Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy ****, the Pats are OBSESSED with the Jets...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy ****, the Pats are OBSESSED with the Jets...

Anybody watching NFLN "Football life" with the mumbling scumbag?

Some thoughts

- That whole organization is obsessed with the Jets. Where does the hatred come from? The first line was during training camp, from Jon Bon Jovi, "what about this Rex Ryan..." to the team watching the game after the Tennessee game, holy crap, and Pats fans talk about Jets fans? If I'm a Pats fan, I'm utterly embarrassed

- I found it funny when Belichick wanted energy out of the team, showing them film of players who made plays and there was no celebration. My first thought was, look in the mirror Bill, you are as monotone as there is in the NFL, your players feed off of their head coach, if you weren't such a mumbling POS, they might have a little energy

- With all the talk of how much of a "genius" the guy is, I was actually rather disappointed about how bland the guy was, during meetings, with players, his coaches, those meeting rooms were dead, nothing earth shattering scheme wise.

- How awkward were the Kraft/Belichick interactions? They both seemed just uncomfortable with one another, as if Belichick didn't know what to say. Kraft made it seem he was looking for optimism, something to be confident about, and Belichick barely gave him anything, I guess Kraft knows how the media feels

- Even the exchanges with Brady and Belichick, very bland. It was funny watching Brady complain about getting hit and not being able to make a good throw.

- The Giants years was pretty cool, going through the old locker room, his exchanges and relationship with Parcells, that was good stuff.

- Overall, I was kind of disappointed, I was expecting more, but for all the press and hype this guy gets from the media, I guess I expected more.

But most of all, the obsession and hate with the Jets, wow!!! I would have given my right arm to be a fly on the wall after the playoff game last year...
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 09-15-2011 at 10:15 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to say it, but southside is catching up to Ray Ray on the top 10

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was 2009, and it's good to be obsessed, or at least for them, they have 3 current Trophies.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bon jovi asking Belichick about Rex Ryan shows the Pats are obsessed with the Jets?

I enjoyed it. It doesn't make you a bad Jets fan to refrain from reaching for stupid crap like "nothing earth shatttering scheme wise." I too was shocked they didn't unload into Xs and Os. I mean seriously, I know you are in the lower quartile of posters on this board but do you think before you type at all?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not surprised.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;4145891]Bon jovi asking Belichick about Rex Ryan shows the Pats are obsessed with the Jets?

I enjoyed it. It doesn't make you a bad Jets fan to refrain from reaching for stupid crap like "nothing earth shatttering scheme wise." I too was shocked they didn't unload into Xs and Os. I mean seriously, I know you are in the lower quartile of posters on this board but do you think before you type at all?[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I have all the dirt on this board taking shots below the belt.

Don't assume I don't know or think that Belichick isn't a great coach, and no ****, nfl films wasn't going to be able to film, nor publish the intricate meetings, but at a surface, I made the observations I shared, for all the hype about the guy, I thought it was rather bland, and found some of the content contradictory. I also found the obsession with the Jets surprising, and still wonder where it comes from.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like how he interacts with Bob Kraft like Bob Kraft is a worthless piece of sh*t. Imagine if we interacted with our bosses like he did. Egomaniac. But, I enjoyed the show. Anytime I can see a behind the scenes view of football. I"m in.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait...who is obsessed again?

:dunno:

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4145881]Anybody watching NFLN "Football life" with the mumbling scumbag?

Some thoughts

- That whole organization is obsessed with the Jets. Where does the hatred come from? The first line was during training camp, from Jon Bon Jovi, "what about this Rex Ryan..." to the team watching the game after the Tennessee game, holy crap, and Pats fans talk about Jets fans? If I'm a Pats fan, I'm utterly embarrassed

- I found it funny when Belichick wanted energy out of the team, showing them film of players who made plays and there was no celebration. My first thought was, look in the mirror Bill, you are as monotone as there is in the NFL, your players feed off of their head coach, if you weren't such a mumbling POS, they might have a little energy

- With all the talk of how much of a "genius" the guy is, I was actually rather disappointed about how bland the guy was, during meetings, with players, his coaches, those meeting rooms were dead, nothing earth shattering scheme wise.

- How awkward were the Kraft/Belichick interactions? They both seemed just uncomfortable with one another, as if Belichick didn't know what to say. Kraft made it seem he was looking for optimism, something to be confident about, and Belichick barely gave him anything, I guess Kraft knows how the media feels

- Even the exchanges with Brady and Belichick, very bland. It was funny watching Brady complain about getting hit and not being able to make a good throw.

- The Giants years was pretty cool, going through the old locker room, his exchanges and relationship with Parcells, that was good stuff.

- Overall, I was kind of disappointed, I was expecting more, but for all the press and hype this guy gets from the media, I guess I expected more.

But most of all, the obsession and hate with the Jets, wow!!! I would have given my right arm to be a fly on the wall after the playoff game last year...[/QUOTE]

OK to any other Pats fans here tonight I believe that we should put a letter together and all sign it asking Mr Bob Kraft to kick out that mumbeling scumbag and replace him with Ray Ray here.

Of course Ray will be expected to cheat which I am sure he will not stoop to under any circumstances, so I don't know what we will do there but clearly Ray Ray should be on a plane by now to show us all how a real coach does it.

I bow to your football knowledge Ray Ray and can only dream that this will all work out. The timing should be perfect as I believe your unemployment payments are due to run out soon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Pats and Jets are equally obsessed with each other. Part of a bitter rivalry. You don't see it too much these days.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4145907]I think the Pats and Jets are equally obsessed with each other. Part of a bitter rivalry. You don't see it too much these days.[/QUOTE]

You are 100% correct and there is nothing wrong with that IMO.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4145915]You are 100% correct and there is nothing wrong with that IMO.......[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.campaignmonitor.com/uploads/images/blog/HateTML.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rivalry is great for sport.
    Jets/Pats...Bears/Packers ...Ndomukong Suh/quarterbacks

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4145918][IMG]http://www.campaignmonitor.com/uploads/images/blog/HateTML.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I am sacred by that pic and I want you to know that!!!:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4145915]You are 100% correct and there is nothing wrong with that IMO.......[/QUOTE]

Yep, can't argue there, if anything, I see it as a bigger sign of respect, something most Pats fans don't have of the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I a bit disappointed, but still found it interesting, Pats fans can't get enough of mumbles...

[URL="http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/members/bigmike-3891.html"][COLOR=#960000][B][I]BigMike[/I][/B][/COLOR][/URL]
    [I] [/I]

[B]PatsFans.com Supporter[/B]

[URL="http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/members/bigmike-3891.html"][IMG]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/avatars/3891.gif?dateline=1314066950[/IMG][/URL]

Posting Frequency [IMG]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/images/polls/bar-l.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/images/polls/bar.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/images/polls/bar-r.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/images/icons/icon1.gif[/IMG] [B]Re: BB A Football Life on NFl Network Official Thread[/B]
    any true Pats fan might want to take the Pony out for a "hand gallop" tonight THis is great stuff.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4145924]I am sacred by that pic and I want you to know that!!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yM_4lQh1xXo/RdY_UdMTIhI/AAAAAAAAABA/kuxVCx3OVyk/s320/darth-vader.gif[/IMG]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the show was interesting. I liked the media session before game #2 against the Jets where they brought up Rex's quote "I didn't come here to kiss his rings" and someone asked if he ever had anyone kiss his rings. He smiled and said something like "I don't think so". Then a question was asked if he knew where his rings were and he said probably in a box somewhere.

Then they were game planning for the game and he emphasized shutting down the seam, specifically the tightends Keller & Cotchery. Then you see game footage where they didn't execute and the TEs ran wild. I think he said something about keeping the ball away from Revis and of course he had an interception in the game. Neat stuff.

The reminiscing of Lawrence Taylor and the box in his locker that contained a bunch of uncashed checks was cool. I remember working at Merck during college and one of the co-workers had a wife who worked at Giants Stadium. He was showing everyone a copy of LT's pay stub that showed how much he made and stuff was taken out for deductions. It was cool seeing a big paycheck for LT.

I did find copies of Hard Knocks on one of the torrent sites so I'll be watching the Jets episodes and then the older ones.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belichick is obsessed with execution and winning, and this is a positive trait for any NFL coach. There is an obvious rivalry between the two teams, but his focus is clearly on the opponent he is facing at the time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Putting aside the irony of this thread...is it any surprise? We're in the same division, and with the Fins and Bills sucking for the foreseeable future, we're their chief rival. It'll be even sweeter now that we gave them a good kick in the teeth in the playoffs. That's why week 5 is gonna be great, they'll come at us with both barrels, and we'll get the chance to return fire, and prove again that we're here to stay :yes:
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4145918][IMG]http://www.campaignmonitor.com/uploads/images/blog/HateTML.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn right :D