View Poll Results: Who Should BE The Starting QB Of The Jacksonville Sharks

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Leak

    0 0%
  • Omar Jacobs

    0 0%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 223

Thread: Jacksonville Sharks Free Agency Thread

  1. #21
    SHARKS SECURE TWO WIDEOUTS FOR TITLE DEFENSE

    10/12/2011 5:37 PM




    JACKSONVILLE – The ArenaBowl XXIV Champion Jacksonville Sharks announced a pair of transactions Wednesday, adding both youth and experience to the club’s receiving corps. Wide receivers Maurice Avery and Sean Mackey will join the club for the 2012 season.

    The 27-year-old Avery (6’2”, 220) is no stranger to indoor football, spending each of the last four seasons playing at the professional level. He spent 2007 with the Odessa Roughnecks of the Lone Star Football League, where he caught 63 passes for 879 yards and 14 touchdowns. Avery then caught a career-high 22 touchdown passes with the American Indoor Football Association’s Mississippi Mudcats in 2008.

    Avery has spent each of the next two seasons in the Indoor Football League, playing for the River City Rage in 2009 and the Omaha Beef in 2010. With the Rage, Avery reached a new personal best with 913 receiving yards and also threw 10 touchdown passes. In Omaha, the wideout caught a career-high 83 passes and also ran for six scores.

    A native of Atlanta, GA, Avery played collegiately at Memphis, where he holds the school record for most receptions in a game (13), accomplishing the feat against UAB in 2003.

    Mackey, 23, joins the Sharks after finishing his college career at Union College (KY). In 2009, Mackey (5’10”, 188) caught 21 passes for 199 yards in his first year at the school. As a senior in 2010, Mackey broke out as one of the Bulldogs’ top offensive threats, leading the team in receptions (41) and receiving touchdowns (11) while ranking second in both yards (605) and yards per game (55.0).

    Mackey is no stranger to the state of Florida, playing his high school football at North Marion in Reddick.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,167

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    rude and uncalled for

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,167
    Quote Originally Posted by josereyessteal View Post
    rude and uncalled for

  5. #25
    you are very rude jets things
    Last edited by josereyessteal; 10-15-2011 at 03:28 PM.

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,167
    Quote Originally Posted by josereyessteal View Post
    you are very rude jets things
    STFU nerd


  7. #27
    lol, when I watched that .gif smilie I thought I saw a little brown prior to the ATM...

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,823
    nothing really matters

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,823
    GALLILEO GALLILEO

  10. #30
    CAROLL TO JOIN SHARKS' D-LINE FOR 2012
    10/17/2011 4:48 PM
    JACKSONVILLE – The ArenaBowl XXIV Champion Jacksonville Sharks continued to add youth to their defense Monday, as the team announced that they have been assigned defensive lineman Andre Caroll for the 2012 season.

    A three-year-starter at Delaware State, Caroll (6’2”, 300) led the Hornets with 56 tackles as a junior in 2009. That season, he also led the team with 7.0 tackles for loss and ranked third with 2.5 sacks. As a senior, Caroll stepped his game up even further. Again leading the team in tackles (96) and tackles for loss (13.5), he finished second on the team with four sacks and also forced two fumbles, notched a pair of fumble recoveries and recorded an interception.

    After finishing his collegiate career, the 22-year-old Caroll spent time with the Canadian Football League’s Winnipeg Blue Bombers prior to the start of the CFL season. He then signed with the Cleveland Browns during NFL training camp but did not appear in a game for either team. Caroll is a native of Neptune, NJ.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,167
    Your focus should be on vagina instead of being a 20-something manchild. Get your life together, dweeb.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Your focus should be on vagina instead of being a 20-something manchild. Get your life together, dweeb.
    soothsayer said no personal attacks

    HOLMES RETURNS TO BOOST SHARKS' SECONDARY

    10/18/2011 4:50 PM




    JACKSONVILLE – The ArenaBowl XXIV Champion Jacksonville Sharks announced Tuesday the return of a key contributor to the team’s 2011 championship. Defensive back JaVonte Holmes has been assigned to the team’s 2012 roster for what will be his second season with the team.

    As an Arena Football League rookie, the 26-year-old Holmes (5’11”, 185) appeared in six games during the 2011 regular season, making 17 total tackles (12 solo). Holmes played perhaps his best game of the year against the Dallas Vigilantes on July 9 at Sea Best Field. In that contest, he notched five solo tackles, assisted on three more and returned an interception 28 yards for a touchdown.

    Prior to joining the Sharks, Holmes concluded his collegiate career at San Diego State. In two years with the Aztecs, he made 63 total tackles, secured five interceptions and recorded nine pass breakups. He tied for the team lead with four interceptions as a junior in 2007 and became the first Aztec since 1995 to intercept a pass in four consecutive games. He then tied for the team lead with six pass breakups in 2008.

    Before attending San Diego State, Holmes played at the College of the Canyons in Valencia, CA from 2004-05. His team went undefeated in the regular season during his tenure at the school. Holmes is a native of Palmdale, CA.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,167
    Quote Originally Posted by josereyessteal View Post
    soothsayer said no personal attacks

    HOLMES RETURNS TO BOOST SHARKS' SECONDARY

    10/18/2011 4:50 PM




    JACKSONVILLE – The ArenaBowl XXIV Champion Jacksonville Sharks announced Tuesday the return of a key contributor to the team’s 2011 championship. Defensive back JaVonte Holmes has been assigned to the team’s 2012 roster for what will be his second season with the team.

    As an Arena Football League rookie, the 26-year-old Holmes (5’11”, 185) appeared in six games during the 2011 regular season, making 17 total tackles (12 solo). Holmes played perhaps his best game of the year against the Dallas Vigilantes on July 9 at Sea Best Field. In that contest, he notched five solo tackles, assisted on three more and returned an interception 28 yards for a touchdown.

    Prior to joining the Sharks, Holmes concluded his collegiate career at San Diego State. In two years with the Aztecs, he made 63 total tackles, secured five interceptions and recorded nine pass breakups. He tied for the team lead with four interceptions as a junior in 2007 and became the first Aztec since 1995 to intercept a pass in four consecutive games. He then tied for the team lead with six pass breakups in 2008.

    Before attending San Diego State, Holmes played at the College of the Canyons in Valencia, CA from 2004-05. His team went undefeated in the regular season during his tenure at the school. Holmes is a native of Palmdale, CA.
    Only a child would consider being called a "dweeb" a personal attack.


  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Only a child would consider being called a "dweeb" a personal attack.



    everything you say to me is a personal attack

    why don't you add something positive to the thread

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,167
    Quote Originally Posted by josereyessteal View Post
    everything you say to me is a personal attack

    why don't you add something positive to the thread
    Because there's nothing positive about this thread.


  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Because there's nothing positive about this thread.

    once again rude

    then why are you here?

  17. #37
    Great thread

    Jets things stop being rude to josereyessteal

  18. #38
    As bad as it is that jetsrule is keeping up with this thread, it's even more shameful that there is someone constantly "being rude" to him...

    Jets Things, do you not have anything more or better to do with your time? It's like a study on an unneccessary abusive relationship in here...

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,593
    Isn't starting a thread and you're the only one posting in it against the TOS? If not, it should be.

    This thread is useless, with or without pics.

    Lock. Dump.

  20. #40
    i don't really care about jets things

    obviously he has issues from his past he needs to work on

    but can you guys stay on topic and talk about the players please?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us