Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Your Employed/Company be Hiring Because of the American Job Act?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Your Employed/Company be Hiring Because of the American Job Act?

Just curious, if any of your employers are considering hiring based upon the items offered within the pending Obama Jobs act.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    :rotfl:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope.

Telecommunications isn't in the bill to my knowledge...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    somehow I get the feeling that more regulation and tax code complexity will be part of it...so I suppose my industry will benefit.

I would raher we didn't. A simple flat tax is fine...as long as we ALL pay.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    My employer is hiring regardless of it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This kind of legislation is exactly why we need permanent tax reform. It puts more manipulation into the tax code to create behavior which is one of the reasons we have such a corrupt government. We need tax reform not behavior manipulation. Behavior manipulation will increase the complexity of the tax code and bring more lobbying not less of it.

If the President believes lower rates will help create demand, I agree with him lower rates and get rid of deductions. Stop using the code to buy votes from your constituents at the expense of someone elses.

And yes the mortgage deduction also needs to go.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4140537]My employer is hiring regardless of it.[/QUOTE]

Impossible.

Obama is the destroyer of worlds. So evil.

Don't you read Prison Planet, son? Gotta keep your pulse on the truth like Right Wing Moonbats do...:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we try and keep it on policy and fact, not hurfablurf?

The claim is the Act will create jobs, and spur hiring. We have a somewhat diverse workforce here, so asking (in our small commnity if any of our companies will hire because of the Act is the only way we can sample the reality vs. the claim on this policy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm definitely hiring - first, I'm hiring someone to figure out if I can benefit from the jobs act by hiring; if so, I'll start hiring immediately; if not, I'll hire someone else to figure out why I can't benefit, and to fix it so I can - then I'll start hiring like it was my job. =)

I was going to ask, so I figure I'll just piggyback onto this thread, does anyone here in this diverse workforce have a job that's in good shape, for a company in good standing?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4140776]Can we try and keep it on policy and fact, not hurfablurf?

The claim is the Act will create jobs, and spur hiring. We have a somewhat diverse workforce here, so asking (in our small commnity if any of our companies will hire because of the Act is the only way we can sample the reality vs. the claim on this policy.[/QUOTE]

I would suppose that if the 50% payroll tax part of the act was adopted by congress that you would see an increase in hiring across the board.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=isired;4140840]
    I was going to ask, so I figure I'll just piggyback onto this thread, does anyone here in this diverse workforce have a job that's in good shape, for a company in good standing?
    [/QUOTE]

Yes.

Network Engineer.

AT&T Mobility.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4140848]I would suppose that if the 50% payroll tax part of the act was adopted by congress that you would see an increase in hiring across the board.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. When I sit with companies as a CPA, they hire for ONE reason almost entirely. Demand of their service. A reduction in a minor portion of FICA tax is barely felt by a company. Bring on an employee and healthcare, desk space etc..become real costs. A $40,000 job, with the payroll tax reduction saves a company about $1,200. That is NOT enough to sway someone to hire an employee.

Customer demand is, unless of course it's civil service. Then it's supply ...only who cares about the customer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think this will create jobs where there were none but if an employer was on the fence about it... this might push em to hire

keep in mind corporate profits are at record levels and so is productivity... big companies are able to hire

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4141090]I dont think this will create jobs where there were none but if an employer was on the fence about it... this might push em to hire

keep in mind corporate profits are at record levels and so is productivity... big companies are able to hire[/QUOTE]

A payroll tax freeze is the most ridiculous thing ever. It demonstrates how out of touch congress is. The recent cut in fact was only for the employee...effectively increasing their take home pay. Also causing the Social security GAP to widen. Take home pay increased very modestly.

NO employer savings are in the current cut.

Typical vote buying.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    my employer doesn't discuss that stuff with me, I work in TV anyway, so I doubt it will really change much, technology is the biggest factor in hiring
    Last edited by piney; 09-12-2011 at 10:34 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why hire Obama plans on raising taxes anyway. This is the way business tells him to screw himself. This is the same bullcrap that snake oil salesman has been pushing for 3 years now!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4140995]A $40,000 job, with the payroll tax reduction saves a company about $1,200. That is NOT enough to sway someone to hire an employee.
    [/QUOTE]

Sweet.

So let's raise payroll taxes to help close the budget deficit since, you know, they're barely felt at all anyway...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work for govt, so yes: more incompetent boobs (the bad kind) at over-inflated salaries.

The ironic part: new hires in an IT dept that don't have Computer Science degrees. Thaaaaaaaaat's right. :banghead:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4141713]I work for govt, so yes: more incompetent boobs (the bad kind) at over-inflated salaries.

The ironic part: new hires in an IT dept that don't have Computer Science degrees. Thaaaaaaaaat's right. :banghead:[/QUOTE]

If government didn't hire the inept.....who would?;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4141714]If government didn't hire the inept.....who would?;)[/QUOTE]

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :(