Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Just New Music...what cha got?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    That you, eh?

If I say you suck will you give me the ban I seek?

No, probably not.

I dig it WCO, groovy, chillrific, Sabbathy. I could smoke a bowl to this, sip a scotch, and relax.

In all seriousness, quite glad you shared, it's vastly better than my own one-shot Youtube guitar lolfail.

Play more, Youtube More, Share More.

And wtf Hampsters, no one give WCO some Props? Wth, back up our Brofist ffs.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-08-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

BUMP ^

Please sample my first "home brew".

look at me beg!

Nice! Bridge of Thighs.

-

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    That you, eh?

If I say you suck will you give me the ban I seek?

No, probably not.

I dig it WCO, groovy, chillrific, Sabbathy. I could smoke a bowl to this, sip a scotch, and relax.

In all seriousness, quite glad you shared, it's vastly better than my own one-shot Youtube guitar lolfail.

Play more, Youtube More, Share More.

And wtf Hampsters, no one give WCO some Props? Wth, back up our Brofist ffs.
    Wow, Fish that is really great of you to express that (I can ban you any time )

That was about the 50th or 259th video I've shot with iPhone...that's the listenable part of 14 minutes of E minor going to Cmajor7.

I am so glad you shared; thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Nice! Bridge of Thighs.

-

Thanks for watching me pull my hamstring.

Wow, Fish that is really great of you to express that (I can ban you any time )

That was about the 50th or 259th video I've shot with iPhone...that's the listenable part of 14 minutes of E minor going to Cmajor7.
    I liked the tone you achieved, good for the kind of "Black Mountain" sound I've been grooving on of late.

Whats the amp/pedal-if-any you used, if I might inquire?

Bad a player as I am, one of my failings is getting a good tone from my equipment before I even start. All those knobs.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    I enjoyed this

As new music is anathema in my world , I rarely pop (no pun) into this thread. I just saw your video offering in Warfish's response.

Thanks for posting, WCO. Nice work. My only quibble is the drum track. Why so plodding? Even Bill Ward could swing a bit.

I look forward to you posting a Zeppelin medley.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I liked the tone you achieved, good for the kind of "Black Mountain" sound I've been grooving on of late.

Whats the amp/pedal-if-any you used, if I might inquire?

Bad a player as I am, one of my failings is getting a good tone from my equipment before I even start. All those knobs.
    It's a digitech multi called GNX4 (includes that 16 bit drum machine - horrendous sound,sorry bout that)

There's a guy that tweaks "patches" & makes these available for a fee; that's a Steve Vai patch I used to get away from the obvious rotary-vibe Robin Trower uses (there is a Trower patch in the init as well). There's a great stereo spread and the delay really sustains long notes across the drum beat; and its drenched with acceptable distortion (Mmmmm)

I use these patches because the gain stages are well adjusted.

Gain staging is adjusting the gain of each part or stage of the signal chain;a live rig will have 30 percent more gain at each stage than a recording rig

Guitar - pedal - pedal - amp

The weekend warrior signal chain

It's a digitech multi called GNX4 (includes that 16 bit drum machine - horrendous sound,sorry bout that)

There's a guy that tweaks "patches" & makes these available for a fee; that's a Steve Vai patch I used to get away from the obvious rotary-vibe Robin Trower uses (there is a Trower patch in the init as well). There's a great stereo spread and the delay really sustains long notes across the drum beat; and its drenched with acceptable distortion (Mmmmm)

I use these patches because the gain stages are well adjusted.

Gain staging is adjusting the gain of each part or stage of the signal chain;a live rig will have 30 percent more gain at each stage than a recording rig

Guitar - pedal - pedal - amp

The weekend warrior signal chain
    very nice job...

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    As new music is anathema in my world , I rarely pop (no pun) into this thread. I just saw your video offering in Warfish's response.

Thanks for posting, WCO. Nice work. My only quibble is the drum track. Why so plodding? Even Bill Ward could swing a bit.

I look forward to you posting a Zeppelin medley.
    not true...i know of some tunes you have loved here...

not true...i know of some tunes you have loved here...
    Of course, 2foolish. Please not my usage of "smiley".

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Of course, 2foolish. Please not my usage of "smiley".
    alright then...as you were...

alright then...

Bewildered Beast
    tall order...but I'm just the guy to find someone else to do it.

Thanks for sharing Borgo. It sounds plodding because I'm not keeping your attention for the full ride. You gave me the feed back I wanted; I fall in love with these things; my perspective gets confubuskated.

tall order...but I'm just the guy to find someone else to do it.

Thanks for sharing Borgo. It sounds plodding because I'm not keeping your attention for the full ride. You gave me the feed back I wanted; I fall in love with these things; my perspective gets confubuskated.
    No. Not what I'm saying at all. You were great.

Literally, I was commenting on the "plodding" beat of the drum machine. To my ear, it needed to be a few ticks faster.

Bewildered Beast
    what 48 is too slow?

Honestly, meathead..your music sounds like two drunks beating a garbage can