Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez's ESPN QBR Rating!??!?!

[QUOTE=Magnus;4141993]The completion percent was misleading also. He had to lateral passes that went for no yards and 2 passes completed on shorst for a third down. take away those 4 passes and he had his regular 55% game.[/QUOTE]

You're ridiculous. I want you to go through every game for every QB and remove the passes you feel shouldn't count as receptions.

Down 14 in the fourth quarter, Sanchez leads his team to a TD drive to bring them within 7. He was about to get the ball back again with a chance to tie it and the special teams took care of it for him.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4141993]The completion percent was misleading also. He had to laterall passes that went for no yards and 2 passes completed on shorst for a third down. take away those 4 passes and he had his regular 55% game.[/QUOTE]

you realize this false logic, right?

Take away the two TD passes and he has a terrible QB rating.

Take away the hurry up offense and he completes like 6 passes.

But the problem is, he did throw the 2 TDs and he did run an efficient hurry up offense.

How about you find something else to talk about for once?

Was #6 the best QB in the NFL this week? Of course not. But he wasn't near the bottom either. He was somewhere in the middle. Against a quality opponent. And he helped win the game. I'll take it.

[QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4141998]Yeah take away short passes because they shouldn't count. Are you really that dumb or are you Kellen Clemens?[/QUOTE]

Hey dumb *** two completions short on third down meaning he didn't get the first. Thats as good as an incompletion.

I agree (to a point) with Magnus. Sanchez did not have a very good game at all, and was pretty unspectacular and dissapointing repeatedly when the game was on the line. He gets credited with a "Comeback Win", but he doesn't really deserve much credit for it tbh.

With that said, a W is a W. He did just enough over the course of the game to win, a la Trent Dilfer and the Ravens, and thats enough. I'd love to see better, and I have no doubt he is capable of better, but end of the day, a W is a W, and he got the W.

Lets all root that it was just early season/shortened offseason jitters and sloppyness, and that he comes out much better Sunday.

Oh, and arguing over rating is lol-rage. Why bother? It's worse than arguing over Fatcessa ffs.

[QUOTE=Magnus;4142002]Hey dumb *** two completions short on third down meaning he didn't get the first. Thats as good as an incompletion.[/QUOTE]

You're trying too hard...

It's embarrassing...

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd rather have the W.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4141993]The completion percent was misleading also. He had to lateral passes that went for no yards and 2 passes completed on shorst for a third down. take away those 4 passes and he had his regular 55% game.[/QUOTE]

Take away the play where Derrick Mason let the ball fly over his hand and the play where Burress just planted and let the defender break on the ball, then take away the drop that LT had in the fourth also you should take out the throwaways when he was pressured and just got the throws off and the throw away in the back of endzone when no one was open.

This game of omission is stupid. Sanchez was above average but far from great. His o-line and run game were almost nonexistent.

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4142000]you realize this false logic, right?

Take away the two TD passes and he has a terrible QB rating.

Take away the hurry up offense and he completes like 6 passes.

But the problem is, he did throw the 2 TDs and he did run an efficient hurry up offense.

How about you find something else to talk about for once?

Was #6 the best QB in the NFL this week? Of course not. But he wasn't near the bottom either. He was somewhere in the middle. Against a quality opponent. And he helped win the game. I'll take it.[/QUOTE]

Are you really that stupid? My point is he got credit for a completion 4 times when it was as good as an incompletion. 2 laterals for no yards and two passes short of the sticks for a first down. Him completing those passes does nothing for me but disguise his stats.

All League
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4142002]Hey dumb *** two completions short on third down meaning he didn't get the first. Thats as good as an incompletion.[/QUOTE]

So he should force a throw and turn the ball over like Romo. Got it. You're hatred for Sanchez is making you stupid. What are you 12 years old? You seem like someone who's been a Jet fan for 2 years and is pissed because we only got to a Championship game twice. If we were down by 2 scores with any Jets QB the last 10 years (besides Vinny when he was healthy) there's not a chance in hell we win that game on Sunday.

but you can do this with other qbs, and moreso. alex smith completed 15 of 20 passes for 125 yds with no tds. now, his rating may be higher, but he didn't impact the game nearly as much. he didn't move the ball, didn't get many first downs. if your qb doesn't take chances, you wind up with chad pennington.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kdelgado;4142010]Take away the play where Derrick Mason let the ball fly over his hand and the play where Burress just planted and let the defender break on the ball, then take away the drop that LT had in the fourth also you should take out the throwaways when he was pressured and just got the throws off and the throw away in the back of endzone when no one was open.

This game of omission is stupid. Sanchez was above average but far from great. His o-line and run game were almost nonexistent.[/QUOTE]

If you take away the beautiful pass to Plax and the bullet to Keller--Sanchez THREW ZERO TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy SUCKS!!

How can he not throw ANY TOUCHDOWNS?!?

NONE!

_

Jets Insider VIP

BR

I invite anyone who agrees with Sanchez's 17.6 Total QBR to explain why Romo got a 62.9 rating. That's more than 3x Sanchez's rating even though both QBs had a bad interception and fumble.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4142023]If you take away the beautiful pass to Plax and the bullet to Keller--Sanchez THREW ZERO TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy SUCKS!!

How can he not throw ANY TOUCHDOWNS?!?

NONE!

_[/QUOTE]

:applause:

All League
    QBR is just another joke stat

[QUOTE=Magnus;4142016]Are you really that stupid? My point is he got credit for a completion 4 times when it was as good as an incompletion. 2 laterals for no yards and two passes short of the sticks for a first down. Him completing those passes does nothing for me but disguise his stats.[/QUOTE]

are YOU really that stupid?!?!? you can say that for every single QB that plays on a week to week basis...so its relative...get a grip and put your sanchez bat away for 2 seconds

this is clearly a case of someone not watching any other games in the NFL except for the Jets and thinking other teams go down the field on every single pass play

[QUOTE=Jgrlica3;4142029]I invite anyone who agrees with Sanchez's 17.6 Total QBR to explain why Romo got a 62.9 rating. That's more than 3x Sanchez's rating even though both QBs had a bad interception and fumble.[/QUOTE]

an excellent point indeed.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4142020]but you can do this with other qbs, and moreso. alex smith completed 15 of 20 passes for 125 yds with no tds. now, his rating may be higher, but he didn't impact the game nearly as much. he didn't move the ball, didn't get many first downs. if your qb doesn't take chances, you wind up with chad pennington.[/QUOTE]

Let me see if I understand this correctly.

"Matty Ice" threw ZERO TDs (which is approximately 2 LESS than Mark).

Threw for LESS yards that Sanchez on MORE attempts.

Threw ONE INT that led directly to a TD on the next drive.

Then FUMBLED without even getting touched--which fumble was picked up and run in for a TD.

"Matty Ice" gave the Bears 14 points.

And the Falcons lost.

Yet he had a higher QBR than Sanchez?

Are we really arguing about this?

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 09-13-2011 at 11:40 AM.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4142041]are YOU really that stupid?!?!? you can say that for every single QB that plays on a week to week basis...so its relative...get a grip and put your sanchez bat away for 2 seconds

this is clearly a case of someone not watching any other games in the NFL except for the Jets and thinking other teams go down the field on every single pass play[/QUOTE]

He's easily the worst poster on this board. Even TX was better.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4141998]Yeah take away short passes because they shouldn't count. Are you really that dumb or are you Kellen Clemens?[/QUOTE]

the Magnoramus??

dumber than a tree stump

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4142016]Are you really that stupid? My point is he got credit for a completion 4 times when it was as good as an incompletion. 2 laterals for no yards and two passes short of the sticks for a first down. Him completing those passes does nothing for me but disguise his stats.[/QUOTE]

First of all, you're in no position to call anyone stupid. Except for FF2.

Secondly, you don't have a valid point, though that isn't surprising since you hardly ever do.

You can't cherry pick which throws to include and which throws to omit.