Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez's ESPN QBR Rating!??!?!

[QUOTE=tripside;4142161]Romo's 4th quater was rated at 10.2. His other 3 quarters were significantly higher.[/QUOTE]

Then clearly, "situations" aren't weighed properly.

If I make the best baked potato you ever had, then char the sh*t out of the steak...the dish is a failure. Romo failed...epically. He was NOT 3X better than Sanchez.

when you throw a pick with less than a minute to go in a tie game, who cares what the ranking is.

espn is a dinasor. They are a joke. The NFL Network has made a jike out of espn. I think Sanchez will have a top 10 year, this year.

Passer rating is still by far the best formula to determine how well your QB threw the ball. It uses 4 great metrics:

Completion %
    Yards per attempt
    TD%
    INT%

QBR is a crock and I'm tired already of ESPN shoving it down our throats. According to QBR, Matt Ryan had a better year than Aaron Rodgers last year and Eli had a better year than Philip Rivers. LMAO puh-leaze. ESPN is embarrassing themselves with this stat and it is not catching on at all. It's too subjective and confusing.

sanchez had an 88.7 qb ranking vs. cowboys. he had a 63 in his rookie yr and a 75 last yr.

Out of Sanchez's 24 career wins, 8 are come from behind, including 2 in the playoffs.

I guess that's a mistake/coincidence as well.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=FF2®;4142160]Mods? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty sure they've got it right.

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4142296]sanchez had an 88.7 qb ranking vs. cowboys. he had a 63 in his rookie yr and a 75 last yr.[/QUOTE]

In 5 years he'll be consistently in the 130's! :eek:

[QUOTE=John_0515;4142313]In 5 years he'll be consistently in the 130's! :eek:[/QUOTE]

you know, the stats aren't that meaningful, but sometimes you can see trends in them. if sanchez finishes with a 90 qb rating or so, that would be great.

All League
    I much prefer DYAR.

[url]http://footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2011/week-1-quick-reads[/url]

[QUOTE]17. Mark Sanchez NYJ
    King of clutch? Sanchez converted six third downs. Going into Monday night, only Drew Brees and Josh Freeman converted more. On the other hand, his 14 dropbacks on third down were one fewer than anyone else had, and not one of those dropbacks came with more than ten yards to go.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4142324]you know, the stats aren't that meaningful, but sometimes you can see trends in them. if sanchez finishes with a 90 qb rating or so, that would be great.[/QUOTE]

LOL. He's improving all the time. Of people can't see that, oh well.

I watched both the Fins game and the Jets games this weekend. I would take Henne over Sanchez all day long. The Bills also have a better QB than the Jets. If your D and special teams don't get it done, it ain't gettin done. Those QB ratings look spot on to me.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;4142169]Then clearly, "situations" aren't weighed properly.

If I make the best baked potato you ever had, then char the sh*t out of the steak...the dish is a failure. Romo failed...epically. He was NOT 3X better than Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Ask Pats fans who they'd rather face on a last minute drive. Romo or Señor Comeback-o?

Please dont look at that bogus ESPN stat they are trying out for the first year. It might not even be around next month or next year.

If you want stats I wouldnt look at QB rating Either. I would focus on Footballoutsiders stats--I think they are by far the best anywhere......

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Foley21;4142069]I totally agree... that's why i started this thread. Not to argue about Sanchez's night, but to debate the validity of the QBR rating. I thought it was going to eventually take over for the QB Rating, but there is no way with a system like this.

I'm not saying Sanchez should have a HIGH number, but the fact that his number was SO low is insane to me. 17.6 out of 100? Really now?

I mean, seriously, McNabb was under 50% completion, had 39 YARDS and a pick with just one TD. 39 yards, seriously?!?! Sanchez had 2 COMPLETIONS over 30 yards and 2 more over 25. How can McNabb's QBR be better?!

Stats are flawed, but this stat is the most flawed I've ever seen![/QUOTE]

Thank you and those of us who are sane understood your initial post. :clapper:

[QUOTE=MACPAC;4142340]I watched both the Fins game and the Jets games this weekend. I would take Henne over Sanchez all day long. The Bills also have a better QB than the Jets. If your D and special teams don't get it done, it ain't gettin done. Those QB ratings look spot on to me.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but you can counter that by saying Dallas defense is way better than NE's and KC's.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;4142340]I watched both the Fins game and the Jets games this weekend. I would take Henne over Sanchez all day long. The Bills also have a better QB than the Jets. If your D and special teams don't get it done, it ain't gettin done. Those QB ratings look spot on to me.[/QUOTE]

Yes because Sanchez can't complete a fade route at the goal line when given 6 chances to do so...

I'd take Henne all day over a guy who can't do that...

[QUOTE=ozu;4142332]I much prefer DYAR.

[url]http://footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2011/week-1-quick-reads[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge fan of this stat either. Just looking at the article you can see on a one game sample how flawed it is when they list 9 other rookie QB performances better than Newton's, some which look like pedestrian games. It just tries to incorporate too much (DYAR) and it leaves you with a number that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. People rag on passer rating all the time, but it's a great stat. If you want a real simple one that usually is very telling, yards per attempt is solid as well.

or you can go by the bill parcells metric, how many times a qb gets your team into the endzone.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4141906]I thought the QBR was supposed to factor in things like how much pressure you're facing...

If throwing for 320ish yards and 2 TD's (1 INT) while running for your life is deserved of a 17.6 'QBR' well, then their system is broken...[/QUOTE]

yeah - what happened to the "Wayne Hunter Curve"?! :mad: