Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plane Crash Kills Pavol Demitra and 42 others...

JetsInsider.com Legend

Plane Crash Kills Pavol Demitra and 42 others...

Pavol Demitra's agent confirmed that his client was one of the people to tragically die in the KHL's Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash on Wednesday.

The plane was carrying 45 passengers and crew and was transporting the Russian team to Minsk for their season opener. Former NHL Ruslan Salei was also a member of the squad, but there have been some conflicting reports as to whether or not he was on the plane. We'd like to extend our condolences to his family and friends.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Former NHLer Brad McCrimmon was the team's coach, so it is assumed he was one of the casualties as well.

How sad...

Devils prospect Alexander Vasyunov was confirmed as being on board.

...wow...really sad...solid player...so was McCrimmon...

Ex Ranger and Devil Karel Rachunek was on board as well. Just tragic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Former Ranger Alexander Karpovtsev is an assistant coach with Lokomotiv

All League
    very tragic for the entire international hockey community

a few former nhl players including 2 former devils, czech national team lost 3 players in the crash

RIP guys. Sasha Karpovtsev - your name will always be on that cup from that great victory in 1994.
    Their blood is on hands of Russian government who invest almost nothing into aging airport infrastructure and for years via protective tariffs trying to stop Russian airlines from upgrading aging fleet with foreign planes.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    RIP guys. Sasha Karpovtsev - your name will always be on that cup from that great victory in 1994.
    Their blood is on hands of Russian government who invest almost nothing into aging airport infrastructure and for years via protective tariffs trying to stop Russian airlines from upgrading aging fleet with foreign planes.
    Not that I know for sure, but I heard the plane was newer (built circa 1993), and that it hit a beacon just after takeoff. Two things, though - no one would (or should) put a beacon at the end of a runway, and two, if that's the case, then the plane was overloaded or had mechanical trouble trying to climb out.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Not that I know for sure, but I heard the plane was newer (built circa 1993), and that it hit a beacon just after takeoff. Two things, though - no one would (or should) put a beacon at the end of a runway, and two, if that's the case, then the plane was overloaded or had mechanical trouble trying to climb out.
    Yes, it was a newer machine- but maintenance of Russian planes was always an issue (plenty of fake parts, fake certificates, etc). And condition of majority airports outside of major cities such as Moscow or St.Petersburg is horrible.
    It is all part of system which does not value human lives at all. It never did when commies were in power, and still does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    BTW -this is information about this particular plane
    In 2009, the European Commission published a report on foreign carriers that did not meet standards. Included was RA-42433, previously operated by Tatarstan airlines.

On the basis of verified evidence of major safety deficiencies affecting flight operations detected on the part of the air carrier YAK Service certified by the competent authorities of the Russian Federation, the Commission launched a formal investigation of that air carrier on 15 July 2009...These aircraft were not equipped to perform international flights as per ICAO standards (not equipped with TAWS/E-GPWS) and their certificate of airworthiness had expired and had not been renewed.
    Source http://deadspin.com/5838024/doomed-l...afety-concerns

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    RIP

JetsInsider.com Legend

I know of an Alexander who is on the Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

I know of an Alexander who is on the Cup.
    Sasha in Russian is short of Alexander. This how for example his friends would call him

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Sasha in Russian is short of Alexander. This how for example his friends would call him
    That's great but it's not on the Cup.

That's great but it's not on the Cup.
    Are you always such a nudge? Give it a rest. A simple "OK, I didn't know that" would have been the appropriate response.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Are you always such a nudge? Give it a rest. A simple "OK, I didn't know that" would have been the appropriate response.
    I was simply pointing out that Sasha Karpotsev is not engraved on the Cup as he indicated.

Who are you again?

Get out of my thread!
    Last edited by Jordy; 09-11-2011 at 04:52 PM.

I was simply pointing out that Sasha Karpotsev is not engraved on the Cup as he indicated.
    You are an idiot. Sorry, of I am banned for it -so be it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You are an idiot. Sorry, of I am banned for it -so be it.
    And I get tired of your Russian schtick. Drunk.

Or is it drunk Russian schtick?

Either way, it's tiresome.
    Last edited by Jordy; 09-11-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

And I get tired of your Russian schtick. Drunk.

Or is it drunk Russian schtick?

Either way, it's tiresome.
    You really have no idea if its schtick or not.... as this is the innerwebtubez... so your comment could be construed as pretty offensive.

Knock it off, thankee.

-