Thread: Bachmann says food industry overregulated

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

Bachmann says food industry overregulated

Is Michele Bachmann secretly working for the Democratic Party?

Because IMHO this deregulation example is a loser

[URL="http://www.northjersey.com/news/politics/Bachmann_says_food_industry_overregulated.html"]www.northjersey.com[/URL]

[QUOTE]

DES MOINES, Iowa As food safety officials undertake wider testing for potentially deadly E. coli in meat, Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann says that regulations are overburdening food producers

Bachmann visited a family-owned meat packing plant in Des Moines, Iowa, on Tuesday to argue that Americans want safety but also common sense. She warned against regulatory "overkill" and said that regulations can be so complex that they become expensive to the point of putting companies out of business.

Last week, the Agriculture Department announced it would expand testing of E. coli in meat to hasten recalls of tainted products and help officials identify more foodborne illnesses.

At the end of 2010, Congress passed a sweeping food safety bill sparked by recalls of tainted peanuts and other food products. Bachmann voted against that measure.

[/QUOTE]

:pepper: :banana: :broccoli:

:jets17

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4152199]:pepper: :banana: :broccoli:

:jets17[/QUOTE]

LOLz.

I'm pro-Ecoli myself.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4152979]LOLz.

I'm pro-Ecoli myself.[/QUOTE]

heard you love the banana also.... :erm:

Jets Insider VIP
    Without naming what specific regulations she is talking about this is a useless article. Did she say there is no reason to check for e-coli or other bacteria?

Another disclaimer: I am not a Bachman fan and I think her main benefit to the GOP is to keep the media away from Romney, Paul and Perry, but equating her comment about over regulation with calling for not checking for e-coli seems a bit of a reach.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=Trades;4153176]Without naming what specific regulations she is talking about this is a useless article. Did she say there is no reason to check for e-coli or other bacteria?

Another disclaimer: I am not a Bachman fan and I think her main benefit to the GOP is to keep the media away from Romney, Paul and Perry, but equating her comment about over regulation with calling for not checking for e-coli seems a bit of a reach.[/QUOTE]

None of the Republican candidates go into specifics they just say regulations are bad. It is assumed that they wnt less regulation on the banking and energy industries. But Bachmann just outed them and showed the average American voter that the Republican Party wants less inspection on our burgers, too.

For that reason IMHO it was a bad political move. My guess is most voters want the meat packing industry watched even more closely that it already is.
    Last edited by Buster; 09-21-2011 at 10:34 PM.

The largest meat producer in our country killed several people here last summer and I believe it was 12 the summer before. If Maple Leaf Foods can kill people with their bad meat ANYONE can.