Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-12 New York Rangers Thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'd pass on Selanne. I'd rather see them get a player who can become a core member of the team and who can add some physicality. My concern with this team is can they withstand the physical nature of the playoffs for 4 rounds. They're tough but not the biggest team. I remember Carter being pretty feisty with the Flyers. I think he would fit pretty nicely as long as he wants to be here.
    Carter is a nice player but his injury prone history is a big red flag. I am so so on Smyth as well. Has a good net presence but what would you have to give up and who would you play him with?

Personally, I am enamored with Rick Nash. A large physical presence with a scoring touch. Columbus may be willing to move him in a bargain due to his large salary. Put him on a line with someone who can get him the puck (Richie) and we could see dramatic improvements on both the PP and even strength.

I think you need to add another scorer despite liking this core very much. Lundy is playing great in net and Gabby usually good to great in the regular season but his play tends to shrink in the playoffs under tighter checking. Adding another scorer may give Gabby some more room (just a thought)

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    In come my Blackhawks!...on a 9 game losing streak

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    Carter is a nice player but his injury prone history is a big red flag. I am so so on Smyth as well. Has a good net presence but what would you have to give up and who would you play him with?

Personally, I am enamored with Rick Nash. A large physical presence with a scoring touch. Columbus may be willing to move him in a bargain due to his large salary. Put him on a line with someone who can get him the puck (Richie) and we could see dramatic improvements on both the PP and even strength.

I think you need to add another scorer despite liking this core very much. Lundy is playing great in net and Gabby usually good to great in the regular season but his play tends to shrink in the playoffs under tighter checking. Adding another scorer may give Gabby some more room (just a thought)
    Nash's size is intriguing and yes I think he would be an asset in NY. Plus I think he might thrive in Torts' system. But I also think Chris Kreider will as well. The problem is the BJ's asking price. I understand that they are asking for Kreider, Dubinsky, 2012 1st round pick AND either McDonagh or Stepan. LOL. Unless Sather's been hitting the crack pipe, that deal will never happen. Nash will be 28 in June. Kreider will be 21 in April. The Rangers may already have a Nash type player in Kreider so there's no way you trade that kid just to get a guy you hope will get your team over the hump this season. And there's no way Sather is trading McDonagh. Stepan may be another story. We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.

Carter would come much cheaper. He's been hit with injuries this season but before that, he's only missed 10 games in the previous 4 years.

As for last night, wow, what a bad start to a game. Haven't seen that all season. I could not believe all of the breakaways! And what's with Biron lately? Showing the 5 hole. Daring players to shoot there and then not closing it up. So guess what? They are shooting there and scoring at will! Wow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Sather was willing to part with Dubinsky, Erixon, J.T. Miller, Christian Thomas, a #1 pick and supposedly, at the last minute even offered Del Zotto for Rick Nash and his $7.8M cap hit??? Seriously??? And Hagelin's name was also involved somewhere as well.

I don't know who's crazier. Sather for making that offer or Howson for not accepting it.

Jesus, Sather has been doing SO well since the lockout. I'm hoping he isn't reverting back to his old incompetent ways.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howson was like "chill, Columbus. I got this" Then he goes on the podium and literally says "Rick came to us and asked to explore a trade" and then he goes on to say something like I put a really high price tag on him and the price tag will stay that high in the summer. He was really spiteful and stupid to not take the Rangers offer. Im pretty sure he was trying to get Dubinsky, McDonagh, Krieder, Miller and a 1st. With the news that he actually wants to leave, the price on him is going to drop hard.

Nash is only willing to go to 5 or 6 teams and the Leafs and Rangers seems to be the only 2 of those that actually want him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Howson was like "chill, Columbus. I got this" Then he goes on the podium and literally says "Rick came to us and asked to explore a trade" and then he goes on to say something like I put a really high price tag on him and the price tag will stay that high in the summer. He was really spiteful and stupid to not take the Rangers offer. Im pretty sure he was trying to get Dubinsky, McDonagh, Krieder, Miller and a 1st. With the news that he actually wants to leave, the price on him is going to drop hard.

Nash is only willing to go to 5 or 6 teams and the Leafs and Rangers seems to be the only 2 of those that actually want him.
    Yeah I think Howson will be gone before Nash will be. Any Rick Nash trade will probably be made by a different GM in Columbus.

I think Sather's offer was the best one Columbus will ever see for Nash.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Yeah I think Howson will be gone before Nash will be. Any Rick Nash trade will probably be made by a different GM in Columbus.

I think Sather's offer was the best one Columbus will ever see for Nash.
    Yeah the other reason hes a moron is this:

Come June, the Rangers can either A.) sign Parise. I dont think they will but you know theres going to be rumors about it. or B.) Sign Krieder and hope for the best.

They may not nearly be as in on Nash as they were now which knocks another one of Nashs teams off the list. He may have to revise his list if CBJ is going to get anything of good value for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the other reason hes a moron is this:

Come June, the Rangers can either A.) sign Parise. I dont think they will but you know theres going to be rumors about it. or B.) Sign Krieder and hope for the best.

They may not nearly be as in on Nash as they were now which knocks another one of Nashs teams off the list. He may have to revise his list if CBJ is going to get anything of good value for him.
    This wouldn't surprise me at all, as much as it pains me. I've heard plenty of Devils fans say they think he's staying, but deep down I don't believe it. I know he recently made a comment about the fans in NJ and he's also never said he's going to or wants to stay there. He can get his money, get a better atmosphere, and not have to pack up and leave his current living situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    This wouldn't surprise me at all, as much as it pains me. I've heard plenty of Devils fans say they think he's staying, but deep down I don't believe it. I know he recently made a comment about the fans in NJ and he's also never said he's going to or wants to stay there. He can get his money, get a better atmosphere, and not have to pack up and leave his current living situation.
    Hes going to stay. Rangers have young guys to lock up. Theyre going to pin hopes on Krieder being the real deal (his size indicates if he can contribute next year). I think the only real threat is Detroit. I hear alot of Minnesota but how often does that home town thing work out? Also, they sort of suck where as the Devils are built to be a perennial playoff team in a tough division.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another thought on Howson. I believe his chances of staying are nil. I had forgotten that Craig Patrick was hired in Decemeber as a "senior advisor." I'd be shocked if Patrick wasn't named interim GM. The guy is 65 years old now but he's heads and tails sharper than Howson.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hes going to stay. Rangers have young guys to lock up. Theyre going to pin hopes on Krieder being the real deal (his size indicates if he can contribute next year). I think the only real threat is Detroit. I hear alot of Minnesota but how often does that home town thing work out? Also, they sort of suck where as the Devils are built to be a perennial playoff team in a tough division.
    I'd love to have Parise. He fits perfectly into Torts' system. Maybe the Rangers try to deal Dubinsky to help make room.

I just hope Krieder signs. I've haven't heard him make any comments towards a committment to the Rangers. Kinda concerns me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great win yesterday. 10 point division lead and 10 point conference league.

Tough road trip coming up. 2 of 3 would be nice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody here go to the game tonight? Might be the last time to see the greatest player in the league...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeez, I know the Rangers have some injury issues, are they just burned out? I'm getting a little worried with the Penguins on an 11 game winning streak, and the Rangers still haven't clinched a playoff spot .....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big win last night. Needed the two points. Pittsburgh has to slow down sometime right?

Anyway, I'm loving Zuccarello on this team. What a difference the PP is with him instead of Stepan.

By the way, am I the only Rangers fan who's not enamored with Stepan?

He's not fast, he's not a very good stickhandler, he's weak along the boards and his shot is mediocre. He's a good passer, although I'm not seeing much from him since Gabby has gone to Richards' line. I think he's no better than a #3 center on a good team. And we're a good team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel so bad for Zuccarello.

He was playing so well. I really was liking his games.

Has anyone heard what his timetable is?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Read today that Zuccarello had surgery on his broken wrist yesterday. F*** me.

I hope that BC loses and the Rangers can get Krieder into the lineup (the first chance will be the season finale against the Caps).

Stepan completely slows down the PP. I can't stand seeing him on the ice. I'd rather see Hagelin out there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back to back on the road vs Winnepeg

Down 2-0 in the second

Roar back srarting with a SH goal to win 4-2

PLAYOFF TIX PRESALE TOMW

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night was a nice comeback. The mometum really did shift after Del Zotto's goal.

Anyone kind of scared of the Sabres? Very hot team right now...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Last night was a nice comeback. The mometum really did shift after Del Zotto's goal.

Anyone kind of scared of the Sabres? Very hot team right now...
    I think the Sabres will only go as far as Miller takes them.

I don't think they have the offense to compete.

They only scare me if Miller stands on his head which he's done in the past, which means a lot of 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 games.