Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Pink Floyd...

JetsInsider.com Legend

Speaking of Pink Floyd...

They are re-releasing some special issue versions (sets) of their biggest albums, along with a whole pile of rarities and prevfiously unreleased live recordings.

Check out [url]http://www.youtube.com/OfficialPinkFloyd[/url] for an every-hour broadcast of Dark Side.... live from Wembly Stadium in 1974.

Check out [url]http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/archive/get-immersed-in-pink-floyds-back-catalogue-with-outtakes-rarities-and.html[/url] for details on all the cool stuff (expensive I'm sure) that come with these remaster sets.

:yes::yes::yes:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=_2XPVxx2X5Q[/url]
    Last edited by Warfish; 09-24-2011 at 12:26 PM.

AWESOME!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    that could possibly be the best band I've ever heard of.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4156443]They are re-releasing some special issue versions (sets) of their biggest albums, along with a whole pile of rarities and prevfiously unreleased live recordings.

Check out [url]http://www.youtube.com/OfficialPinkFloyd[/url] for an every-hour broadcast of Dark Side.... live from Wembly Stadium in 1974.

Check out [url]http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/archive/get-immersed-in-pink-floyds-back-catalogue-with-outtakes-rarities-and.html[/url] for details on all the cool stuff (expensive I'm sure) that come with these remaster sets.

:yes::yes::yes:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=_2XPVxx2X5Q[/url][/QUOTE]

Does Pink Floyd make any music that is more than 3 chords?;)

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4156547]Does Pink Floyd make any music that is more than 3 chords?;)[/QUOTE]

David Gilmour is one of the best guitarists of all time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4156547]Does Pink Floyd make any music that is more than 3 chords?;)[/QUOTE]

First song off the first album, Astonomy Dominae, has 7 chords. :P

Pink Floyd is, apart from a few sentimental old Scottish tunes that make me think of my dad, the only music that can bring me to tears of emotional reaction. Not even embarassed to say that tbh.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4156582]First song off the first album, Astonomy Dominae, has 7 chords. :P

Pink Floyd is, apart from a few sentimental old Scottish tunes that make me think of my dad, the only music that can bring me to tears of emotional reaction. Not even embarassed to say that tbh.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely nothing embarrassing about that, I second it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4156550]David Gilmour is one of the best guitarists of all time.[/QUOTE]

After 3 hits of acid...maybe.;)

There are probably 3 guitarists under the age of 20 at Julliard better than Gilmore but taste is to each his own.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4156582]First song off the first album, Astonomy Dominae, has 7 chords. :P

Pink Floyd is, apart from a few sentimental old Scottish tunes that make me think of my dad, the only music that can bring me to tears of emotional reaction. Not even embarassed to say that tbh.[/QUOTE]

I was a music major in college and I remember a professor in a tongue in cheek manor always commenting..."This isn't garbage, this isn't Pink Floyd".

He was kidding, but he wasn't.

For the record, I think Animals is a masterpiece.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4156602]After 3 hits of acid...maybe.;)

There are probably 3 guitarists under the age of 20 at Julliard better than Gilmore but taste is to each his own.[/QUOTE]

And all three would kill for Gilmour's fame and money. Gilmour is envied by his peers and adored by his fans because of his talent. His guitar speaks when played and I agree with you about Animals, although I would defend all of their albums. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4156607]And all three would kill for Gilmour's fame and money. Gilmour is envied by his peers and adored by his fans because of his talent. His guitar speaks when played and I agree with you about Animals, although I would defend all of their albums. :D[/QUOTE]

The fame quote is irrelevant. You commented that he was GREAT. Your opinion and backed by millions.

I seriously wonder if he can read music.

Many rock stars can't. Example is the Beatles, GREAT musicians. Can't read music.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4156609]The fame quote is irrelevant. You commented that he was GREAT. Your opinion and backed by millions.

I seriously wonder if he can read music.

Many rock stars can't. Example is the Beatles, GREAT musicians. Can't read music.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if he can or can't read music. Dave Grohl comes to mind to for not being able to read music. It's amazes me.

Hall Of Fame

Wow. lol....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4156611]I'm not sure if he can or can't read music. Dave Grohl comes to mind to for not being able to read music. It's amazes me.[/QUOTE]

quick google search.....

During an interview at the recent Royal Albert Hall show

David Gilmour said he could not read music...

Jimmy Fallons doing a Floyd tribute all next week with bands covering their songs. Roger Waters performing with Foo fighters, the shins, mgmt and more. Check it out:

[url]http://www.billboard.com/news/jimmy-fallon-to-honor-pink-floyd-with-week-1005366582.story#/news/jimmy-fallon-to-honor-pink-floyd-with-week-1005366582.story[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4156611]I'm not sure if he can or can't read music. Dave Grohl comes to mind to for not being able to read music. It's amazes me.[/QUOTE]

Found this TITLE in the childrens section.

[IMG]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww119/southparkcpa/default1.png[/IMG]

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4156626]Found this TITLE in the childrens section.

[IMG]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww119/southparkcpa/default1.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Lol and I would buy it!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4156616]quick google search.....

During an interview at the recent Royal Albert Hall show

David Gilmour said he could not read music...[/QUOTE]

Reading music doesn't make you a musician.

It makes you gay.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4156602]There are probably 3 guitarists under the age of 20 at Julliard better than Gilmore.....[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4156603]I was a music major in college and I remember a professor in a tongue in cheek manor always commenting..."This isn't garbage, this isn't Pink Floyd".

He was kidding, but he wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I have no doubt that there are more than 3 at Julliard with more technical talent than Gilmour, who himself admits his lack of techical proficientcy. In fact, his inabillity to "play fast" was a direct cause to the development of his signature operatic style.

And I'm sure there are alos professors at Harvard who would tell you Stephen King is a worthless hack who will be forgotten in a few years while some unknown professorial writer of "serious fiction" will live on for eternity.

In truth, where such a view fails is that art isn't always a technical exam, something to be masters via repetition.

Art requires soul. Tha billity to use your art to touch another human being's core.

I doubt any julliard student today, and certainly not the professor himself, could that 1/10000th to the level Gilmour can.

That, and Professor types almost universally revile "today" in their worship of "300 years ago". It's hard to hold that against them, it's almost part of who they are and how they are trained, to worhsip at the alter of the ancient, and demean the brilliance (especially popular brilliance) of now.

After all, if a few million people like it, it can't be good enough for an elite professor, can it?;)

Music major and now a CPA? Holy nerdom! :D