Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Can't Tackle!" (Hey Bart, Jets Ranked #31 Against The Run. Good Job.)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

"Can't Tackle!" (Hey Bart, Jets Ranked #31 Against The Run. Good Job.)

If you're in the right position, hit low, and grab with both hands you might bring someone down.

Tell your friends.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    On that end around, he overran the play so bad... If he holds his spot, then they tackle for a loss

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrap up, taught on the youth level.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bart Scott and Jim Leonard came here as strengths of the defense, now they are weaknesses.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4163701]Bart Scott and Jim Leonard came here as strengths of the defense, now they are weaknesses.[/QUOTE]

We should have signed Ray Lewis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4163702]We should have signed Ray Lewis.[/QUOTE]

Maybin == Ray Lewis 2

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;4163715]Maybin == Ray Lewis 2[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you're kidding, pretty please

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Leonard's whiff on McFadden's breakaway run was embarrassing but it happens regularly to people trying to tackle McFadden in the open field.
    In a different sport - growing up in a rugby-playing country we were taught to tackle low, wrapping up with both hands. Once you got the technique down it always worked. However I'd imagine tackling someone like McFadden makes it a lot harder than it looks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sexyrexysfeet;4163717]Please tell me you're kidding, pretty please[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm FAIL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of tackling...very impressed by the job Kyle Wilson has been doing tackling...technique is very sound...you can tell he has worked hard during the offseason

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're 3 weeks into the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4163694]If you're in the right position, hit low, and grab with both hands you might bring someone down.

Tell your friends.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

This is part of the problem. Also, how about the fact that nobody is stripping the ball? I don't understand how we don't create turnovers with the defense we have. We could have stripped the ball any number of times last week when the first guy had the RB wrapped up and held him up at the line of scrimmage. We actually did a pretty good job against the run and stopped their RBs at the line a lot. Most of the rushing yards came on that one long McFadden TD where three of our guys were being held.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4163728]We're 3 weeks into the season.[/QUOTE]

Respectfully, 3 games into a 16 week season is 20% of the season.

In baseball, I think you'd say that judging a team after its first 32 games is a pretty good indicator of where they're headed. Surely we can turn things around, but as it stands today it's bad enough we have all these offensive issues; to have these types of defensive issues is shocking. Were Sean Ellis and Jason Taylor that good?

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Jim Leonard's whiff on McFadden's breakaway run was embarrassing[/QUOTE]

Leonard is horrible. He needs to be replaced this offseason.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4163774]Respectfully, 3 games into a 16 week season is 20% of the season.

In baseball, I think you'd say that judging a team after its first 32 games is a pretty good indicator of where they're headed. Surely we can turn things around, but as it stands today it's bad enough we have all these offensive issues; to have these types of defensive issues is shocking. Were Sean Ellis and Jason Taylor that good?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I think Sean Ellis was an anchor for the defensive line. I always felt getting rid of him was an ego issue on Rex's part - Ellis didn't kiss Rex's ass so he was let go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4163779]Leonard is horrible. He needs to be replaced this offseason.[/QUOTE]

I just don't see Rex realizing this. He's convinced that JL is qb of the D and will play no matter what.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leonard was brought here because he knew the system and it was new to our defense. He served his purpose and now safety needs to be upgraded. Smith also can go. But Rex loyalty again effects his judgement. You want to be elite well scheme can't be relied on solely. You also need talent at key positions. Revis is our only true talent on the field on defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally people are realizing that Lenarod is finished.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scott definitely had a bad game against the Raiders but I thought he played well in the first two games.
    Jets D lacks perimiter speed and opponents can exploit that weakness. All teams are vulnerable somewhere.
    I am disappointed with the play of Leonard and Smith. Feast or famine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4163804]Finally people are realizing that Lenarod is finished.[/QUOTE]

He is a smart player but he needs to be teamed up with a ball hawk back there.