Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Mitch Daniels Extended/Unedited interview on The Daily Show

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Daniels Extended/Unedited interview on The Daily Show

Part I

[url]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-21-2011/exclusive---mitch-daniels-extended-interview-pt--1[/url]

Part II

[url]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-21-2011/exclusive---mitch-daniels-extended-interview-pt--2[/url]

Part III

[url]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-21-2011/exclusive---mitch-daniels-extended-interview-pt--3[/url]

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not raising taxes while waging 2 wars was the right thing to do

:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Daniels 'plan' is to guarantee Social Security and Medicare for people over 50 so they will vote Republican.

[QUOTE]
    “Corporations are people but they are not Americans”
    ~ Jon Stewart

[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniels is a fantastic guy. He gets it. It is truly a shame that he is not one of the Republican candidates for President. As much as I like Romney, Daniels would have been a great choice as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4155364]Daniels is a fantastic guy. He gets it. It is truly a shame that he is not one of the Republican candidates for President. As much as I like Romney, Daniels would have been a great choice as well.[/QUOTE]

As much as I think this guy shares a HUGE portion of the blame for our current economy it might be a wise choice for Governor Perry to add him to the team in some capacity. Perry needs an adult.

IMHO Perry is coming across as a "country club republican" with his kill Social Security and "...I cost more than $5K..." remarks. As it stands now Perry won't be getting many votes in a general election from people who have made their retirement calculations with Social Security checks included.
    Last edited by Buster; 09-23-2011 at 12:48 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4155503]As much as I think this guy shares a HUGE portion of the blame for our current economy it might be a wise choice for Governor Perry to add him to the team in some capacity. Perry needs an adult.

IMHO Perry is coming across as a "country club republican" with his kill Social Security and "...I cost more than $5K..." remarks. As it stands now Perry won't be getting many votes in a general election[/QUOTE]

This is something we agree on. Perry was killed in the debate last night. He is Obama's hope for reelection.

Romney in the debate last night had a brilliant line that went unnoticed. When talking about repealing Obamacare he stated that he would keep the one important and good provision in the 20,000 pages of legislation. He said that they would keep the law that forced insurance companies to take on patients with pre-existing conditions as long as they have been continuously insured. In addition he would keep the laws preventing insurance companies from dropping people that get sick while insured. New York State already had these laws on the books prior to the legislation so it wont effect me but apparently some states did not.