View Poll Results: Who will be the Republican Presidential candidate in 2012?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perry

2 10.53%
  • Romney

14 73.68%
  • Other

3 15.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the Republican Presidential candidate in 2012?

All Pro

Who will be the Republican Presidential candidate in 2012?

Romney

Romney, and the GOP loses the General Election by >5%

Palin. She rides the Glen Rice effect into the White House.

[QUOTE=FF2;4146217]Palin. She rides the Glen Rice effect into the White House.[/QUOTE]

With this news out, I can see Bit changing his vote...

if the race truly is down to these two candidates it will be a very interesting race for the Republican nomination. Basically a Tea Party vs establishment RINO race and we may truly see what kind of influence the Tea Party has over the Republican party or vice-versa.

If Palin does run, she takes a chainsaw to Perry's base. that leaves Romney.

and let me just say on a personal note I dont think Mitt Romney would be a bad Prez. He's a businessman and a technocrat. He'd be competent. Rick Perry would be a W level disaster.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4146282]If Palin does run, she takes a chainsaw to Perry's base. that leaves Romney.

and let me just say on a personal note I dont think Mitt Romney would be a bad Prez. He's a businessman and a technocrat. He'd be competent. Rick Perry would be a W level disaster.[/QUOTE]

Perry did govern the state least affected by the financial meltdown...

Just sayin'...

I wouldn't want to vote for him, if it makes you feel better...

But I would over Obama...

Jets Insider VIP
    Which one is the racist? I'll take that one.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4146282]

and let me just say on a personal note[B] I dont think Mitt Romney would be a bad Prez. He's a businessman and a technocrat. He'd be competent. Rick Perry would be a W level disaster[/B].[/QUOTE]

agreed

But he will try to hand out tax-cuts to the wealthy like they are M&M's

All League
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4146289]Perry did govern the state least affected by the financial meltdown...

Just sayin'...

I wouldn't want to vote for him, if it makes you feel better...

But I would over Obama...[/QUOTE]

And gasoline is $3.50+ per gallon.

Just sayin'...

[QUOTE=Buster;4146312]And gasoline is $3.50+ per gallon.

Just sayin'...[/QUOTE]

And it was $1.86 when the Democrats won both houses on Congress.

Just say'in....

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4146289]Perry did govern the state least affected by the financial meltdown...

Just sayin'... .[/QUOTE]

the Rick Perry plan is basically to steal jobs from other states and pump natural resources out of the ground... that's not really a scalable solution.

it should also be noted that Texas was saved from housing bust by their extra mortgage regulation (must have good credit and 20% down). GOP platform is less regulation. doesn't make sense.

also very troubling is the nuclear waste facility in West Texas they railroaded through at the behest of Waste Management inc... a billionaire donor.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4146317]And it was $1.86 when the Democrats won both houses on Congress.

Just say'in....[/QUOTE]

I think what Buster is saying is the high price of gasoline leads to alternate drilling jobs like fracking and deep sea stuff. If gas was .75 cents none of those jobs exist.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4146318]the Rick Perry plan is basically to steal jobs from other states and pump natural resources out of the ground... that's not really a scalable solution.

it should also be noted that Texas was saved from housing bust by their extra mortgage regulation (must have good credit and 20% down). GOP platform is less regulation. doesn't make sense.

also very troubling is the nuclear waste facility in West Texas they railroaded through at the behest of Waste Management inc... a billionaire donor.[/QUOTE]

Same ideas can be scaled to steal manufacturing and corporate jobs from other countries. It is scalable.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4146323]I think what Buster is saying is the high price of gasoline leads to alternate drilling jobs like fracking and deep sea stuff. If gas was .75 cents none of those jobs exist.[/QUOTE]

Oh! So Obama's stated ideology that raising gasoline prices (just not too fast) is a good thing because it creates jobs and stimulates the economy, and allows him to fund Green Energy ventures.

Silly me.

[QUOTE]Texas was saved from housing bust by their extra mortgage regulation (must have good credit and 20% down). GOP platform is less regulation.[/QUOTE]

Source for the claim that the GOP wants reduced regulation of Home Mortgage Loan qualifications please?

Here is how i think it goes down. If Perry doesn't begin to flame out under the intense media scrutiny and the race is tight going in to primaries, we will see blue states like NY,NJ, PA, CA going for Romney. Southern states like SC,NC, GA LA TX go for Perry. In the end the primaries will go to the winner of the midwestern states. Personally i think and hope that Romney will get the nod. The elect ability factor will rule the day. Romney can be competetive in PA, NJ and Michigan. Perry would not be competetive in those states. In the end if Romney gets the nod the Dems will have to spend significant time and money in places they could traditionally count on.

My fearly prediction. Romney gets the nod and wins with a 8-10 point margin similar to the Reagan v Carter election.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4146336]Oh! So Obama's stated ideology that raising gasoline prices (just not too fast) is a good thing because it creates jobs and stimulates the economy, and allows him to fund Green Energy ventures.

Silly me.

Source for the claim that the GOP wants reduced regulation of Home Mortgage Loan qualifications please?[/QUOTE]

Bitoni's claim there is the classic way that liberals misunderstand what regulation is. It is truly a great point to make.

To answer him, it was government REGULATION that forced the banks to accept 0 down sub prime loans to begin with. This was social engineering legislated by Washington on to banks. Republicans halfheartedly tried to deal with this in the Bush era and were thwarted. No one wanted to really put a stop to the housing gravy train. To reiterate, it was government regulation that CAUSED the housing crisis. The regulation led to the bad loans then wall street exacerbated the situation with their bundling and derivatives products.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4146374]Bitoni's claim there is the classic way that liberals misunderstand what regulation is. It is truly a great point to make.

To answer him, it was government REGULATION that forced the banks to accept 0 down sub prime loans to begin with. This was social engineering legislated by Washington on to banks. Republicans halfheartedly tried to deal with this in the Bush era and were thwarted. No one wanted to really put a stop to the housing gravy train. To reiterate, it was government regulation that CAUSED the housing crisis. The regulation led to the bad loans then wall street exacerbated the situation with their bundling and derivatives products.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

It was a COMBINATION of things.

Bad Social Engineering Govt. Policy/Regulation.

Combined with conscious, intended, specific knowing malfeasence by the public and private Banking and Mortgage Industry.

Anyone who blames one side or the other can safly be ignored. Both were at fault, and both should burn for it.

my point was whatever led us to the crisis, texas avoided it for the most part due to regulations about who could get a home mortgage. That's good stuff and not really Rick Perry's doing.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4146317]And it was $1.86 when the Democrats won both houses on Congress.

Just say'in....[/QUOTE]

I was responding to the post that said Texas under Governor Perry is creating jobs. The price of oil is up and that industry (based in Texas) is booming and creating jobs.

How could President Perry repeat this phenomena nationwide?