Thread: Take my Obama, please: editor, Chicago Tribune

Take my Obama, please: editor, Chicago Tribune

A meaty rat leaves the ship in broad daylight.

This is the editor of the Chicago Tribune, not some random blogger. Read it.

[url=http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-chapman-obama-reelection,0,622512.column]Chicago Tribune: Why Obama should withdraw[/url]

[I][B]"""When Ronald Reagan ran for re-election in 1984, his slogan was "Morning in America." For Barack Obama, it's more like midnight in a coal mine.

The sputtering economy is about to stall out, unemployment is high, his jobs program may not pass, foreclosures are rampant and the poor guy can't even sneak a cigarette.

His approval rating is at its lowest level ever. His party just lost two House elections — one in a district it had held for 88 consecutive years. He's staked his future on the jobs bill, which most Americans don't think would work.

The vultures are starting to circle."""[/B][/I]

And btw, jobs bill doesn't mean a thing. He already staked his future on a health care bill the country vehemently did not want.

Done.

PS - I checked and rechecked. This clip is AIDS free.
    Last edited by sackdance; 09-19-2011 at 12:47 PM.

the problem with O & his adminstration is they're incompetent

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;4150106]the problem with O & his adminstration is they're incompetent[/QUOTE]

Sure but other than that...

Selective memories and re-writing history is fun when it comes to bashing every sitting President Yet, still classless.

[QUOTE=cr726;4150246]Selective memories and re-writing history is fun when it comes to bashing every sitting President Yet, still classless.[/QUOTE]
    I was curious to see if the shifting position of the liberal hometown Chicago Tribune, once a bastion of Obama's support - maybe the definitive bastion, might register here.

Didn't think it would per se, but I'm sure that the writing on the wall is becoming clearer every passing day.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4150277] I'm sure that the writing on the wall is becoming clearer every passing day.[/QUOTE]

Obama will cruise unless the GOP finds a real candidate.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4150277]I was curious to see if the shifting position of the liberal hometown Chicago Tribune, once a bastion of Obama's support - maybe the definitive bastion, might register here.

Didn't think it would per se, but I'm sure that the writing on the wall is becoming clearer every passing day.[/QUOTE]

Oh, this form of media is different. My bad. :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;4150314]Obama will cruise unless the GOP finds a real candidate.[/QUOTE]
    You can count on the republican candidate getting plenty of "anyone but Obama" votes. Pretty much how BO got elected in the first place.

All Pro
    Obama needs to get things turned around very quickly, but time is on his side at this point.

If the Republicans don't completely botch the upcoming campaign (see Sarah Palin 2008), Obama is heading for a sizable defeat.

[QUOTE=cr726;4150246]Selective memories and re-writing history is fun when it comes to bashing every sitting President Yet, still classless.[/QUOTE]

He is classless. He is typical it is always someone elses fault. Look in the mirror it is YOUR FAULT edit Well educated but not a lick of common sense! DAH!
    Last edited by jetswin; 09-20-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: personal attack

[QUOTE=bitonti;4150314]Obama will cruise unless the GOP finds a real candidate.[/QUOTE]

If he/she can walk talk and chew gum at the same time they are far better then Obama. Lost Hope and Stolen Change!

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4151589]He is classless. He is typical it is always someone elses fault. Look in the mirror it is YOUR FAULT edit Well educated but not a lick of common sense! DAH![/QUOTE]

Simplistic no?

Jets Insider VIP

from the comments section...

kolyan70 at 12:55 PM September 20, 2011

This might be the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Obama's ratings are indeed low but Congress' is even lower. Much lower, in fact. Congress is ripe to be flipped.

Obama is in the same situation that Truman was in and he came back and won, albeit in close fashion. Truman did it by attacking the "Do nothing Congress". Obama can do the same. He should continue the same course he's on and propose legislation to help with jobs, even if it doesn't pass. The people will know that he tried in the face of stubborn opposition. That's why he's trying to get the public to support his current jobs bill. There is no need for him to surrender right now.

As for the statements below about him being "divisive". That's flat out untrue! From the beginning Republicans have been unwilling to work him at all. The top Republican in the Senate stated that his goal was to make sure Obama is not re-elected. Does that sound like someone willing to work with the president? Obama has proposed legislation that they supported in the past and they decide they're against it because he supported it. "Obamacare" is really just a repackaging of health care proposals that Republicans made in the first place. After he pushed it it became a "government take over of health care". Republicans had their talking points out before the legislation was even written. The public knows this.

:rofl:

Only way it could be funnier? "He saved a million jobs!" bwahahahaha!

[QUOTE=sackdance;4150078] He's staked his future on the jobs bill, which most Americans think is BS.

[/B][/I]

[/QUOTE]

Fixed the post. ;)

"Jobs" bill. Like a laser beam! LMAO

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4152510]Fixed the post. ;)

"Jobs" bill. Like a laser beam! LMAO[/QUOTE]
    Thanks but my post needed no fixing. That health care bill sealed Obama's fate.

There's actually not that much at stake with this jobs bill. The GOP won't give in and the left's heart isn't in it. It's just political posturing.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4152532]Thanks but my post needed no fixing. That health care bill sealed Obama's fate. [/QUOTE]

The pathetic thing about it is Obamacare will eventually be ruled unconstitutional once it reaches the Supreme Court.

His legacy will be a four year trail of destruction and failure.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4152552]The pathetic thing about it is Obamacare will eventually be ruled unconstitutional once it reaches the Supreme Court.

His legacy will be a four year trail of destruction and failure.[/QUOTE]

Probably true and hopefully true about Obamacare. Sadly although I am a conservative (liberterian) and Obama's fiscal plans and liberal leanings scared me I had hoped that he would actually get some things done such as ending wars rather than continuing and starting new ones and enable transparancy instead of creating the American iron curtain between government and the people. Sadly we got his bad traits and not his possible good ones. On to the next liar... I mean candidate.

[QUOTE=Tucker134;4150106]the problem with O & his adminstration is they're incompetent[/QUOTE]

The bigger problem is that they don't realize it.

Did you guys know that America built the intercontinental railroad? Yup. It runs through all 57 states. LMAO at this clown

[IMG]http://moonbattery.com/animated-obama.gif[/IMG]