Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punching bag

Punching bag

Schotty or should i say Schittenheimer has been a human punching bag and for reason!

- He's overrated and living off his father.
    - Yes, the jets have done some nice things at times, but he's way too predictable and vanilla
    - Has done a poor job w/Plax and Mason this season
    - running game sucks
    - OL sucks...yes there been injuries but Sanchez has been getting mauled
    - PPl actually interviewed him for HC....let them have him! too bad Buffalo didn't get him...guess they knew something!

Questions is who replaces him at end of season? _________________________________
    Last edited by Shark99; 09-29-2011 at 02:53 PM.

The Jets have the 9th highest scoring offense in the league with their all-pro center out for half the season and a RT playing worse than a rookie. The o-line playing like ass is not Schotty's fault.

You Schotty haters are ridiculous.

Who the hell is overrating Schotty? All you ever hear about is how much he sucks.

Pennington for QB coach then OC!

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4165636]The Jets have the 9th highest scoring offense in the league with their all-pro center out for half the season and a RT playing worse than a rookie. The o-line playing like ass is not Schotty's fault.

You Schotty haters are ridiculous.

Who the hell is overrating Schotty? All you ever hear about is how much he sucks.[/QUOTE]

He's in charge of the Offense so yes the OL is his responsibility. That's like saying oh the Linebackers stinks and Rex takes no blaim!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4165631]Schotty or should i say Schittenheimer has been a human punching bag and for reason!

- He's overrated and living off his father.
    - Yes, the jets have done some nice things at times, but he's way too predictable and vanilla
    - Has done a poor job w/Plax this season
    - running game sucks
    - OL sucks...yes there been injuries but Sanchez has been getting mauled.

Questions is who replaces him? _________________________________[/QUOTE]

I'm all for ridiculous post's and everything, but this is just retarded.

[QUOTE=Shark99;4165643]He's in charge of the Offense so yes the OL is his responsibility. That's like saying oh the Linebackers stinks and Rex takes no blaim![/QUOTE]

So what about, you know, the o-line coach? What about, you know, the actual players?

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4165649]So what about, you know, the o-line coach? What about, you know, the actual players?[/QUOTE]

Agreed OL Callahan does get some blaim but Schitty runs the show and its up to him 2 make adjustments which he's done a poor job of!

[QUOTE=The Ego Trip;4165645]I'm all for ridiculous post's and everything, but this is just retarded.[/QUOTE]

What's ridiculous is your comment w/no substance and you essentially defending Sch*tty!

[QUOTE=Shark99;4165661]What's ridiculous is your comment w/no substance and you essentially defending Sch*tty![/QUOTE]

Don't take this as a defense of Schotty. This thread is retarded.

All Pro
    I know where this thread is headed.

[IMG]http://www.polygoneplastics.com/images/Truck-Dumping.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Shark99;4165657]Agreed OL Callahan does get some blaim but Schitty runs the show and its up to him 2 make adjustments which he's done a poor job of![/QUOTE]

Such a poor job that only 8 NFL teams have scored more than the Jets with the schitty o-line play.

All Pro
    It takes a special talent to spell "blame" as "blaim." It's not even phonetic. :eek:

Undrafted Free Agent
    As much as I dislike Schotty I can’t blame him for the embarrassment suffered from the Oakland destruction.
    I disagree with his play-calling (lack of screens and draws) and I am convinced that the son of Marty-ball is destined for mediocrity.
    But wait, …………the oline is crappy, no credible stud RB, depletion in the familiar WR ranks and ……………oh yeah……….. the skinny-legged Run DMC ran for 171 million f’n yards.!!!!!!
    Anyway………… get rid of him ASAP and we will worry about the other stuff later.
    Wait!!! Wait !!!NO!!!!…….keep his sorry arse around to make him the scapegoat if the visits to New England and Baltimore prove “inhospitable”.

One loss in a 16 game season is meaningless - the unwillingness to adapt is of greater importance

[QUOTE=GangGreenAFFLICTION;4165884]As much as I dislike Schotty I can’t blame him for the embarrassment suffered from the Oakland destruction.
    I disagree with his play-calling (lack of screens and draws) and I am convinced that the son of Marty-ball is destined for mediocrity.
    But wait, …………the oline is crappy, no credible stud RB, depletion in the familiar WR ranks and ……………oh yeah……….. the skinny-legged Run DMC ran for 171 million f’n yards.!!!!!!
    Wait!!! Wait !!!NO!!!!…….keep his sorry arse around to make him the scapegoat if the visits to New England and Baltimore prove “inhospitable”.

One loss in a 16 game season is meaningless - the unwillingness to adapt is of greater importance[/QUOTE]
    Yep guys we got to be reasonable here. Admittedly he's got to make better adjustments in the games but blaming him for everything is too much

[QUOTE=GangGreenAFFLICTION;4165884]As much as I dislike Schotty I can’t blame him for the embarrassment suffered from the Oakland destruction.

One loss in a 16 game season is meaningless - the unwillingness to adapt is of greater importance[/QUOTE]

24 points vs. a pathetic Raiders secondary and 1 that has been thrashed by runners is hardly impressive. We have above avg. WR. I agree that his play calling is questionable. If we don't make a serious run this year he needs to get the ax...won't happen mid season. He gets way too much credit...we've had talent since he's been here. We have talent on offense and he has done less than expected...our offense has underacheived. We have a lot more potential are stifled by him!

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4166001]Yep guys we got to be reasonable here. Admittedly he's got to make better adjustments in the games but blaming him for everything is too much[/QUOTE]

I don't blame him for everything. The defense has been subpar. It look great vs. Jags and got a beating vs. Raiders. McFadden is one of the best backs in the league but they put up 3o+points on us!

Jets WR Santonio Holmes hopes offense can adjust quicker against Ravens' 'D'
    Published: Thursday, September 29, 2011, 4:13 PM Updated: Thursday, September 29, 2011, 5:07 PM
    By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger
    Follow

After the Raiders game last Sunday, Santonio Holmes said the Jets needed to to a better job of adjusting to changes they see from defenses.
    Seeming to implicate offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, Holmes said that he felt the offense continued to run a stale gameplan even after Oakland's defense had clearly shifted.

This week against the Ravens, Holmes said he's unsure if things will get better.

"We'll see come Sunday if the Ravens switch up their gameplan from doing something different to what they feel can work against us," Holmes said. "And we'll know come Sunday if the adjustments have been made for us to react to what they're doing."

Part of that, Holmes thinks, may be working to get him the ball more. Last week against Oakland he had one catch for 19 yards.

"It's going to be in the gameplan. Hopefully Sanchez and (Schottenheimer) realize, putting the ball in my hands, I can make a big difference," Holmes said. "And I'm pretty sure the defense is going to be more afraid if I do touch the ball more than two times and they're going to be satisfied if I don't at all.
    "It's a profession, it's a profession. Watching the film and seeing the things that weren't done right during the gameplan last week, we'll find a way to get them corrected this week."

This came from another poster...obvious Santonio Holmes agrees Sch*ttenheimer could do a better job!

Schitty is bad. He does not play to the other teams weakness instead he plays into their strength and does not adjust well at all.
    I don't blame him for solely loosing the game in Oakland instead he just played a major part of it.

[QUOTE=rammagen;4166072]Schitty is bad. He does not play to the other teams weakness instead he plays into their strength and does not adjust well at all.
    I don't blame him for solely loosing the game in Oakland instead he just played a major part of it.[/QUOTE]

Well said!

it goes without saying that i have a healthy dislike for schitty. however, the argument kind of loses something when it comes from a player. my point is that if the offense is truly being called right then holmes may not be the best option to throw to. if this is the case then holmes contribution is being a decoy and helping to block on whatever play is being executed. for him to think he needs to catch the ball to help the team is wrong. he does need to get more than one catch in a game.

[QUOTE=Shark99;4166012]Jets WR Santonio Holmes hopes offense can adjust quicker against Ravens' 'D'
    Published: Thursday, September 29, 2011, 4:13 PM Updated: Thursday, September 29, 2011, 5:07 PM
    By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger
    Follow

After the Raiders game last Sunday, Santonio Holmes said the Jets needed to to a better job of adjusting to changes they see from defenses.
    Seeming to implicate offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, Holmes said that he felt the offense continued to run a stale gameplan even after Oakland's defense had clearly shifted.

This week against the Ravens, Holmes said he's unsure if things will get better.

"We'll see come Sunday if the Ravens switch up their gameplan from doing something different to what they feel can work against us," Holmes said. "And we'll know come Sunday if the adjustments have been made for us to react to what they're doing."

Part of that, Holmes thinks, may be working to get him the ball more. Last week against Oakland he had one catch for 19 yards.

"It's going to be in the gameplan. Hopefully Sanchez and (Schottenheimer) realize, putting the ball in my hands, I can make a big difference," Holmes said. "And I'm pretty sure the defense is going to be more afraid if I do touch the ball more than two times and they're going to be satisfied if I don't at all.
    "It's a profession, it's a profession. Watching the film and seeing the things that weren't done right during the gameplan last week, we'll find a way to get them corrected this week."

This came from another poster...obvious Santonio Holmes agrees Sch*ttenheimer could do a better job![/QUOTE]