Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Speaking of Pink Floyd...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4164072]Agreed. Nice to see one of the few groups out there that still know how to rock![/QUOTE]

Great thing about the Foos is that they keep rocking harder as the years go by, with no signs of diverting from the hard rock course or turning down the amps. Those guys are LOUD.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4164078]Great thing about the Foos is that they keep rocking harder as the years go by, with no signs of diverting from the hard rock course or turning down the amps. Those guys are LOUD.[/QUOTE]

Grohl was on Howard a week or two ago and he was such a fantastic interview. I REALLY like the Foo fighters but not in a big way but I will now go buy an album or so.

He was humble but informative....I did NOT know who he was as I turned it on mid stream and all you could tell is it was a rock star. When Howard said "David, what was Nirvana like etc.." I was pretty shocked.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4164392]Grohl was on Howard a week or two ago and he was such a fantastic interview. I REALLY like the Foo fighters but not in a big way but I will now go buy an album or so.

He was humble but informative....I did NOT know who he was as I turned it on mid stream and all you could tell is it was a rock star. When Howard said "David, what was Nirvana like etc.." I was pretty shocked.[/QUOTE]

Grohl seems like a great human being, plus he's really funny. Check out the Foo Fighters documentary, [I]Back & Forth[/I], most of which is on YouTube. You will come away really liking Grohl and the band.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISFxLz5cPsI[/url]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4163649]Perhaps the most under rated player in the last 30 years, solid but for some reason not mentioned amongst the greats.

His work on tunes like La Villa is mind boggling.[/QUOTE]

Glad we can agree on that. Really wish I could have seen them all live in the 70's and 80's, but I'll just have to live with who they are now, Rush to me is one of the most overall talented bands, yet, they are one of the most underrated in recent history which is unbelievable!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched my DVR with Waters and Foos. Whoa!!! I bet the people in the audience were given ear plugs. The sound just exploded from my TV. I now want them to tour as Waters backing band for the Wall!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... long live the floyd! :rockon: ...

... great band ever :iwon: ...

l_j_r

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/pink-floyd-30-years-of-the-band-in-17-minutes-20110929#ooid=xyY2J1Mjql9rvSm8J21jpPVFYYGvF9vP[/url]

[url]http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/surviving-members-of-pink-floyd-revisit-dark-side-band-tensions-20110928[/url]

[IMG]http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/story/surviving-members-of-pink-floyd-revisit-dark-side-band-tensions-20110928/1000x306/main.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfansocal;4165615]Glad we can agree on that. Really wish I could have seen them all live in the 70's and 80's, but I'll just have to live with who they are now, Rush to me is one of the most overall talented bands, yet, they are one of the most underrated in recent history which is unbelievable![/QUOTE]

I saw RUSH in 1978 when I was in high school at the Palladium in NYC. To this day, the best show I have ever seen.

Have seen them 10 times or so.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4166144]I saw RUSH in 1978 when I was in high school at the Palladium in NYC. To this day, the best show I have ever seen.

Have seen them 10 times or so.[/QUOTE]

Saw Foo Fighters play the Garden, Grohl just stopped and stated how it was the first time they played there He's genuine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4163818]I absolutely love this. Thanks, Rage.

What a great rock vibe the Foos bring to this rendition. You can see Waters enjoying himself and feeding off their energy.[/QUOTE]

Very welcome, Borgo!

Yep, the Foos bring it every since time. I've never been disappointed by them when I've seen them live.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4163939]The Foo's, and Dave Grohl, are the truest essense of love for rock and roll, past, present and future. hey just love being rock stars, playing with and honoring rock stars, and having fun.

Shame his songs kinda suck tbh. But you can't help but love Dave anyway.[/QUOTE]

Damn sure are and Dave's got a lot to do with that...dude LOVES his job, loves music, understands that his influences are important and has a keen eye on the future.

WHA-WHAT?! :eek: Even the worst Foo song is better than 95% of the rock tunes out there, but then again, I'm biased. ;)

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4164410]Grohl seems like a great human being, plus he's really funny. Check out the Foo Fighters documentary, [I]Back & Forth[/I], most of which is on YouTube. You will come away really liking Grohl and the band.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISFxLz5cPsI[/url][/QUOTE]

This is a quintessential documentary if you love the Foos...great stuff indeed. Most of it is common knowledge if you're a fan, but it was still great to hear the stories again.
    Last edited by RageATL; 10-03-2011 at 07:34 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back to Pink Floyd, here's a review of the "Dark Side..." boxed set:

[url]http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pink-Floyd-The-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon-Blu-ray/23971/#Review[/url]