Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Very Interesting Morgan Freeman Video

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

A Very Interesting Morgan Freeman Video

[url]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/09/23/piers-morgan-freeman-obama.cnn?hpt=hp_t2[/url]

His position, the GOP are racists, and tea party is the dark underbelly of America.

Enjoy!:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    More evidence that being a talented actor does not require even a modicum of intelligence

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The birther crap was racist though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd imagine that going forward anyone that advocates for spending cuts in this country will be called a racist. If one just listens to the folks in the congressional black caucus it is clear they feel that they are under attack. The Tea Party and their responsible fiscal agenda are the enemy. This is absolutely to be expected. The US has been an extremely generous country. Over the past 80 years no dollar has been spared in the war on poverty. It has for the most part been a complete and utter failure. The money has been wasted and the programs created foster dependency rather than upward mobility. the time has come for a new course and that scares the establshment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this might seem like a trite statement but a man like Morgan Freeman sees the world through a different set of glasses than a person born in 1971 (or 2011).

He will see angles that other people don't see and because of his experience that's ok.

We post in a political forum and say the people with racist signs don't speak for the movement of fiscal strictness blah blah blah. and maybe that's true. But Morgan Freeman lived in a different time and he's entitled to call it like he sees it. they are entertainers

We can collect evidence, but there is no objective scientific way to prove racist motivations and for that reason I think the "hate crime" part of our judicial system is especially tricky. Morgan Freeman can't prove racism either. But he's entitled to his opinion.

finally conservatives seem to care way too much what people in tv and movies think about politics. I don't think Sean Penn is a good guy to have running the country, why do you care what Morgan Freeman think?

JMO It has something to do with the Reagan/Arnold starf--ker part of the GOP. but i can't prove it ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4156639]The Tea Party and their responsible fiscal agenda are the enemy. This is absolutely to be expected. .[/QUOTE]

Lol, responsible? You're kidding right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actor saying something fairly irrelevant.....let's get up in arms

GOP audience boo a soldier in Iraq.....crickets...

gotta love it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;4156798]Actor saying something fairly irrelevant.....let's get up in arms

gotta love it[/QUOTE]

What 3 or 4 people means the entire audience?
    Well if the Tea Party is racist. Count Me in, maybe call me a Nazi to as one teacher in Texas called the Tea Pary. Bring it on when you have nothing to run on there is always the Race Card. We can call This Tea Party Phobia! :usaflag:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    :zzz:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;4156798]
    [/QUOTE]

As you know, I get most of my news-posts from either FOXNews.com or CNN.com.

I must have missed this story, do you have a link? Because if they did, they should be crushed unmercifully for it., regardless of what policy the Soldier might have been promoting.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4156888]As you know, I get most of my news-posts from either FOXNews.com or CNN.com.

I must have missed this story, do you have a link? Because if they did, they should be crushed unmercifully for it., regardless of what policy the Soldier might have been promoting.[/QUOTE]

During the GOP debate a gay soldier in Iraq asked Rick Santorum about don't ask-don't tell. A few, maybe a handful in the audience booed.

It certainly wasn't the entire audience but the left would have you believe that it was.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4156643]Lol, responsible? You're kidding right?[/QUOTE]

Here is what you dont get. We are going over a fiscal cliff from which there is no return. We have 50 trillion in unfunded liabilities over the next 30 years. Thats the math. No amount of tax hikes will help us. Ross Perot was talking about this stuff 20 years ago and we ignored it. Think about it. Everyone talked about the fiscal issue we were going to have when the baby boomers retired. I've heard it talked about for the past 25 years. Well guess what. We didnt do anything and now the boomers are retiring. The chickens have come home to roost.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4156900]During the GOP debate a gay soldier in Iraq asked Rick Santorum about don't ask-don't tell. A few, maybe a handful in the audience booed.

It certainly wasn't the entire audience but the left would have you believe that it was.....[/QUOTE]

You don't boo Soldiers. Period.

And the Right will lose every single time of these kinds of foolish "Social Issues". Fags exist, get over it and get workig on policies that matter.

Till you do, these questions will continue to come up, and make the right look stupid, and deflect from where they should be pushing, fiscal and defense policy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4156902]Here is what you dont get. We are going over a fiscal cliff from which there is no return. We have 50 trillion in unfunded liabilities over the next 30 years. Thats the math. No amount of tax hikes will help us. Ross Perot was talking about this stuff 20 years ago and we ignored it. Think about it. Everyone talked about the fiscal issue we were going to have when the baby boomers retired. I've heard it talked about for the past 25 years. Well guess what. We didnt do anything and now the boomers are retiring. The chickens have come home to roost.[/QUOTE]

Here's what the Tea Party doesn't get you can't fAck up the entire country to simply get what "they want". The Tea Party doesn't understand how to use their current power and they are a flash in the pan. If you want to rebuild a country you don't help destroy it first.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4156904]You don't boo Soldiers. Period.

And the Right will lose every single time of these kinds of foolish "Social Issues". Fags exist, get over it and get workig on policies that matter.

Till you do, these questions will continue to come up, and make the right look stupid, and deflect from where they should be pushing, fiscal and defense policy.[/QUOTE]

4 people in the croowd booed and the rest shouted them down. That attitude is not mainstream Republicanism. Same happened with ron Paul's let them die comment. A fringe comment from a fringe candidate that offers an opinion well outside of mainstream and even Tea Party republican ideas. A few people cheered then the crowd shouted them down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4156915]Here's what the Tea Party doesn't get you can't fAck up the entire country to simply get what "they want". The Tea Party doesn't understand how to use their current power and they are a flash in the pan. If you want to rebuild a country you don't help destroy it first.[/QUOTE]

The democrats are continuing to simply ignore the problem. The longer we wait to deal with it the harder the solution will be to stomach. Even now after all that has gone on they have no plan to balance the budget. They are pushing more spending for goodness sakes. The Senate Dems are now looking to shut down government over a couple of billion in auto industry subsidies that the GOP wants to cut to fund FEMA operations. It is crazy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4156916]4 people in the croowd booed and the rest shouted them down. That attitude is not mainstream Republicanism. Same happened with ron Paul's let them die comment. A fringe comment from a fringe candidate that offers an opinion well outside of mainstream and even Tea Party republican ideas. A few people cheered then the crowd shouted them down.[/QUOTE]

How did you come up with the number 4?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4156924]How did you come up with the number 4?[/QUOTE]

I watched the debate. You could hear 3-4 voiced boo then the rest shouted them down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4156639]I'd imagine that going forward anyone that advocates for spending cuts in this country will be called a racist. If one just listens to the folks in the congressional black caucus it is clear they feel that they are under attack. The Tea Party and their responsible fiscal agenda are the enemy. This is absolutely to be expected. The US has been an extremely generous country. Over the past 80 years no dollar has been spared in the war on poverty. It has for the most part been a complete and utter failure. The money has been wasted and the programs created foster dependency rather than upward mobility. the time has come for a new course and that scares the establshment.[/QUOTE]

I am reminded of a client who made a comment of Tom Cruise....

"Let that SOB donate all his money until all he has is 200K like me, and lets see how fukkin liberal he is".

Morgan probably lives in a 3 mil house etc..."Oh the poor".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4156925]I watched the debate. You could hear 3-4 voiced boo then the rest shouted them down.[/QUOTE]

They were most certainly NOT shouted down. Listen to the clip. I hear no shouting, just booing.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8pcJ6Hh4Y0[/url]

And here's a great idea. Maybe the dudes with the microphones should do the shouting down. But they didn't. Because it's a primary and a vast majority of their base are homophobes.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 09-25-2011 at 09:26 AM.