Thread: Wipe Out! Turner (R) wins special election

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Wipe Out! Turner (R) wins special election

Word just came that Bob Turner has won the special election in New York’s ninth Congressional district—perhaps by as much as 10 points—while it was a foregone conclusion earlier tonight that in Nevada’s second, Mark Amodei had won the special election there with at least 60 percent of the vote.

Both Turner and Amodei made the president the chief target of their campaign ire, and the Democrats in both races ran as far from Barack Obama as they could. And they were wiped out anyway.

These may prove to be among the most suggestive special-election results in modern American history. The Democratic candidate Harris Wofford​’s win in the 1991 special for Senate in Pennsylvania proved a harbinger of Bill Clinton’s victory in 1992, and Republican Scott Brown’s win in Massachusetts in January 2010 presaged the shellacking in the midterms last year. If Obama loses next November, the writing on the wall will have appeared tonight.

[url]http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/09/14/the-wipeouts-in-new-york-and-nevada/[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]These may prove to be among the most suggestive special-election results in modern American history.[/QUOTE]

Incumbant (D) was in a horribly embarassing scandal, and the district itself has a lifespan now approaching that of a gnat.

The NY win, with respect, is not indicitive of anything but the two issues above. And matters little, since the seat is gone shortly anyway.

Obvious spin is obvious.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for those voters! Weprin's an idiot, and a sock puppet for the Dem machine in the city.

Of course, this will mean nothing to Dumbama except "we must work harder to push the progressive agenda!". Yeah....how 'bout "NO".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4143612]Incumbant (D) was in a horribly embarassing scandal, and the district itself has a lifespan now approaching that of a gnat.

The NY win, with respect, is not indicitive of anything but the two issues above. And matters little, since the seat is gone shortly anyway.

Obvious spin is obvious.[/QUOTE]

People said the same thing about Scott Brown's victory in Assachussets.

Ignore the tea leaves if you wish.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4143622]People said the same thing about Scott Brown's victory in Assachussets.

Ignore the tea leaves if you wish.[/QUOTE]

Scott Brown, the not-exactly-a-conservative?

Yes yes, it was taljked up as a huge meaningful win of the ages....and he's done what, exactly, since he was elected? Right, side with the libs as much as the cons.

Sometimes the tea leaves are just that....wet soggy tea leaves.;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4143642]Scott Brown, the not-exactly-a-conservative?

Yes yes, it was taljked up as a huge meaningful win of the ages....and he's done what, exactly, since he was elected? Right, side with the libs as much as the cons.

Sometimes the tea leaves are just that....wet soggy tea leaves.;)[/QUOTE]

What about this...

NEW YORK - The Israeli flag prominently placed alongside the American Stars and Stripes at the Republican Party’s tumultuous victory celebrations in the New York borough of Queens on Wednesday night may one day come to be remembered as a symbol of a watershed moment in the political history of the Jewish community and American-Israeli relations.

Whether or not it was, in fact, the voters’ antipathy to President Barack Obama’s Israel policies that gave the hitherto unknown Republican candidate Bob Turner his stunning upset triumph in the special elections held in New York’s Ninth Congressional District yesterday is almost irrelevant now. In politics it is the perception that counts, and Wednesday’s unequivocal repudiation of Obama and the Democrats in one of the America’s most densely-populated Jewish areas will be portrayed, as the outspoken former Mayor Ed Koch put it, as a “message to President Obama that he cannot throw Israel under a bus with impunity “.

[url]http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/new-york-s-district-9-hands-obama-a-jewish-thumping-1.384385?localLinksEnabled=false[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4143649]What about this...[/quote]

What about it? The article is pure speculation based purely on a flag being raised next to the US Flag? There is noe evidence it was Jews who alone changed the course of the win, even if they were teh majority ethnicity in the district.

Again, obvious spin is obvious, and I'll go one further. Republicans loath it when (D) supporter hoise up flags other than our own, for exmaple Mexicans and the Mexican flag so often displayed.

While, my answer to you is consistent. The U.S. isn't Mexico, and the U.S. isn't Israel, and I prefer not to see either of their flags here, in OUR political system. U.S. Politicians should care about U.S. citizens, not Mexicans and not Israelis.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4143662]What about it? The article is pure speculation based purely on a flag being raised next to the US Flag? There is noe evidence it was Jews who alone changed the course of the win, even if they were teh majority ethnicity in the district.

Again, obvious spin is obvious, and I'll go one further. Republicans loath it when (D) supporter hoise up flags other than our own, for exmaple Mexicans and the Mexican flag so often displayed.

While, my answer to you is consistent. The U.S. isn't Mexico, and the U.S. isn't Israel, and I prefer not to see either of their flags here, in OUR political system. U.S. Politicians should care about U.S. citizens, not Mexicans and not Israelis.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know all those Jews in NYC were here illegally. :eek:

Gosh, after all these years. Who knew?!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4143666]I didn't know all those Jews in NYC were here illegally. :eek:

Gosh, after all these years. Who knew?![/QUOTE]

Change the Subject and attack, the Liberal way. FUnny seeing a self-professed conservative used such a tactic.

Their legallity/illegallity is not the issue. The lack of facts backing the articles claim, the ignoring of teh previous (D)'s scandal as a major factor int he win of an (R), and the pending demise of the district itself keeping (D) voters home (who know their new district will likely bo solidly (D)), are all factors in the obvious spin being obvious of the linked articles claim of a "most suggestive special-election results in modern American history", which is just a total lol overstatement, once all factors are considered.

Beyond that, I do not respect anyone who votes in the interest of OTHER countries, any other countries, over the interests of our own. The article clearly implies that Jewish voters voted (R) for Israel, not for Domestic reasons.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4143675]Change the Subject and attack, the Liberal way. FUnny seeing a self-professed conservative used such a tactic.[/QUOTE]

Let's be fair--- [I]you[/I] changed the subject. :yes:

Jewish voters in the US historically vote Democrat, but that is obviously changing, specifically due to Obama's lies about his policies towards Israel (our only ally in the middle east defacto).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4143675]Beyond that, I do not respect anyone who votes in the interest of OTHER countries, any other countries, over the interests of our own. The article clearly implies that Jewish voters voted (R) for Israel, not for Domestic reasons.[/QUOTE]

So you support Obama's middle east "doctrine"?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4143691]Let's be fair--- [I]you[/I] changed the subject. :yes:

Jewish voters in the US historically vote Democrat, but that is obviously changing, specifically due to Obama's lies about his policies towards Israel (our only ally in the middle east defacto).[/QUOTE]

There is nothing "obvious" about it, and you cannot back the claim that it was Jewish voters who swayed this election, as you lack the actual statistics to prove such a claim.

A flag above a building is not evidence of a mass Jewish defection, it's pure spin and conjecture.

By all means, enjoy your "most suggestive special-election results in modern American history". A win is a win, no matter how biased and inaccurate the post-game spin may be.

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4143702]So you support Obama's middle east "doctrine"?[/QUOTE]

I support some of it, and do not support soem of it, and would happy to discuss it in more specificity in it's own thread rather than wander far afield on this one.

But again, changing the subject of the election results to a subject of Middle Eastern Policy will not change the speculative claim that this is a mass-Jewish defection from (D), or that this is the "most suggestive special-election results in modern American history".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4143709]
    A flag above a building is not evidence of a mass Jewish defection, it's pure spin and conjecture.
    [/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I posted that particular article to make my point, that flag seems to have rubbed you raw, and it's symbolism aside, has nothing to do with my point.

Are Jewish voters pissed off (as are many other voting blocs) about Obama's deceit?

The fact is, there are many voting blocs who went for the Boy King in 2008, who will not vote for him again because of his lies.

This particular voting bloc is significant, particularly in Florida.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the hell cares about freaking Israel?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4143709]But again, changing the subject of the election results to a subject of Middle Eastern Policy will not change the speculative claim that this is a mass-Jewish defection from (D), or that this is the "most suggestive special-election results in modern American history".[/QUOTE]

This is all I'm saying here---

These regional defeats of D's in historically strong D districts are a DIRECT REFLECTION of the horrible job Obama is doing on a national level.

[I][U]He is going to get his ass kicked [/U][/I]in 14 months. :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4143720]I'm sorry I posted that particular article to make my point, that flag seems to have rubbed you raw, and it's symbolism aside, has nothing to do with my point.[/quote]

Not in the least, policy wise I am (generally) a supporter of U.S./Israel relations.

What rubs me raw is overstatement, spin and conjecture when facts are not in evidence.

[QUOTE]Are Jewish voters pissed off (as are many other voting blocs) about Obama's deceit?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea, I'm not a Jewish voter nor do I speak for jewish voters, nor has there been a reputable poll I'm aware fo of a majority of Jewish voters that would support such a claim.

In my experiences, American jewsih voters are as anti-Israeli policy as any other group, some more so. In fact, the only Jewish voter on this site I can think of off the top of my head is both a Democrat, and not-particularly-supportive of Israeli policy (Doggin) by my recollection.

[quote]The fact is, there are many voting blocs who went for the Boy King in 2008, who will not vote for him again because of his lies.

This particular voting bloc is significant, particularly in Florida.[/QUOTE]

We'll certainly see. And it's certainly possible.

But this small elec6ion, given all the factors involved, does not prove it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a CNN op-ed, Carville said Tuesday’s two special election results are a warning to the White House – and a sign the president must make drastic changes now to stave off the Republican momentum.

Read more: [url]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63573.html#ixzz1Y2D4fdR5[/url]