Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QB dept. : " QBR : Fitzpatrick dominates Sanchez " ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Magnus;4140735]Maybe it had something to do with him coming up short down by 7 twice in the fourth Quarter. Then coming up short in the 2 minute drill tie game. Then coming up short again on the 32 yard line needing to make it an easier fg?

Whats really funny is after this game people were starting threads boasting how great Sanchez was. WOW what low ****ing expectations for a top 5 pick in his third year. He did jack **** for almost the whole first half and then got 7 at the end. So is that good for you? A td a half and you dolts brag about it. ****ing pathetic.[/QUOTE]

You're a moron who should look for a job at ESPN, you'll fit right in.

Sanchez played well, really well considering how any times he was hit and how little help he got from his ground game.

If you couldn't see that and need some idiotic made up scoring system to tell you how he played, then you really need to take your sorry a$$ off of this board. Your stupid, idiotic posts keep polluting the board

1. QB Rating is a dumb stat. Maybe the most inept in all of sports. Kerry Collins' QB Rating is currently virtually equal to Michael Vick's - which QB would you rather have?

2. Fitzpatrick had a great game but the Chiefs suck, are way overrated and are about to get exposed BIG TIME this season. In contrast Sanchez was facing an elite D going up against the Cowboys.

[QUOTE=Dynasty;4145693]I don't know what was wrong with the old QB rating. It wasn't perfect, but QB with top 10 rated QBs were usually the best ones.

In the last 3 seasons the top 10 rated QBs teams all had winning records but 2 (2009 NYG 8-8 and 2008 Texans 8-8). Most were playoff teams and none had losing records.

In the regular QB rating McNabb is dead last in the NFL with 47 rating. Looks like they old one is better.[/QUOTE]

You also can tell a good QB from an average or even poor QB. As much as every Jet fan despises Brady, you could just watch him play and tell that he's a good QB. When you watch Alex Smith play, you can tell he's not at the same level. You don't need a QB rating to tell you that. At the end of the game, is the QB composed? Was he composed? Why did Chad Pennington have zero comeback ability? You don't need a QB rating when you watch the QBs play. QB rating is based on the QB's ability to generate statistics, but doesn't take into consideration the one statistic that ultimately counts: Wins.

You can make the argument that a good defense, or running game, or coach makes up for a poor QB, but the fact is that good QB play = Superbowl for the most part.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4146796]1. QB Rating is a dumb stat. Maybe the most inept in all of sports. Kerry Collins' QB Rating is currently virtually equal to Michael Vick's - which QB would you rather have?

2.[B] Fitzpatrick had a great game but the Chiefs suck, are way overrated and are about to get exposed BIG TIME this season. In contrast Sanchez was facing an elite D going up against the Cowboys[/B].[/QUOTE]

Playing in Arrowhead on opening day is a tough feat in itself. Also, I wouldnt say the Chiefs Defense "sucks". The Bills deserve credit, and Fitzpatrick has looked decent for sometime now.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4146832]Playing in Arrowhead on opening day is a tough feat in itself. Also, I wouldnt say the Chiefs Defense "sucks". The Bills deserve credit, and Fitzpatrick has looked decent for sometime now.[/QUOTE]

How is Arrowhead so different than any other NFL road game? I always hear about how Arrowhead is such a tough place to win in yet so many teams manage to win there and pretty convincingly.

Chiefs and Cassell are getting exposed this year. The humiliation began with that egg they laid versus the Ravens in the playoffs last year, continued yesterday and will more sh*tbombs are coming the rest of this season. Cassell, the wonderboy who supposedly the Pats were supposedly considering keeping over Brady and McDaniels wanted to trade Cutler for and we were supposed to send a 1st round pick for looked lost facing the Bills' D.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4140715]There is no "FYI"...you're a click bot.

We don't need links to your bullsh*t articles. Stay in Denmakistan....[/QUOTE]

Kaaaaahhhhnnnn...... Kaaaaaahhhhhnnnn...
    Shut the hell up.
    Good thread Kelly and you look sexy as hell duck diving your board.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4147312][B]How is Arrowhead so different than any other NFL road game? I always hear about how Arrowhead is such a tough place to win in yet so many teams manage to win there and pretty convincingly.[/B]

Chiefs and Cassell are getting exposed this year. The humiliation began with that egg they laid versus the Ravens in the playoffs last year, continued yesterday and will more sh*tbombs are coming the rest of this season. Cassell, the wonderboy who supposedly the Pats were supposedly considering keeping over Brady and McDaniels wanted to trade Cutler for and we were supposed to send a 1st round pick for looked lost facing the Bills' D.[/QUOTE]

I never said the Chiefs were good, i just dont think their defense sucks ie; I think Fitzpatrick deserves some props. :)

Arrowhead used to ROCK when i lived in SD and saw alot of games broadcast from there for 30 years. Top 3 crowd level easy.....they used to ruin opposing Offenses with false starts due to the noise. Of course i moved from the AFCWest area, so i havent seen a chiefs game for a while.....i know they are in decline, so possibly so is the crowd.

Hall Of Fame
    Jones-Drew, Sanchez

> [url]http://www.app.com/article/20110917/NJSPORTS031003/309170058/1002/SPORTS&source=rss[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    > [url]http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view.bg?articleid=1366609&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bostonherald%2Fsports%2Ffootball%2Fother_nfl+%28NFL+Coverage+-+Patriots+%26+NFL+-+BostonHerald.com%29&utm_content=ESPN[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    A Work in Progress

> [url]http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/sports/football/jets-sanchez-takes-hits-but-remains-a-work-in-progress.html?_r=1&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nyt%2Frss%2FSports+%28NYT+%3E+Sports%29&utm_content=ESPN[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    > [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/31638/sanchez-henne-fitz-watch-week-2[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez tops list of NFLís most overpaid

> [url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjmVwvdqFJJQuU6YsjlGJgs5nYcB?slug=ys-forbes-overpaid_nfl_players_092011[/url]

Sorry, not ready to go there and trade for Fitzpatrick. I am very happy with our present QB and would much rather look for upgrading team elsewhere. I understand why they rate QB's, but statistics can sometimes be misleading. I know one thing about Sanchez. He can play BIG in BIG Games. He's young and improving. couldn' t be happier.

Hall Of Fame
    mark has been in the nfl for 2 complete seasons so far.

he has had his/our team in the playoffs for both of those seasons.

cool ~ ~
    :cool3:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=kelly;4153590]mark has been in the nfl for 2 complete seasons so far.

he has had his/our team in the playoffs for both of those seasons.

cool ~ ~
    :cool3:[/QUOTE]
    Great analysis buddy.

:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4153608]Great analysis buddy.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    jordy , please ----> [url]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/303043_2227432459322_1653147470_2224084_256208493_n.jpg[/url]

please . . .
    :pray:

Hall Of Fame
    Jet trends : Inside the numbers

> [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/7346/jet-trends-inside-the-numbers[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Is Sanchez the Sanchise ?

> [url]http://blog.nj.com/jets/2011/09/is_sanchez_the_sanchise.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    > [url]http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110922/SPORTS/109220326/-1/RSS02[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    > [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/32001/sanchez-henne-fitz-watch-week-3[/url]