Thread: A New Buffett Proposal

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

A New Buffett Proposal

Here's my idea:

The tax code remains the same; everyone pays the same taxes they've been paying (or not paying, for the bottom 47%).

Anyone making over $500k that writes a check to the IRS for 10% or more of their annual gross income gets the Warren Buffett Patriotism Award. Perhaps a nice gold medallion with some kind of ribbon...nothing tacky. Names published so the public knows who's giving what. Maybe a lunch with the President in a big hall somewhere.

Comments?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4155182]Anyone making over $500k that writes a check to the IRS for 10% or more of their annual gross income gets the Warren Buffett Patriotism Award. Perhaps a nice gold [B][I]plated[/I][/B] medallion with some kind of ribbon...nothing tacky. Names published so the public knows who's giving what. Maybe a lunch with the President in a big hall somewhere.

Comments?[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Buffet is a cheapskate :P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know, speaking of taxes...

[url]http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/25/obama-gaffe-president-says-billionaires-should-pay-the-jew-tax-rate/[/url]

[quote]
    By Jamie Weinstein
    [SIZE="4"][B]Obama gaffe: President says billionaires should pay ‘Jew’ tax rate[/B][/SIZE]
    09/25/2011

Speaking at the Congressional Black Caucus annual awards dinner in Washington Saturday night, President Obama made a verbal boo-boo.

While defending his call for the rich to pay more in taxes, the president said he didn’t mind people calling him a class warrior for merely asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew. Whoops!

The president meant to say “janitor” instead of “Jew,” and he immediately corrected himself. After all, he doesn’t need any more problems keeping Jewish voters enthusiastic about his re-election bid.

In fairness, though, you could interpret the president’s gaffe as a positive: Wasn’t he just suggesting that for some reason Jews were being unfairly targeted with higher taxes, and he wanted to make billionaires pay the same rate? Maybe, maybe not.

“When you start saying, at a time when the top one-tenth of one percent have seen their incomes go up four or five times over the last twenty years, and folks at the bottom have seen their incomes decline, and your response is that you want poor folks to pay more — give me a break.

“If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew — as a janitor — makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that as a badge of honor.”[/quote]

:jets17