Thread: Basic Disconnect

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Basic Disconnect

I was watching they Ed show the other night :eek: and as he shilled for the prez he was trying to show how mainstream he was and show a clip where the POTUS was talking about how he grew up in a hard working family and "went to Harvard on a scholarship" like that happens to everyone.

He is so clueless that he doesn't even realize (or admit) that he got a free ride on someone elses dime. He used that to gain a string of patronage jobs on his way to the White House, completely devoid of any practical experience in anything.

The educational community is the best when it comes to reditributing capital as they see fit, taking federal funds and alumni donations and doling them out as they see fit, while tuition is $40k for the kids real working class families. A perfect poster-child for the Democrat party.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It amazes me that democrats/liberals of all people still support Obama. Next year it's going to be totally embarrassing when elected democrats refuse to be seen with Obama during his re-election campaign.

Romney-Cain 2012

:usaflag:

:jets17

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What has Barry ever [I]done[/I]?

Other than publish books about himself? OK, I'll give him credit, it's tough to write an autobiography when you haven't actually done anything. The guy has never actually broke out in a sweat, unless, perhaps he briefly did writing his whiny Valley Girl autobiography.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;4163924]I was watching they Ed show the other night :eek: and as he shilled for the prez he was trying to show how mainstream he was and show a clip where the POTUS was talking about how he grew up in a hard working family and "went to Harvard on a scholarship" like that happens to everyone.

He is so clueless that he doesn't even realize (or admit) that he got a free ride on someone elses dime. He used that to gain a string of patronage jobs on his way to the White House, completely devoid of any practical experience in anything.

The educational community is the best when it comes to reditributing capital as they see fit, taking federal funds and alumni donations and doling them out as they see fit, while tuition is $40k for the kids real working class families. A perfect poster-child for the Democrat party.[/QUOTE]

60 percent of the students don't pay full tuition at Harvard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4164900]60 percent of the students don't pay full tuition at Harvard.[/QUOTE]

Link? What does that statistic mean without clarification? So someone gets a $100 break one way or another and they could be a part of that 60% statistic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    harvard is a private university they can spend their money any way they want. if they want to grant full scholarships to potted plants that's not really anyone's business.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4164900]60 percent of the students don't pay full tuition at Harvard.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that meaningless factoid

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;4165285]Thank you for that meaningless factoid[/QUOTE]

60 percent of the students at Harvard don't pay full price, yet you want to pretend the middle class hard working kid gets screwed? Who do you thinks gets financial aid and or grants?

[url]http://www.harvard.edu/harvard-glance[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4165387]60 percent of the students at Harvard don't pay full price, yet you want to pretend the middle class hard working kid gets screwed? Who do you thinks gets financial aid and or grants?

[url]http://www.harvard.edu/harvard-glance[/url][/QUOTE]

I know plenty of working class kids who get a free ride to Harvard level Universities. :D Most take out loans and use retirement money to send their kids to school.

The point is, why does it cost $40k to start with? So the Academic world can dole out taxpayer and alumni money to those they deem 'worthy'.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;4165390]I know plenty of working class kids who get a free ride to Harvard level Universities.

The point is, why does it cost $40k to start with?[/QUOTE]

You want to socialize college education in the USA?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4165399]You want to socialize college education in the USA?[/QUOTE]

No. De-fund it unless the University can prove their tuition is cost-based.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;4165407]No. De-fund it unless the University can prove their tuition is cost-based.[/QUOTE]

Harvard is private institution, how would you do it?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4165413]Harvard is private institution, how would you do it?[/QUOTE]

Nice attempt at a thread hijack.

Not about Harvard. It's about Obama claiming to be a regular guy and using "I went to Harvard on a scholarship" as proof.