Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Maybin?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Maybin?

The Jets can't find one cut on the 53 man roster to make a spot for Maybin?
    They have ZERO pass rush...
    This guy has to be better than what we saw tonight...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    we had 4 sacks and multiple pressures.

go home

btw change your status...gholston isnt on this team anymore

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh come on, not this **** again!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why you're catching heat. I agree 100%- get rid of one of those white backup ILB's and put in a guy that can beat a tackle 1 on 1.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I don't know why you're catching heat. I agree 100%- get rid of one of those white backup ILB's and put in a guy that can beat a tackle 1 on 1.
    Those dang white people!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    what does being white have to do with it?!?

how about we roll with our roster that just came up with qb pressure, sacks and had romo running around.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here we go again, another Maybe Maybin thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't mind seeing Maybin on the team, but I think we got some good pressure on the QB. Pito played pretty well. Romo is just really good at moving around in the pocket, gotta give him credit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    AGREED 10000000000000000000000000%

Did Maybin give Ryans wife a foot rub or something? How is it a 23 year old Speed Rusher with outstanding athleticism can't get a roster spot with all the "average" back up linebackers we have??

I don't want to hear how he had no sacks in 2 years with Bills; in this defense he could get 8-10 if given the opportunities. I don't know what Rex and Tanny are thinking about, really. Garrett Mcintyre? Really?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post

go home

Dallas had all day to throw--Dont know what game you watched. We couldnt get pressure to the point we even blitzed Revis. You know your desperate when that happens...

On 3rd and obvious passing situations, we need someone that can beat a one on one block. Dallas has 2 of those guys, and Sanchez was under pressure all night. If Maybin is purely signed for 3 and longs it will surely be worth it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post

Did Maybin give Ryans wife a foot rub or something? How is it a 23 year old Speed Rusher with outstanding athleticism can't get a roster spot with all the "average" back up linebackers we have??

I don't want to hear how he had no sacks in 2 years with Bills; in this defense he could get 8-10 if given the opportunities. I don't know what Rex and Tanny are thinking about, really. Garrett Mcintyre? Really?
    0.0 sacks = bust... PASS

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Maybin give Ryans wife a foot rub or something? How is it a 23 year old Speed Rusher with outstanding athleticism can't get a roster spot with all the "average" back up linebackers we have??I don't want to hear how he had no sacks in 2 years with Bills; in this defense he could get 8-10 if given the opportunities. I don't know what Rex and Tanny are thinking about, really. Garrett Mcintyre? Really?
    you can ask Rex, or if he's not available, try any of the other 31 teams in the league and ask them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post

go home

Did you watch the same game? We have ZERO SPEED coming after the QB, even if you miss on the initial rush, or blocked to the outside, a player like Maybin would have put even MORE pressure, which could have led to more incompletions and perhaps more turnovers.

None of our players have any CLOSING speed and that is what Maybin has. I just don't understand why we couldn't keep on the PS squad or something and given him a chance to get more accustomed to the scheme.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Dallas had all day to throw--Dont know what game you watched. We couldnt get pressure to the point we even blitzed Revis. You know your desperate when that happens...

On 3rd and obvious passing situations, we need someone that can beat a one on one block. Dallas has 2 of those guys, and Sanchez was under pressure all night. If Maybin is purely signed for 3 and longs it will surely be worth it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's not fair.... maybin never got a fair chance! I blame the jets... if the jets were a college football team then maybin would be a great pass rusher, it's their fault for being in the NFL and screwing him over yet again!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you watch the same game? We have ZERO SPEED coming after the QB, even if you miss on the initial rush, or blocked to the outside, a player like Maybin would have put even MORE pressure, which could have led to more incompletions and perhaps more turnovers.

None of our players have any CLOSING speed and that is what Maybin has. I just don't understand why we couldn't keep on the PS squad or something and given him a chance to get more accustomed to the scheme.
    maybin's speed is worthless, because he gets bounced around like a ping pong ball when he comes off the edge. he lets HB's push him around and he flies by the QB, for all his speed his play is weak and pathetic

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    forget a pass rush get Maybin in there so can cover speedy running backs and tight ends. I bet anything he would have done a much better job in coverage than what we had out there. Also Maybin would have definitely caused havoc in the backfield.

For those that didn't notice ... Wilkenson actually had a good game. Aside from over running a few plays and getting caught blind sided ... he clogged holes in the running game, forced felix jones to bounce runs back inside, and also created openings for other guys to get pressure. I thought the Jets DL was straight it was the back end of the secondary that was pretty bad and also the scheme we had was just terrible. Bryan Thomas lined up on Dez? really? Felix Jones outside 1 on 1 against a DE? ... Really ... things like that will be patched up but I think Maybin might get a call this week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    you can ask Rex, or if he's not available, try any of the other 31 teams in the league and ask them.
    Why would I care what the other 31 teams think? How many passed on Tom Brady? How many undrafted free agents have gone on to successful careers?
    His ability should have warranted more than just a cup of coffee while we kept the likes of Garrett Mcintyre.

What I saw of Maybin in the limited action he had was pretty decent. I saw the raw athletic ability and pure SPEED this team lacks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    maybin's speed is worthless, because he gets bounced around like a ping pong ball when he comes off the edge. he lets HB's push him around and he flies by the QB, for all his speed his play is weak and pathetic
    Are you basing that on his play with the jets or bills? Because he made serveral plays in preseason including getting 2 sacks. I don't know, but considering the limited time he had, I thought that was pretty good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it would be one thing if westerman brought something to the table. sadly he doesnt.