Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Anybody watch Inside the NFL the closer look at Revis vs Dez fighting all game?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody watch Inside the NFL the closer look at Revis vs Dez fighting all game?

Revis is literally laughing every time Dez throws an extra shot at him. Every time Dez is getting extra mad and throwing harder shots at his chest or face he's laughing (not forced) ... I think Revis like to get into guys head and get them upset. Maybe forces them to get out of character and press. The best part is after all the scuffles Dez walks up to Revis and just say "hey I respect you dawg" ..... Revis tells him he respects him as well. Its great to see that interaction between 2 players of that caliber that are literally scuffling the entire game and all of a sudden the young lion tells the Sensei how much he respects his style.

It was also interesting to see the DB coach go to Revis and say "hey I think we may end up putting you on Dez" ... Revis says "no problem" ... Apparently that wasn't the game plan at all. Cro was supposed to stay on Dez the entire game based on that exchange contrary to Rex saying it was always in the plans. I call bullsh*t. Sanchez pumping the guys up on the sidelines even down by 14 was good to see. Usually you see a QB hang his head down 14 but he was letting the team know "i'm still in this" .. when you see a QB with confidence even though things aren't going his way ... as a teammate it has to provide extra confidence to know your main guy has his head in the game and still thinks the game can be pulled out. As a defender or a offensive guy you think "if i make a play and put us in a good position ... my guy still has the confidence that we can take this home" .... Don't ever underestimate what a confident QB even while losing going to the team telling them they are still in it can do for a team. Against the Ravens last year in the playoff's Big Ben was on the sidelines even down by 2 TD's and yelling to the defense "just make a play for me guys and I'll get the job done" ... when role players see their main guys struggling it inspires them to make a play cause they know somebody else needs to step up and turn the game around. Its good to know Sanchez has that leadership in him .... who was there while Sanchez was trying to keep the guys in the game asking them to make plays for him ... none other than Joe McKnight

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes there was alot of Revis on TV this week, first in SoundFX on NFLN and then Turning Point on Versus

i enjoyed all of it and the first takeaway is that Revis is a truly special player. their best player by far and I'd take him over every other defender in the league. He's that special right now (yes even Matthews, Ware or NGata or any1 else)

but there was one particular shoving exchange that stood out to me... between Bryant and Revis that went very late after whistle. it was 2nd or 3rd quarter, after Revis was switched over to Dez from Miles.

the ref kinda gets in there and separates em (the refs basically didn't throw any flags that game) and Revis' explanation (paraphrase) "I'm just trying to wear him down"

he really did get Bryant all riled up and by the game's end he was spent. Dez Bryant could barely run by end of game (what kind of condition is he in?) and we all know how that turned out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you remember the clips from a year a two ago where he would just blow up receivers for no reason? I think one was TO. There was some play that the receiver wasn't involved in, and he was jogging off the line, and Revis just decked him - blasted him into the sideline.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    any chance any of the inside the nfl clips are online? I dont get showtime!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d8223f54f/Sound-FX-Darrelle-Revis[/URL]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thshadow;4147218] I think one was TO. There was some play that the receiver wasn't involved in, and he was jogging off the line, and Revis just decked him - blasted him into the sideline.[/QUOTE]

... hahahahahaha ... i knew i worshipped this guy for a reason! :cool: ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis was really vocal on GW field goal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a 1 second clip showing the play. Not great, but enough that someone can make an animated gif? :)

[url]http://youtu.be/v5_zwBHJ8Po?t=3m22s[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, saw it Thursday on Turning Point. Was loving how he was getting into Dez's head. A big part of his game is mental. Love how he utilizes it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    reminds me of a better ty law...law was no slouch ;) in his day.....boy did the jets get lucky with this guy.

the best defensive player in the league!