Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this bother anyone?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Does this bother anyone?

...particuarly those supporters of BO?
    read the article in the link, I'll post the headline.

[URL]http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/crony-capitalism-737-million-green-jobs-loan-given-nancy-pelosis-brother-law_594593.html[/URL]

[B]Crony Capitalism: $737 Million Green Jobs Loan Given to Nancy Pelosi's Brother-In-Law[/B]

Jets Insider VIP
    Pelosi's brother-in-law works for Bolyndra.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

lol

Dems?

:tumblewee

$737 million is peanuts. I'm a big picture kinda guy.

Gotta run, time to toss Obama's salad some more.

nope doesn't bother me. We should be investing in these technologies. People who know people get things done that's the way the world works. It will work that way 1000 years after Obama is gone.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4165755]nope doesn't bother me. We should be investing in these technologies. People who know people get things done that's the way the world works. It will work that way 1000 years after Obama is gone.[/QUOTE]

So if I look at your posting history right now...

How much Cheney/Haliburton sh!t will I find?

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    How do you propose stopping this ethically challenged behavior?

Almost every ex-congressman and ever ex-Senator works for a lobbyist.

Almost every ex-General ends up working for an arms manufacturer, often an arms manufacturer he/she endorsed to congress during procurement of that companyís goods.

And donít kid yourself similar stuff occurred with Cabinet members in the Bush Administration.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

lol

As a previous loan to a solar power company endorsed by BO becomes big news, and possibly a scandal, let's lend another billion to our pals just under the wire.

seems legit

lmao

[QUOTE=jetswin;4165681]...particuarly those supporters of BO?
    read the article in the link, I'll post the headline.

[URL]http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/crony-capitalism-737-million-green-jobs-loan-given-nancy-pelosis-brother-law_594593.html[/URL]

[B]Crony Capitalism: $737 Million Green Jobs Loan Given to Nancy Pelosi's Brother-In-Law[/B][/QUOTE]

No.

$737 Million is small. It means nothing. If it's under 500 Billion, it's not important to Government.

This message is brought to you by, Bitonti.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4165768]lol

As a previous loan to a solar power company endorsed by BO becomes big news, and possibly a scandal, let's lend another billion to our pals just under the wire.

seems legit

lmao[/QUOTE]

Aaaaand Halliburton kept getting military contracts after it was fined for over charging the US government and after it was fined for selling oil drilling equipment to Saddam Husseinís Iraq and to Muammar Gaddafi's Libya.

What is your point?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buster;4165794]Aaaaand Halliburton kept getting military contracts after it was fined for over charging the US government and after it was fined for selling oil drilling equipment to Saddam Husseinís Iraq and to Muammar Gaddafi's Libya.

What is your point?[/QUOTE]
    so you're saying this doesn't bother you, and Halliburton's favored status during wartime didn't bother you as well I guess.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4165834]so you're saying this doesn't bother you, and Halliburton's favored status during wartime didn't bother you as well I guess.[/QUOTE]

of course it does.

What is currently going on appears to be unethical and what Halliburton did in the case of Iraq was illegal. Neither of these things are good and or make me proud to be an American.

But writing laws to stop unethical behavior is difficultthing to do.

Gee, I wonder how many shares of Halliburton the Bush and Cheney families owned during the Bush administration?

:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buster;4165762]How do you propose stopping this ethically challenged behavior?

Almost every ex-congressman and ever ex-Senator works for a lobbyist.

Almost every ex-General ends up working for an arms manufacturer, often an arms manufacturer he/she endorsed to congress during procurement of that companyís goods.

And donít kid yourself similar stuff occurred with Cabinet members in the Bush Administration.[/QUOTE]

soooooo. Dems do it because Republicans did it? Riiiiiiiight.... :rolleyes:

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!! WARGARBL!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum;4165859]soooooo. Dems do it because Republicans did it? Riiiiiiiight.... :rolleyes:

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!! WARGARBL![/QUOTE]

how did this turn into a Halliburiton discussion, I was just wondering about the timing of another billion dollars thrown out the window chasing the previous half billion? ... spin it back the Dems tack

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buster;4165794]Aaaaand Halliburton kept getting military contracts after it was fined for over charging the US government and after it was fined for selling oil drilling equipment to Saddam Husseinís Iraq and to Muammar Gaddafi's Libya.

What is your point?[/QUOTE]

A few points actually:

-- America and its taxpayers actually received something tangible from Halliburton.

-- The Clinton Administration used Halliburton.

-- The Obama Adminstration continues to use Halliburton (no-bid contracts, as a matter of fact).

You really need to up your game here. I understand how difficult it must be to try to ward off the ginormous growing tidal wave of indefensible garbage coming out of the Obama reign of error, but I give you points for trying.

All League
    [QUOTE=quantum;4165859]soooooo. Dems do it because Republicans did it? Riiiiiiiight.... :rolleyes:

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!! WARGARBL![/QUOTE]

Tell us o' wise man.

How do we stop this?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4165862]how did this turn into a Halliburiton discussion, I was just wondering about the timing of another billion dollars thrown out the window chasing the previous half billion? ... spin it back the Dems tack[/QUOTE]

because Dems never do anything bad. if it looks bad, it was first done by Republicans, and now they're doing it to show us how wrong it was for Republicans to do it. got it?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buster;4165865]Tell us o' wise man.

How do we stop this?[/QUOTE]

Impeach Obama now. He has shredded the Constitution!

(feel right at home, now?) :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buster;4165865]Tell us o' wise man.

How do we stop this?[/QUOTE]

For starters, people like yourself can stop providing cover and making excuses and turning a blind eye to Obama and the rank amateur/criminal posse he brought with him to Washington.