Thread: Ralph Kramden...Environmental Activist

Hall Of Fame

Ralph Kramden...Environmental Activist

[QUOTE]But in between rounds of jousting, the hearing sometimes touched on some of the difficulties of defining and measuring green jobs. Keith Hall, the director of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which got money last year to start counting green jobs, testified that companies that produce both “green and nongreen outputs” had problems counting the green jobs.

Republican members of the committee and the Democratic witnesses, including Hilda L. Solis, the Secretary of Labor, tangled on whether, for example, a worker who was trained to drive a hybrid bus qualified as holding a green job.

“What makes driving a hybrid bus a green job and driving another bus that’s not a hybrid bus not a green job?” asked Connie Mack, Republican of Florida. “Driving a bus is driving a bus, right?”

Ms. Solis replied, “the vehicles that are built there are green buses, they are fuel efficient.”

Mr. Mack replied, “but this is the bus driver. If I’m sitting in a chair that was made out of green material, does that make my job green?”

[B]But further discussion clarified that the driver of the ordinary bus also had a “green job,” because all mass-transit workers fit the definition of a green job as they provided “services that benefit the environment.”[/B] [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://jethead.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/ralph-kramden-2.jpg?w=317&h=328[/IMG]

i have no problem with that definition.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4155638]i have no problem with that definition.[/QUOTE]

Imagine my shock. :rolleyes:

green jobs still make sense. for example weatherizing and yes even solar panels. the solyendra thing is unpleasant but it doesn't change the basic fact that solar is as cheap as any other type of energy right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It is frightening, but sadly not surprising, what our elected nitwits spend their time(and our money) arguing about.