A broke Ike and Tina Turner (and the Ikettes) got paid for doing the vocals on "Montana" on Zappa's OverNite Sensation record.

  16. #16
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,177
    Scientists are baffled by the existence of Steve Miller.

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Scientists are baffled by the existence of Steve Miller.
    Dude. Common.

    14 years old. Stolen 6-pack of Gennessee from the old man's garage fridge. Nickel bag of dirt weed from the homies at "the corner" in Amityville. And Steve Miller's Book of Dreams. This is going to be awesome.

    Possibly.

  18. #18
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,177
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Dude. Common.

    14 years old. Stolen 6-pack of Gennessee from the old man's garage fridge. Nickel bag of dirt weed from the homies at "the corner" in Amityville. And Steve Miller's Book of Dreams. This is going to be awesome.

    Possibly.
    lol, common you're stepping on the joke

    That sounds ridiculously awesome.

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    lol, common you're stepping on the joke

    That sounds ridiculously awesome.
    Sorry...been dicking around here in the hampur for about a year and thought I was aware of all the inside raggage. You guys have just laid down way too much material.

    BTW it was awesome...Vicky Maltesta, who had the biggest tits in middle school and put out, is the other part of that Steve Miller story. Awesomeness squared.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Dude, that was YOU???

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us