Thread: New PA Announcer

New PA Announcer

Do the Jets have a new Public Address Announcer at Metlife Stadium, or did the regular PA guy just simply not do the Eagles preseason game for whatever reason, but will be back for the Dallas game? This is absolutely crucial, so any light that can be shed on this mystery would be greatly appreciated.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4127892]Do the Jets have a new Public Address Announcer at Metlife Stadium, or did the regular PA guy just simply not do the Eagles preseason game for whatever reason, but will be back for the Dallas game? This is absolutely crucial, so any light that can be shed on this mystery would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't at the game, but Joe Nolan is the regular announcer. He did work the first game.

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4127892]Do the Jets have a new Public Address Announcer at Metlife Stadium, or did the regular PA guy just simply not do the Eagles preseason game for whatever reason, but will be back for the Dallas game? This is absolutely crucial, so any light that can be shed on this mystery would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say this. CONFLICT. I was at the Rutgers game Thursday night and Joe was doing our game, as he normally does. I said to my friend that somebody else must be doing the Jets game. He was the Rutgers announcer first so I would imagine conflicts in preseason go in favor of Rutgers. During the regular season, there shouldn't be any conflicts since they play on different days typically.

Joe Nolan...Seton Hall Grad...does their games as well...

Sent from an HTC EVO

Joe Nolan from Shadow Traffic?

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4128041]Funny you should say this. CONFLICT. I was at the Rutgers game Thursday night and Joe was doing our game, as he normally does. I said to my friend that somebody else must be doing the Jets game. He was the Rutgers announcer first so I would imagine conflicts in preseason go in favor of Rutgers. During the regular season, there shouldn't be any conflicts since they play on different days typically.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that clears it up! I still don't get why the Jets didn't keep their previous PA, he did the games until before 2008, he was much better than our current one, imo. But from the sounds of it, the dude they had fill in for Joe Nolan was quite ****ty, so at least it's good to know he couldn't be there due to having a conflict.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4128091]Joe Nolan from Shadow Traffic?[/QUOTE]

The one and the same.......

So Joe Nolan is the Public Address announcer for the Jets and Rutgers but he's a Giants fan and Seton Hall alum. Check out these two bios from ABC and WPLJ. One mentions he's a Giants fan but nothing about his job with the Jets. WPLJ mentions he's "the stadium voice of the New York Jets and Rutgers football" but conveniently leaves out his allegiance to the Giants.

[I]"He LOVES hockey - specifically the New Jersey Devils. He is also a fan of the Giants, Seton Hall University Pirates, and New York Yankees."[/I]
    WPLJ Joe Nolan Bio
    [url]http://wplj.com/showdj.asp?DJID=4095[/url]

[I]"He is an avid fan of the New Jersey Devils, the New York Yankees and his alma mater Seton Hall University Pirates."[/I]
    ABC Joe Nolan Bio:
    [url]http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/bio?section=resources/inside_station/newsteam&id=7496368[/url]

That's typical of us. Don Lagreca is our pre and post on the radio and he's a hard core Giant fan and lately, a Eli apoligist. And for the record, I like Don on 1050 and wish he had his own show and they send Kay. Joey and Buttle to the moon.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4128548]Ahh, that clears it up! I still don't get why the Jets didn't keep their previous PA, he did the games until before 2008, he was much better than our current one, imo. But from the sounds of it, the dude they had fill in for Joe Nolan was quite ****ty, so at least it's good to know he couldn't be there due to having a conflict.[/QUOTE]

Alex Anthony was the Jets PA Announcer from 2002-2008. He started doing Mets games back in 2004.

[QUOTE=rgoltsch;4128582]The one and the same.......[/QUOTE]

Thanks, rgo.

[QUOTE=crossfire;4128597]Alex Anthony was the Jets PA Announcer from 2002-2008. He started doing Mets games back in 2004.[/QUOTE]

To me, Alex Anthony was a pretty damn good PA guy, he had a pretty smooth voice and usually told you how many yards each play gained, as well as what yardline the ball is at for the next play. the guy we've had for the last 3 seasons is ok, but when he gets excited he sounds like a screaming girl, and he never tells you how many yards a play netted. It would definitely be a big upgrade if we could get Alex Anthony back, but maybe he had to choose between Mets and Jets, and that's why he left a few years ago?

Whoever it is, can he please stop the ridiculous "And that's a NY Jets... FIRST DOWN!" Completely unoriginal crap that makes inferior fan bases (like Miami) get all excited. I thought NY was above that. Maybe not.

[QUOTE=Looch;4128587]So Joe Nolan is the Public Address announcer for the Jets and Rutgers but he's a Giants fan and Seton Hall alum. Check out these two bios from ABC and WPLJ. One mentions he's a Giants fan but nothing about his job with the Jets. WPLJ mentions he's "the stadium voice of the New York Jets and Rutgers football" but conveniently leaves out his allegiance to the Giants.

[I]"He LOVES hockey - specifically the New Jersey Devils. He is also a fan of the Giants, Seton Hall University Pirates, and New York Yankees."[/I]
    WPLJ Joe Nolan Bio
    [url]http://wplj.com/showdj.asp?DJID=4095[/url]

[I]"He is an avid fan of the New Jersey Devils, the New York Yankees and his alma mater Seton Hall University Pirates."[/I]
    ABC Joe Nolan Bio:
    [url]http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/bio?section=resources/inside_station/newsteam&id=7496368[/url][/QUOTE]

Joe Nolan is a Jets fan. I remember from his days on the Art Rust Jr. Show. He did have have NJ Generals season tickets during the years the USFL was running, but I remember him being a Jets fan in the NFL.