Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 491

Thread: The Scotch/Whiskey/Bourbon thread (Expanded)

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dump, Staten Island
    Posts
    2,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Wow, that's as rare as hen's teeth!!! When's that from, the '80s?

    And can I come over to try some!?!?

    Had it once back in the early 90's with my Uncle. Unforgettable.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No need to start a new one. I dig this



    _
    Here is my new fav

    Fairly inexpensive and very smooth.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,929

    For Football Sunday


  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Here is my new fav

    Fairly inexpensive and very smooth.
    That is a good looking bottle.

    _

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,929

    Celebrating a Jets win with this


  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I love this one JW

  7. #27

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I love this one JW
    It's a new one for me, enjoying it as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Annnnnd another to add to the queue. Thanks Warfish.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Annnnnd another to add to the queue. Thanks Warfish.
    You're very welcome, it's my pleasure to share.

    A few notes, Aberlour is a Speyside Distiller, like Balvenie, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and Macallan, so it's not a huge leap from the more regular/common top-shelf labels.

    The Taste Profile of the A’bunadh (from their site):

    A’bunadh, Gaelic for ‘of the origin’, is matured exclusively in Oloroso ex-sherry butts. It is a natural cask-strength malt whisky produced without the use of modern-day chill filtering methods or the addition of water.

    Colour
    Deep, rich amber

    Nose
    Aromas of mixed spices, praline and spiced orange harmonising with rich, deep notes of Oloroso sherry

    Palate
    Orange, black cherries, dried fruit and ginger spiked with dark bitter chocolate and enriched with sherry and oak. Full bodied and creamy

    Finish
    Robust and intense with bitter-sweet notes of exotic spices, dark chocolate and oak
    Good sipping my friend.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    My buddy just bought some of this Pendleton Canadian Whiskey. Pretty good.


    _

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,929
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    My buddy just bought some of this Pendleton Canadian Whiskey. Pretty good.


    _
    Sounds pretty good.

    http://spiritsreview.com/reviews-whi...dleton-10.html

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,298
    Tomatin 21 year old single cask.... wow, is it good. I'm a Kentucky Bourbon guy, but while working at a Package Store in the mid 90's, I got to try alot of wonderful booze and gained a taste for some of them. Tomatin and Aberlour were my favorite scorches. Glenfiddich is pretty good cold.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Is Chivas lowbrow pansy stuff, or what? That's my favorite scotch, although I'm not as exposed to it as I'd like. Of course I know Johnny Walker and have had the entire rainbow of varieties, but I find myself always going back to Chivas.
    It's a decently respected blended Scotch.

    Blends are ok, I like a good J.W. Black myself from time to time.

    Nothing wrong with liking Chivas.

    Hell, in my earliest years, whne I was tranforming from a "drink as much vodka or gin as I can get my hands on, brah!" kiddy drinker, into the Scotch Drinker I became, I drank the world renowned brand.....Cutty Sark.

    I'm older and wiser now, of course.

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Is Chivas lowbrow pansy stuff, or what? That's my favorite scotch, although I'm not as exposed to it as I'd like. Of course I know Johnny Walker and have had the entire rainbow of varieties, but I find myself always going back to Chivas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It's a decently respected blended Scotch.

    Blends are ok, I like a good J.W. Black myself from time to time.

    Nothing wrong with liking Chivas.

    Hell, in my earliest years, whne I was tranforming from a "drink as much vodka or gin as I can get my hands on, brah!" kiddy drinker, into the Scotch Drinker I became, I drank the world renowned brand.....Cutty Sark.

    I'm older and wiser now, of course.
    Once the Scot speaks about whisky I'm not sure I should follow so first let me thank your ancesters for giving us the gift of Whisky, fish.

    Chivas is the only blend I enjoy. My first choice will always be malt but sometimes you want something different and for those times Chivas and Gentlemen Jack (the only bourbon worth drinking that I can find in Turkey) are very good.

    I have a fairly good collection of Scotch at home I very much enjoy trying new malts but my current favorites are:

    Glen Garioch 15 YO (10 YO is surprisingly good as well more mature and smoother then some 12 YOs)



    Old Pulteney 12 YO



    Glenmorangie - Original (Very good price/performance not as satisfying as the ones above but very good for the price.)

    Last edited by The Turk; 10-27-2011 at 03:50 AM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Once the Scot speaks about whisky I'm not sure I should follow so first let me thank your ancesters for giving us the gift of Whisky, fish.

    Chivas is the only blend I enjoy. My first choice will always be malt but sometimes you want something different and for those times Chivas and Gentlemen Jack (the only bourbon worth drinking that I can find in Turkey) are very good.

    I have a fairly good collection of Scotch at home I very much enjoy trying new malts but my current favorites are:

    Glen Garioch 15 YO (10 YO is surprisingly good as well more mature and smoother then some 12 YOs)


    I also tried 21 year old Glen Garioch (got it in World of Whiskeys in Heathrow ) -and it was superb, IMHO much better then even 15 YO.

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    I also tried 21 year old Glen Garioch (got it in World of Whiskeys in Heathrow ) -and it was superb, IMHO much better then even 15 YO.
    I haven't tried the 21 YO yet but I'll take your word for it. These guys know how to make a whisky.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,929


    Enjoying this instead of popping more percocets.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,339
    I've always preferred Irish whiskey, these being my usual



    or



    But I had some 18 year old Talisker over the weekend and I think I'm making the jump from Irish to scotch. This stuff is beyond fantastic.



    Edit: Bourbon is for fags.

  19. #39
    Will be drinking it in the old homeland this summer, I think. Should be good times.

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post

    But I had some 18 year old Talisker over the weekend and I think I'm making the jump from Irish to scotch. This stuff is beyond fantastic.

    Nice! Nothing wrong with a good Irish whiskey, but you are going down a nice road in discovering scotch, pal.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Edit: Bourbon is for fags and college kids.
    Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Will be drinking it in the old homeland this summer, I think. Should be good times.
    Beyond envious.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us