Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saw Terra Nova last night...

[QUOTE=quantum;4164370]Carnosaurs were real; not sure about the pack dinos that attacked the kids.
    85 million yrs ago is the Cretaceous period, so T-Rexs and Velociraptors were around. Also early mammals. Next week is about a Pterosaur infestation (like pteradactyls).

just thought of something: take 22nd technology back 85 million yrs, and by current times, its evolved to ...what? Flying cars?[/QUOTE]

T Rex was late cretaceous, though. They most likely won't be in this show.

All League
    Kind of ironic how we're sticklers for accuracy if a dinosaur species existed in a specific prehistoric time period. The fact that humans are running around with dinosaurs via a magic porthole in time is irrelevant...:D

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4164842]Kind of ironic how we're sticklers for accuracy if a dinosaur species existed in a specific prehistoric time period. The fact that humans are running around with dinosaurs via a magic porthole in time is irrelevant...:D[/QUOTE]

Gary Larson once wrote of a critique from a fan about him drawing bananas growing from the stem down instead of up as they actually do (not verbatim):' never mind that there are talking apes...the bananas are not drawn properly..but in all honesty...that really bugs me'.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4164842]Kind of ironic how we're sticklers for accuracy if a dinosaur species existed in a specific prehistoric time period. The fact that humans are running around with dinosaurs via a magic porthole in time is irrelevant...:D[/QUOTE]

no, I have temporal problems with the premise also.

OrangeJet - the show takes place in the Late Cretaceous:

[URL="http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/mesozoic/cretaceous/lc.shtml"]http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/mesozoic/cretaceous/lc.shtml[/URL]

[QUOTE=quantum;4165154]no, I have temporal problems with the premise also.

OrangeJet - the show takes place in the Late Cretaceous:

[URL="http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/mesozoic/cretaceous/lc.shtml"]http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/mesozoic/cretaceous/lc.shtml[/URL][/QUOTE]

My bad :)

Jets Insider VIP
    lol - anyone notice Obama's picture on the money in the bag when the dad broke out of prison? Obamabucks. :P

I tried with the pix of the chicks. But this has now become one of the nerdiest threads, on any site, on record. maybe we could get a guest speaker from The Museum of Natural History to add a blog to the thread?

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4165226]I tried with the pix of the chicks. But this has now become one of the nerdiest threads, on any site, on record. maybe we could get a guest speaker from The Museum of Natural History to add a blog to the thread?[/QUOTE]

You've never been to a rush message board...have you? :)

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;4165269]You've never been to a rush message board...have you? :)[/QUOTE]

LOL. Love the band, but, thank god, no.

All League
    [QUOTE=quantum;4165215]lol - anyone notice Obama's picture on the money in the bag when the dad broke out of prison? Obamabucks. :P[/QUOTE]

ah yes, that is when I threw up.

All Pro
    What law of physics is broken by going to an alternate timeline?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;4165876]What law of physics is broken by going to an alternate timeline?[/QUOTE]

since they got the probe they sent back, they theorize in the show that its an alternate reality/universe, not an alternate timeline. sending all these people and equipment to an alternate universe would be adding mass to that universe, which is supposed to be a no-no.