Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wildcat to Emerge in Week 3

Practice Squad

Wildcat to Emerge in Week 3

With Nick out, you think they'd want to keep things simple...

But I look for some Wildcat this weekend with Kerley and LT.

We'll run a good number of plays to keep Oakland off balance.

But also to showcase them to Balt and New England - except when we run them there, they'll be with a different twist. "Set up".

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... God i hope not ...

l_j_r

All League
    [QUOTE=CharlieDelray;4156362]With Nick out, you think they'd want to keep things simple...

But also to showcase them to Balt and New England - except when we run them there, they'll be with a different twist. "Set up".[/QUOTE]

Schotty doesn't know the meaning of "set up"

Take the Cromartie reverse for example. Yes, he ran the play giving the ball to the RB against the Cowboys the week before, but you have to run that play a couple of times before actually giving Cro the reverse. You need defenses to get into their head, the Jets have run this play 7 times and NEVER give the ball to Cro so I am going to cheat this time and run straight towards the RB, Cro is just a decoy.

THAT is when you give the ball to Cro! Running the play 1 time does not set up the reverse :mad:

All League
    i'm against this. unless, of course, it works. then i'm all for it.

I hope Moore punches Schitty in the face

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;4156462]I hope Moore punches Schitty in the face[/QUOTE]

THIS!!

But seriously, for the love of God no Wildcat!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    can't wait??

Veteran
    Kerley hasn't been an impact yet, hopefully if they go to him from the wildcat aka "The Kerley Shuffle" it results in some positive plays as there was some success when B.Smith ran it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jet-sec125;4156764]Kerley hasn't been an impact yet[/QUOTE]

... we should let kerley make an impact by catching a punt rather than watching it bounce around ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=CharlieDelray;4156362]With Nick out, you think they'd want to keep things simple...

But also to showcase them to Balt and New England - except when we run them there, they'll be with a different twist. "Set up".[/QUOTE]

Great. Let's ruin Sanchez's flow again by using the wildcat. The wildcat is useless.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=JetFreak89;4156446]Schotty doesn't know the meaning of "set up"

Take the Cromartie reverse for example. Yes, he ran the play giving the ball to the RB against the Cowboys the week before, but you have to run that play a couple of times before actually giving Cro the reverse. You need defenses to get into their head, the Jets have run this play 7 times and NEVER give the ball to Cro so I am going to cheat this time and run straight towards the RB, Cro is just a decoy.

THAT is when you give the ball to Cro! Running the play 1 time does not set up the reverse :mad:[/QUOTE]

Well that's Sanchez and the rest of the offense's fault because they aren't executing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4156792]Great. Let's ruin Sanchez's flow again by using the wildcat. The wildcat is useless.[/QUOTE]

+1
    Lets just let the offense try and get in and stay in a rythm,
    Don't you think if the wildcat was affective there would be more teams using IT!:confused:

Well not for nothing but the Offense hasn't looked so spectacular this season and is struggling to move the ball at times. I'm all for anything that will put points on the boards.
    Last edited by hatnlvr; 09-25-2011 at 02:13 AM.

[QUOTE=CharlieDelray;4156362]

Well, one way for a "set up" would be to run it against Oakland, make Baltimore and NE waste time preparing for it - and then don't run it again.

And with Mangold out, to be honest, it might make more sense than usual. Get an extra blocker in there (assuming Sanchez goes out), and snap the ball to someone who's ready to run for his life...

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=CharlieDelray;4156362]But I look for some Wildcat this weekend with Kerley and LT.
    [/QUOTE]

Sure enough, I called it. They ran a wildcat with Kerley... JUST as I predicted.

With a couple more blocks, it could have been an easy touchdown!

I's a genious!

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4156792]Great. Let's ruin Sanchez's flow again by using the wildcat. The wildcat is useless.[/QUOTE]

this.

no need for wildcat this year

Jets Insider VIP
    It worked real well in Oakland. I think it went for 1/2 a yard. Brilliant.

brad smith was key in the wildcat.

All Pro
    Can Schott let Kerely develop into a slot receiver and concentrate on that before the wildcat crap? I want to see Kerely become a weapon in the passing game and understand how to run good routes in the NFL.Not focus on gimmicks.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... keep the wildcat in it's cage where it can sit in its own $h*t ...

l_j_r