Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Cool Rock and Roll fun facts thread

[QUOTE=nyahay bus;4166306]George Lucas was one of the cameramen at Altamont who filmed the Hells Angels-fueled hostilities in "Gimme Shelter".

Were the Angels at Altamont the inspiration for the Dark Side?[/QUOTE]

Martin Scorsese was an asst. director and editor on the film, [I]Woodstock.[/I]

That stuff that got pumped out of Rod Stewart's stomach? It was what they said it was.

[QUOTE=nyahay bus;4166913]That stuff that got pumped out of Rod Stewart's stomach? It was what they said it was.[/QUOTE]

Never happened. This was debunked back in the 70s, when the alleged "quart of semen" story originated. It still holds on to this day as a classic urban myth.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4166918]Never happened. This was debunked back in the 70s, when the alleged "quart of semen" story originated. It still holds on to this day as a classic urban myth.[/QUOTE]

right. and there's no Easter Bunny.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4166850][U]Fun Fact:[/U] Actress Naomi Watts's Dad was a Sound Engineer and Roadei for Pink Floyd, and she spent time in her youth on tour with the Floyd.[/QUOTE]
    On tour Naomi's dad was referred to as "10 Thousand". :yes:;)

Her mother's name is "Lotta".

...graham nash wrote 'marrakesh express' for the hollies...but clarke and hicks didn't think is was the hollies sound...so...

[QUOTE=SAR I;4129312][IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9-AQqj_OieE/TYzXJS6P9cI/AAAAAAAAA3Y/jZNRoTcWoY0/s1600/beatles%20chart.jpg[/IMG]

During the week of April 4, 1964, The Beatles held twelve positions on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, including the top five positions.

“Can’t Buy Me Love” (1)
    “Twist and Shout” (2)
    “She Loves You” (3)
    “I Want to Hold Your Hand” (4)
    “Please Please Me” (5)
    “I Saw Her Standing There” (31)
    “From Me to You” (41)
    “Do You Want to Know a Secret” (46)
    “All My Loving” (58)
    “You Can’t Do That” (65)
    “Roll Over Beethoven” (68)
    “Thank You Girl” (79)

Four of these hits were #1 in the UK and released a year earlier in the United States (Love Me Do, Please Please Me, From Me To You, She Loves You) and all failed to chart at all.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Pretty good band. ;)

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4128169]Two of Rock's immortals, the late guitarist/vocalist Steve Marriott (Small Faces/Humble Pie) and drummer/vocalist Phil Collins (Genesis, solo career) both had roles as the Artful Dodger in London's West End productions of [I]Oliver[/I].[/QUOTE]

Johnny Thunders, Steve Marriott, and Phil Lynott share vocals on this track:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_NfHzkeans[/url]

They all OD'd on heroin before they reached forty.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4166905]If I remember correctly, McCartney wrote the song. In those days, they shared the writing credit (and royalties), even if a tune was written entirely by either Lennon or McCartney.

Also, maybe WCO can help me out: I remember Peter & Gordon doing this song on a sitcom back in the 60s. I want to say "The Patty Duke Show".[/QUOTE]

[B]Yes[/B] to Lennon-McCartney sharing credit and to Macca writing the song, one of several given to P&G to record (Nobody I Know; I Don't Want To See You Again; Woman (Paul solo under the alias [B]Bernard Webb[/B])

[B]No[/B] to P&G on US sit-coms-that was [B]Chad & Jeremy[/B] you viddied on Dick Van Dyke, Patty Duke and Batman. At one point they were so hot they guested on Laredo in hopes of a spinoff.

Back to WWL, the lead guitarist was the same UK guitarist/sessioner master who played on the classic minor-key James Bond Theme, [B]Vic Flick[/B].

One I always liked:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJC_xvYGsxw[/URL]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4167338]Johnny Thunders, Steve Marriott, and Phil Lynott share vocals on this track:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_NfHzkeans[/URL]

They all OD'd on heroin before they reached forty.[/QUOTE]

Lynott died of sepsis, not an OD per se, but Marriott died in a house fire aged 44 caused by falling asleep smoking in bed. (Valium, coke and alcohol were in his bloodstream)

Jets Insider VIP
    Ed Gagliardi, original bass player of Foreigner, went to Brentwood high school, lived next door to my best friend and answered an ad in the village voice for the audition.

Was chosen because he was left handed and management though the visual of a lefty bassist looked appealing.

[url]http://www.weirdnj.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=28[/url]

Sad.