Thread: First Listen: Wilco, "The Whole Love"

All Pro

First Listen: Wilco, "The Whole Love"

Gonna be a great album, going to see them on 2 consecutive nights next week:

[url]http://www.npr.org/2011/09/19/140476897/first-listen-wilco-the-whole-love[/url]

All League
    Awesome album. I'm seeing them in Central Park on Thursday. Can't wait.

[QUOTE=RageATL;4150110]Gonna be a great album, going to see them on 2 consecutive nights next week:

[url]http://www.npr.org/2011/09/19/140476897/first-listen-wilco-the-whole-love[/url][/QUOTE]

Preciate that. Good looking out!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southside;4150976]Preciate that. Good looking out![/QUOTE]

Right on. Wasn't sure how this'd go over 'round these here parts.

You going to the Cobb Energy shows next week?
    Last edited by RageATL; 09-20-2011 at 12:57 PM.

[QUOTE=RageATL;4151440]Right on. Wasn't sure how this'd go over 'round these here parts.

You going to the Cobb Energy shows next week?[/QUOTE]

Didn't know they were playing. I'm assuming they are sold out.... either way I'm pretty busy with work right now so more than likely not.

I am glad they are playing quality venues again though. They were battling Live Nation and weren't playing any of their venues which usually ended up with them playing some dump in Athens with crappy sound.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southside;4151459]Didn't know they were playing. I'm assuming they are sold out.... either way I'm pretty busy with work right now so more than likely not.

I am glad they are playing quality venues again though. They were battling Live Nation and weren't playing any of their venues which usually ended up with them playing some dump in Athens with crappy sound.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Cobb Energy on 9/28 & 9/29. Not sure if they're sold out yet, got my tickets pretty early through a pre-sale.

Last time I saw them was at The Fox and it was a great night - no opener, just Wilco playing a 3-hour set.

All Pro
    Just got through my first listen and wow, this is a fantastic album. It's gonna be a perfect road trip soundtrack for a fall drive when the leaves are changing.