Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First-year HOF candidates

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4165951]if tiki gets in before joe klecko or curtis martin im gonna end up bustin' a vein!!!!
    :steamin:[/QUOTE]

No way Tiki gets in I would vote for Martin over Tiki..:yes:

All League
    thats what im sayin savage... i really dont recall tiki being all world like any giants fan would want you to believe... c mart was better and was respected/admired in the locker room as well :yes:

Parcells and Shields have to be locks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4165959]thats what im sayin savage... i really dont recall tiki being all world like any giants fan would want you to believe... c mart was better and was respected/admired in the locker room as well :yes:[/QUOTE]

Martin wasn't all world either Tiki was better for a 5 year stetch then Martin ever was in both yardage and ypc but he wasn't really used till his last 5 years.. Tiki was a more exciting player to watch and had over 234 yds rushing in his last regular season game in 06 on 23 carries.. That's over 10 ypc...:eek:

[QUOTE=Savage69;4165974]Martin wasn't all world either Tiki was better for a 5 year stetch then Martin ever was in both yardage and ypc but he wasn't really used till his last 5 years.. Tiki was a more exciting player to watch and had over 234 yds rushing in his last regular season game in 06 on 23 carries.. That's over 10 ypc...:eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Tiki's a fag

Coweher, Parcells, Vander-J all in

the rest? don't make me laugh

All League
    If some of you guys don't think Shields will be in the HOF either this year or down the road, your'e crazy or know nothing. He is considered a top 5 G of all time. Him and Willie Roaf both deserve it.

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4165855]Not sure how Cowher deserves it and Parcells doesn't.

He won 2 SB and went to another, had a much higher winning percentage then BC, turned around a bunch of franchises including ours.

Not saying Cowher doesn't, but love him or hate him, BP absolutley does deserve to be in the HOF, notwithstanding what he did to the Jets at the end.

_[/QUOTE]

Parcells is an overhyped windbag.

[QUOTE=estang74;4165913]Parcells took a bad Giants team and won two super bowls, he took the Pats, who were awful to the super bowl in less than 3 years, he took the Jets, who were awful to the AFC championship game and he also turned around the Cowboys. To do that with 4 different teams says a lot about his coaching. Cowher didn't do that. Cowher is a great coach but not better than Parcells. Only reason Cowher has higher winning percentage is because Parcells took over crap teams turned them around.[/QUOTE]
    Very good point. On the list only Parcells is a shoo in, Shields leads the rest of the pack

All Pro
    Don Coryell(cant believe he's still not in), and Bill Parcells deserve to make it.

Key even being mentioned is a Joke. If he wasn't on ESPN, he wouldn't even be on the list.

If they put Martyball in ahead of Coryell It'll be a travesty.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4165889]Parcells will make it as soon as this year.

Cowher will make it eventually.

BTW..Cowher (.623) had a much greater winning pct than Parcells (.570)[/QUOTE]

I was told there would be no math on this test :O

_

Rookie
    Looks good for Martin :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetMex;4166099]Looks good for Martin :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

Or Bettis because next year they have some really good players eligible..:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Santonio;4165965]Parcells and Shields have to be locks.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It is clear that Parcells is effectively done with coaching, so there should be little in the way of him getting in now. Shields was an excellent player.

Schottenheimer will get in eventually, same as Parcells that it's clear he is retired. Cowher, not so much. As long as his name is being bandied about for spots, he will be kept out. At least for the next few years until it becomes apparent that he has no desire to return to the game.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4166077]Parcells is an overhyped windbag.[/QUOTE]

That may be true, but he was still a HOF coach. 3 trips to the SB, 2 SB wins.

Turned around the Giants, the Pats, Jets and the Boys, turning them all into playoff teams. That may be unprecedented.

I get the hate some fans have for the guy, but he was the biggest coach in the sport for a time.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4166108]That may be true, but he was still a HOF coach. 3 trips to the SB, 2 SB wins.

Turned around the Giants, the Pats, Jets and the Boys, turning them all into playoff teams. That may be unprecedented.

I get the hate some fans have for the guy, but he was the biggest coach in the sport for a time.

_[/QUOTE]

The Hate comes from him not staying after BB left his napkin resignation.. But the Tuna said he would coach for 3 years and did..

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4166114]The Hate comes from him not staying after BB left his napkin resignation.. But the Tuna said he would coach for 3 years and did..[/QUOTE]

I said I GET the hate :D

Whether it's warranted is a matter of opinion.

My only qualm was him not securing Peyton.

DON'T START!!

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4166117]I said I GET the hate :D

Whether it's warranted is a matter of opinion.

My only qualm was him not securing Peyton.

DON'T START!!

_[/QUOTE]

And I believe we didn't get Manning because of the 3 year commitment.. He didn't want to deal with a rookie qb..

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4166120]And I believe we didn't get Manning because of the 3 year commitment.. He didn't want to deal with a rookie qb..[/QUOTE]

We will agree to disagree but I am RIGHT! :D

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4166143]We will agree to disagree but I am RIGHT! :D

_[/QUOTE]

Yep you and Sonny Werblin always are..:yes: