Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QB dept. : " QBR : Fitzpatrick dominates Sanchez " ~ ~ ~

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has won 24 games in his NFL career, 20 regular season, 4 playoff. Out of those games, 8 have been come from behind (A third of all victories).

He played his first season as a rookie, where many of these other QBs didn't. He gets Aaron Rodgers comparisons, yet Rodgers didn't start his first game until year 4. In that year, Rodgers had a losing season (5-11). And that wasn't a first year coach. He had Jennings, and Jones, and Driver then as well.

Sanchez is a year behind Flacco and Ryan, yet has advanced further in the playoffs than both of them. He also has a better QB rating than both of the other 2 QBs combined (not to mention 7TDs/11INTs for Flacco/Ryan in all their playoff games combined, 9/3 for Sanchez - 5/1 last playoffs).

We're talking about stats, right? Sanchez is 4-2 in the playoffs, all on the road.

Situational stats? Sanchez has 8 comebacks in his short career. The record is 47 by John Elway, who played for 16 years, 42 for Favre, 37 Marino.

Sanchez is a gamer. You want to continue with statistics?

Elway's first 4 years as a QB? 65TD/64INT, never had a completion percentage OVER 56.3 in a year.

He's more like Elway than people want to admit. Comeback ability, leadership.

Just because he's not Drew Brees....... who coincidentally was crap until year 4 as well, people want to get rid of him. We want 36TD/4INT and a first round loss in the playoffs :rolleyes:.

If Sanchez is gone, we're all not only going to miss him, but we're going to miss going deep into the playoffs as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4144745]Sanchez has won 24 games in his NFL career, 20 regular season, 4 playoff. Out of those games, 8 have been come from behind (A third of all victories).

He played his first season as a rookie, where many of these other QBs didn't. He gets Aaron Rodgers comparisons, yet Rodgers didn't start his first game until year 4. In that year, Rodgers had a losing season (5-11). And that wasn't a first year coach. He had Jennings, and Jones, and Driver then as well.

Sanchez is a year behind Flacco and Ryan, yet has advanced further in the playoffs than both of them. He also has a better QB rating than both of the other 2 QBs combined (not to mention 7TDs/11INTs for Flacco/Ryan in all their playoff games combined, 9/3 for Sanchez - 5/1 last playoffs).

We're talking about stats, right? Sanchez is 4-2 in the playoffs, all on the road.

Situational stats? Sanchez has 8 comebacks in his short career. The record is 47 by John Elway, who played for 16 years, 42 for Favre, 37 Marino.

Elway's first 4 years as a QB? 65TD/64INT, never had a completion percentage OVER 56.3 in a year.

Just because he's not Drew Brees....... who coincidentally was crap until year 4 as well, people want to get rid of him. We want 36TD/4INT and a first round loss in the playoffs :rolleyes:.

If Sanchez is gone, we're all not only going to miss him, but we're going to miss going deep into the playoffs as well.[/QUOTE]yup :rockon:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can Sanchez Recover From a Beating ?

> [url]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904060604576571163690749164.html?mod=WSJ_topics_obama[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This rating system is wiggity wiggity wack!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kelly;4144761]yup :rockon:[/QUOTE]

You were drinking a lot yesterday, weren't you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4140735]Maybe it had something to do with him coming up short down by 7 twice in the fourth Quarter. Then coming up short in the 2 minute drill tie game. Then coming up short again on the 32 yard line needing to make it an easier fg?

Whats really funny is after this game people were starting threads boasting how great Sanchez was. WOW what low ****ing expectations for a top 5 pick in his third year. He did jack **** for almost the whole first half and then got 7 at the end. So is that good for you? A td a half and you dolts brag about it. ****ing pathetic.[/QUOTE]

or maybe it had something to do with YOU being a complete jackass

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rbstern;4140538]I don't know anything about ESPN's new rating system. But right off the bat, "Clutch Weight EPA" looks like a misnomer. How can Fitzpatrick, who played in a blowout, have a "Clutch Weight EPA" of 5.5 while Sanchez was a -3.9. What does that measure? How clutch does a guy need to be if his team is coasting all game, versus a guy who has to come from behind down 14 in the 4th quarter?[/QUOTE]

No sh*t I was just gonna copy that here before I read your post.

Does'nt make sence:confused:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4140754]Actually "sanchise" this article proves I am the smart one. I pointed out how he wasn't great that game and how he came up short and needed Revis and ST to make the comeback for him. Everyone bashed me for nitpicking but look at this, an impartial rating system that analyzes the game agrees with me how shocking. :rolleyes:

PS: a 17 is awful with a 50 being avg. I said he was up and down but not great in any stretch. This was worse then even I said.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're the smart one. ESPN told me. Did you realize that he was under constant duress. Now whether that was from the line, Rob's scheme, or the inability to adapt and go to a three step drop with quick passes, or just Ware being a beast idk, but he did pretty damn well considering. Brady didn't look as good against us last year. No QB looks good under that much pressure. Maybe you're not so smart after all...sorry

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NxYxJets;4144813]This rating system is wiggity wiggity wack![/QUOTE]

Yeah well it's brand new. I think they need to tweak it a little. They need to find a way to weight QB pressure. I mean if they're going to weight in down and distance, sacks, and fumbles then they should find a way to aknowledge the pass rush, and maybe the quality of the defense. All QBs look like Johnny U if they have time. IE Fitzpatrick. Under duress even Brady looks like Brooks Bollinger.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 09-15-2011 at 08:35 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is utter hogwash. Geez

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kelly, have you ever been dominated by another man?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4140735]Maybe it had something to do with him coming up short down by 7 twice in the fourth Quarter. Then coming up short in the 2 minute drill tie game. Then coming up short again on the 32 yard line needing to make it an easier fg?

Whats really funny is after this game people were starting threads boasting how great Sanchez was. WOW what low ****ing expectations for a top 5 pick in his third year. He did jack **** for almost the whole first half and then got 7 at the end. So is that good for you? A td a half and you dolts brag about it. ****ing pathetic.[/QUOTE]

You really are a redundant a0hole.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Being an unbiased outside observer with no horse in this race, I'd have to agree with the article. As a matter of fact I'm being serious when I say I think Sanchez is the worst QB in the AFC East.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what was wrong with the old QB rating. It wasn't perfect, but QB with top 10 rated QBs were usually the best ones.

In the last 3 seasons the top 10 rated QBs teams all had winning records but 2 (2009 NYG 8-8 and 2008 Texans 8-8). Most were playoff teams and none had losing records.

In the regular QB rating McNabb is dead last in the NFL with 47 rating. Looks like they old one is better.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4144745]Sanchez has won 24 games in his NFL career, 20 regular season, 4 playoff. Out of those games, 8 have been come from behind (A third of all victories).

If Sanchez is gone, we're all not only going to miss him, but we're going to miss going deep into the playoffs as well.[/QUOTE]

+1 awesome job. the qbr seems ridiculously stupid. it tries to measure "clutch" but doesn't take into account the opponents defense, or how your own offensive line is playing or a thousand other factors. At least the regular qb rating was a statistically objective measurement.

IMO, Sanchez threw for over 300 yards with no running game against a strong confusing defense with his offensive line playing poorly; making this his best regular season game yet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I have to say after witnessing the reaction to an apparently flawed poll is:

Could you imagine if Sanchez was as bad as Magnus claims?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4145678]Being an unbiased outside observer with no horse in this race, I'd have to agree with the article. As a matter of fact I'm being serious when I say I think Sanchez is the worst QB in the AFC East.....[/QUOTE]

troll? looking forward to seeing brady lose to sanchez again in playoffs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets QB better prepared for Jaguars

> [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/wiser_sanchez_will_speak_off_the_h7Od2hwtoduMbUYj4CCguI[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    > [url]http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110915/SPORTS90/109150318/-1/RSS02[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burress, Holmes can help inconsistent Jets QB Mark Sanchez

> [url]http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-09-15/story/jaguars-notebook-burress-holmes-can-help-inconsistent-jets?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jacksonville%2FksHE+%28Jacksonville+Jaguars+%2B+Jaguars+News+-+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Union%29[/url]