Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Maybin watch.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4166733]Jordy...

So when are you buying an Aaron Maybin jersey????[/QUOTE]

All I can say is, if Maybin actually gets a sack in a regular season game for the Jets, I'd have to ask the board owners for a huge favor, and see if they can get me the mailing address for Sonny Werblin.....

.....So I could mail him a Maybin Jersey. :D

Oooh! I wonder if I should get Aaron to autograph it first before I mail it to Sonny? :bwahaha::rofl:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Resurrect a #51 Vilma jersey if he wears that # as he did in preseason.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets' Aaron Maybin expects to be active vs. Baltimore
    Published: Friday, September 30, 2011, 1:37 PM Updated: Friday, September 30, 2011, 1:56 PM
    By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

William Perlman/The Star-Ledger
    Aaron Maybin said the plan was for him to be ready to play in this week's game.
    Aaron Maybin, signed by the Jets on Wednesday, said he expects to be active for this week's game against Baltimore, "barring any unforeseen circumstances."
    "Nothing has been said definitively, but I've been practicing, I've been in the rotation," Maybin said. "The plan was for me to come in and be ready to go for this game on Sunday."
    Maybin, a former first-round pick, spent the final weeks of training camp with the Jets after being cut by the Bills. He survived the first cut-down to 53 players but was let go when the team claimed players off waivers at the end of the preseason. The Jets kept in touch with the pass-rushing outside linebacker and told him they may bring him back if a spot opened up, which happened when back-up center Rob Turner (broken fibula) went on injured reserve this week.
    Maybin said he has been practicing this week on defense and also on several special-teams units. These sessions are closed to the media except for the first 30 minutes. He is still catching up on the playbook but has focused on knowing what is in the game plan for Baltimore. He is anticipating a role based on what he has done on the practice field.
    "Coming in for situations, not just pass-rush situations but specifically rush situations and situations where a guy of my attributes is needed to get on the edge and force some things from a pressure standpoint," said Maybin, who is from Baltimore. "And also on special teams, helping wherever they need me to come in and play."
    The Jets already have a designated pass rusher, Jamaal Westerman, though coach Rex Ryan was lukewarm on Westerman's performance when asked this week. Ryan said "he hasn't been great, but he has done a decent job."
    Ryan also said signing Maybin wasn't a reflection on Westerman. The third-year player out of Rutgers said he doesn't think his playing time will be affected, since the Jets use so many personnel packages.
    "It is part of the business of the game," Westerman said of Maybin's signing. "All I can do is control myself and control what I do out there. When I get my opportunities to go out there, whenever it is, how few, how many, just go out there and be consistent and keep doing more and trying to play better and keep improving. Thatís the only thing I can control."

:band2:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He may not get a sack but I do believe he will be disruptive. We shall see.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;4166981]He may not get a sack but I do believe he will be disruptive. We shall see.[/QUOTE]

There is NO question in my mind that he will be an upgrade over what we have now. Sacks or no sacks he will be better.

I feel very good that Maybin will be a regular contributor to this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like any other player, once they establish themselves as a Jet and I know they'll be with the team for a few years. Time will tell. (Even though I know you're being sarcastic). ;)

[QUOTE=Oldtime Jets fan;4166772]All I can say is, if Maybin actually gets a sack in a regular season game for the Jets, I'd have to ask the board owners for a huge favor, and see if they can get me the mailing address for Sonny Werblin.....

.....So I could mail him a Maybin Jersey. :D

Oooh! I wonder if I should get Aaron to autograph it first before I mail it to Sonny? :bwahaha::rofl:[/QUOTE]

Have him sign it..."To Sonny...Love Always...The Tin Man."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chillywilly;4166902]Jets' Aaron Maybin expects to be active vs. Baltimore
    Published: Friday, September 30, 2011, 1:37 PM Updated: Friday, September 30, 2011, 1:56 PM
    By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

William Perlman/The Star-Ledger
    Aaron Maybin said the plan was for him to be ready to play in this week's game.
    Aaron Maybin, signed by the Jets on Wednesday, said he expects to be active for this week's game against Baltimore, "barring any unforeseen circumstances."
    "Nothing has been said definitively, but I've been practicing, I've been in the rotation," Maybin said. "The plan was for me to come in and be ready to go for this game on Sunday."
    Maybin, a former first-round pick, spent the final weeks of training camp with the Jets after being cut by the Bills. He survived the first cut-down to 53 players but was let go when the team claimed players off waivers at the end of the preseason. The Jets kept in touch with the pass-rushing outside linebacker and told him they may bring him back if a spot opened up, which happened when back-up center Rob Turner (broken fibula) went on injured reserve this week.
    [B]Maybin said he has been practicing this week on defense and also on several special-teams units[/B]. These sessions are closed to the media except for the first 30 minutes. He is still catching up on the playbook but has focused on knowing what is in the game plan for Baltimore. He is anticipating a role based on what he has done on the practice field.
    "Coming in for situations, not just pass-rush situations but specifically rush situations and situations where a guy of my attributes is needed to get on the edge and force some things from a pressure standpoint," said Maybin, who is from Baltimore. "And also on special teams, helping wherever they need me to come in and play."
    The Jets already have a designated pass rusher, Jamaal Westerman, though coach Rex Ryan was lukewarm on Westerman's performance when asked this week. Ryan said "he hasn't been great, but he has done a decent job."
    Ryan also said signing Maybin wasn't a reflection on Westerman. The third-year player out of Rutgers said he doesn't think his playing time will be affected, since the Jets use so many personnel packages.
    "It is part of the business of the game," Westerman said of Maybin's signing. "All I can do is control myself and control what I do out there. When I get my opportunities to go out there, whenever it is, how few, how many, just go out there and be consistent and keep doing more and trying to play better and keep improving. Thatís the only thing I can control."

:band2:[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, can't imagine they'd re-sign him and then not have him active for the game unless he was horrible in practice.

And the highlighted sentence above should quiet some of the critics who said that Maybin can't or won't play ST.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im more than willing to give the guy a chance and see what he's got. He's an improvement at a point of weakness- LB speed. If he can get to the QB like he did in the pre-season he can make this defense better and after the first couple weeks (sans the Jags game) it's looked like the D could use a spark.