Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 134 of 134

Thread: Official 2011-12 New York Rangers Thread

  1. #121
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,182
    TOMORROW

    June 14

    Flag day

    A celebration of the STARS AND STRIPES

    AND

    of June 14, 1994

    THE GREATEST DAY IN NEW YORK SPORTS HISTORY

    "Captain Mark Messier, Come get the STANLEY CUP!!!!"

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #122
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Why bother.

  3. #123
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Looking to the future, the Rangers should have a bright one good netminder, good amount of youth and some good fans.

  4. #124
    I just hope Sather doesn't get all silly and pursue Parise .........

  5. #125
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dub80 View Post
    I just hope Sather doesn't get all silly and pursue Parise .........
    Parise said he wouldn't come to the Rangers, but money talks.

    Getting Parise and dumping Gabby wouldn't be a bad way to go for the Rangers.

  6. #126
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,823
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Parise said he wouldn't come to the Rangers, but money talks.

    Getting Parise and dumping Gabby wouldn't be a bad way to go for the Rangers.
    He seemed adament that he had no interest in playing for the Rangers -- they'd really have to outbid everyone to get him, I think.

    Where does Rick Nash likley end up?

  7. #127
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    He seemed adament that he had no interest in playing for the Rangers -- they'd really have to outbid everyone to get him, I think.

    Where does Rick Nash likley end up?
    Here

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Parise said he wouldn't come to the Rangers, but money talks.

    Getting Parise and dumping Gabby wouldn't be a bad way to go for the Rangers.
    That's the reason I said what I did, when a player publicly says 'No.' to a team, WHY would we continue to have interest?

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    TOMORROW

    June 14

    Flag day

    A celebration of the STARS AND STRIPES

    AND

    of June 14, 1994

    THE GREATEST DAY IN NEW YORK SPORTS HISTORY

    "Captain Mark Messier, Come get the STANLEY CUP!!!!"

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    LOL.. Still living in the past... What about January 12, 1969????

  10. #130
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,182
    please, my friend..... you make the best burgers in all Jetdom

    but, sadly, you root for a hockey team that plays in a slum, has a grand total of less than 5000 fans and is just about financially ready to be taken over by the NFL and moved to some other city or contracted


    stick to grilling

  11. #131
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Here
    Can the Rangers afford him?

  12. #132
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,182
    Congratulation to the KING on winning the Vezina Trophy--BEST GOALKEEPER IN THE NHL

    The only meaningful hardware won by ANY Metro area NHL franchise

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #133
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,823
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The only meaningful hardware won by ANY Metro area NHL franchise

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Dude... Stop.

  14. #134
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Can the Rangers afford him?
    Probably.

    Dubinsky ($4.2M) would undoubtedly be part of any deal for Nash ($7.8M).

    Currently, the Rangers have almost $22 in cap space.

    They have a few UFA's to deal with (Feds, Prust, Biron and Mitchell). I don't think Eminger and Woywitka will be re-signed.

    They have a few RFA's to deal with (MDZ, Bickel and Stralman).

    Sauer's future is up in the air right now.

    I hope Sather deals away Rupp. He's useless IMO.

    All in all, the Rangers would have plenty of room for Nash's contract if Dubinsky is part of the deal.

    Gaborik is probably out the first 2 months of the season so Sather has to find top end offense somewhere. It will probably be Nash or Bobby Ryan.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us