Thread: The Raider loss was a good thing

Practice Squad

The Raider loss was a good thing

Rex will fix everything just like the last 2 years and this time make it all better with a trip to Indy.

Anyone agree?

...agree...it will do two things....the team will get their 'irish' up and get mad or find out maybe they aren't as good as they think...regardless, its early and they had some humble pie and thats always a good thing...

don't think i'd go so far as to call it a good thing but no team is going 16-0 this season and the jets will get hung with a few losses. the good thing is that it was by a team that won't be competing for the playoffs and is out of their division. the ravens and patsies, while not must wins (yet) would be harder to absorb because of the future playoff implications.

All Pro
    It's only a good thing if they learn from it, but I think they will.

Since Rex's has come here we have handled adversity well, we haven't had an implosion over the course of a season, we may drop a bad game here or there but we can bounce back.

After beating Pitt in Heinz field after we never won there, AND dropping 2 straight there is NO reason to believe we can't win in Bal and NE.

Looking forward to the game this weekend....

The Ravens

It will only be a good thing if we turn it into a win against the Ravens this weekend. With our schedule being so brutal this year, you cannot over state the importance of this week's game against Baltimore and implications it may have down the line.

Agreed!! We werent going undefeated. Period. The single most dificult task to accomplish in the NFL is to go undefeated. Therefore I would rather take the loss now and focus on our weaknesses so they have much less of a chance to pop up later. We lost worse games than this past Raider game however they are hard to recall because of the success afterwards. Example 2009 $ 2010 playoffs.

Jets Insider VIP
    No loss is a good thing. I did not expect to finish 16 and 0 though. I do hope REX fixes what we did wrong in that horrid loss. first of all Sanchez has got to STOP throwing rookie-ish INTS. The run defense has got to be able to play like a JET.

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;4164916]don't think i'd go so far as to call it a good thing but no team is going 16-0 this season and the jets will get hung with a few losses. [B] the good thing is that it was by a team that won't be competing for the playoffs [/B]and is out of their division. the ravens and patsies, while not must wins (yet) would be harder to absorb because of the future playoff implications.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, I think you'll probably be rethinking that come January. They may get in, they may not, but they will certainly be competing for a spot. As you saw last Sunday, the Raiders are no longer a joke. They will absolutely be in the thick of things come the latter weeks of the season.
    Last edited by unchartedm0nkey; 09-28-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Raider loss was bad, we should have won that game but instead we got rolled over by McFadden and while Campbell had time in the pocket-- our own QB got beatup. I don't know if the Jets had a wrong expectation of the Raiders and weren't prepared or maybe were over-confidente? People are talking that the Raiders will do good this year, that they have a good team...maybe the Jets didn't get the memo. We can't take any game(s) for granted. Why couldn't we start 3-0? Why couldn't we win when the Pats lost? Why do we always have to put ourselves in a position to come back instead of starting on top and staying on top? Enough ranting :O

Maybe it winds up being a positive, maybe not. Certainly if we destroy Baltimore and NE the next two weeks it will look that way. But if we don't ...

The only thing certain is that we've played three games and won two of them.

Our record says we're 2-1, so that's what we are. For better or worse.

The Oakland game counts as one. Not more than one or less than one, despite what so many posters here seem to think.

All League
    When you have 2 straight years of success, these losses start to hurt, badly. But it's just one loss. Let's get back in the saddle and continue our winning ways...it's the only way to continue being successful. This team has a wide array of issues, but we know, that when we are hitting on all cylinders, we are one of the toughest teams to beat in the league.

Can't wait for sunday!

[QUOTE=SouthTown;4166066]When you have 2 straight years of success, these losses start to hurt, badly. But it's just one loss. Let's get back in the saddle and continue our winning ways...it's the only way to continue being successful. This team has a wide array of issues, but we know, that when we are hitting on all cylinders, we are one of the toughest teams to beat in the league.

Can't wait for sunday![/QUOTE]

i found this past week's loss easier to take because of recent success. Not going to panic over losing first road game of year on west coast.

that was an embarassing loss for this club any way you slice it...I sense Oakland will win the West and come here in January..so revenge is coming.

That said,

I agree with the op (whoever you were!). Jets are in trouble on the Oline right now unless Cally steps up his mental awareness the jets could easily goto 2-3.

I think they will respond and win this one. Like the Bills vs. the Patriots, the Jets are due to win this game vs. Baltimore.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4166126]that was an embarassing loss for this club any way you slice it...I sense Oakland will win the West and come here in January..so revenge is coming.

That said,

I agree with the op (whoever you were!). Jets are in trouble on the Oline right now unless Cally steps up his mental awareness the jets could easily goto 2-3.

I think they will respond and win this one. Like the Bills vs. the Patriots, the Jets are due to win this game vs. Baltimore.[/QUOTE]

While I do think we will respond in Baltimore, I only started this thread because SAR said no one would read or respond to anything possitive from the Oakland game. :D Good thing he wont read this because I kind of like the guy.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4164732]Please show me the rule that says only happy and positive comments are allowed on the board.

Read the title of the thread. I belong posting in here on this subject. What are [I]you[/I] doing here?

Go create a thread called "After Oakland I'm Totally Psyched About The Season!". Promise, I won't post there. No one else will either.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4166126]that was an embarassing loss for this club any way you slice it...I sense Oakland will win the West and come here in January..so revenge is coming.

That said,

I think they will respond and win this one. Like the Bills vs. the Patriots, the Jets are due to win this game vs. Baltimore.[/QUOTE]

so Oakland is a division winner in your mind but any way you slice it, it's an embarrassing loss? Maybe if it was the NFC West. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Santonio;4166181]so Oakland is a division winner in your mind but any way you slice it, it's an embarrassing loss? Maybe if it was the NFC West. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Jets shouldn't have lost that game, especially being up 17-7. As the game progressed, it had all the textbook signs of a revolting road loss.