Thread: West Memphis 3

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

West Memphis 3

Is anyone aware of this story?

I watched a documentary on HBO last night regarding a horrific crime committed nearly 20 years ago. It involved three eight year boys being abused, totured, and murdered in Arkansas and the ensuing trial of three teenage goth kids. What I didn't reaslize until the end of the show was that these were the three guys just let our of jail last month, mostly because of support from rock stars after DNA evidence could not place them at the scene.

I don't know if they are innocent or guilty, but have taken guilty pleas in order to leave prison under something called the alford law, but it is just such an awful story it left me shocked. Aside from the horrendous nature of the crimes, the education level, and lives that people are living in this country are amazing when you leave big cities. Anyway, there is another documentary coming out from the same producers (there have been two so far) it is quite shocking.

I remember watching that years ago. Just a heart wrenching story in so many ways.

A very sad and troubling state of affairs in that area.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=frostlich;4152852]I remember watching that years ago. Just a heart wrenching story in so many ways.

A very sad and troubling state of affairs in that area.[/QUOTE]
    yes, it was an older show called Paradise Lost.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4152785] Aside from the horrendous nature of the crimes, the education level, and lives that people are living in this country are amazing when you leave big cities. [/QUOTE]

Hey it's not just rural areas that this kind of stuff happens...who's dumping bodies out in LI....?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Peebag;4152908]Hey it's not just rural areas that this kind of stuff happens...who's dumping bodies out in LI....?[/QUOTE]
    I didn't mean the murders, you need to see the film to understand, trailer parks, no teeth, no drive...it sounds stereotypical but it was almost like it was a bad movie script.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4152936]I didn't mean the murders, you need to see the film to understand, trailer parks, no teeth, no drive...it sounds stereotypical but it was almost like it was a bad movie script.[/QUOTE]

oh since you put that way....:rolleyes: