Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-12 New York Rangers Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Anyway, back to the Rangers...

It will be interesting to see if anyone on the team sends a message to Eric Staal tonight.

He'll be just another 'what could have been'...

His only Stanley Cup came in a season where he wasn't even the best player on his team...

Keep holding out hope buddy!

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey Cupcake, start your own thread about Cindy if you want to talk about him.

I tried to put this thread back on track with Rangers talk and you come back with more crap about Cindy. This is a New York Rangers thread.

Start your own Cindy Worshipping thread and keep that crap out of here.

Thank you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

I tried to put this thread back on track with Rangers talk and you come back with more crap about Cindy. This is a New York Rangers thread.

Thank you.
    Friday night I went out to a local bar to watch the Carolina/Mich State game on the battleship.

On the TV next to me was the Rangers vs Carolina. I forgot how much I miss watching the Rangers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Friday night I went out to a local bar to watch the Carolina/Mich State game on the battleship.

On the TV next to me was the Rangers vs Carolina. I forgot how much I miss watching the Rangers.
    Center Ice. $171 for the whole year. I love it. Can watch any team any game.

Veteran
    lol, mission accomplished. I knew you guys couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    He'll be just another 'what could have been'...

His only Stanley Cup came in a season where he wasn't even the best player on his team...

Keep holding out hope buddy!
    Crosby was no slouch in 08-09. That's an irrelevant point.

But yeah, I have a little hope that he can return, but honestly he'll be gone again sooner rather than later and every Pens fan knows it. But if anyone can come back from this it's him.

Thank you.
    Does calling him Cindy make it easier for you to fantasize about him when you... you know... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anyway, Brad Richards is in that video, I thought you guys might appreciate seeing what he thinks of the greatest player in the game (or what was and what would have been the greatest player in the game).

But let's be honest. It's obvious that you guys like to talk about the Pens a lot more than you do the Rangers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Please stop trolling the Rangers thread.

Start your own team thread and talk with yourself there.

Thank you.

Jordy's right.

And for the record, I'd talk about the Pens a separate 'All NHL' thread or something since their in our division...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Jordy's right.

And for the record, I'd talk about the Pens a separate 'All NHL' thread or something since their in our division...
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    7 in a row! Me likey.

So glad to see Avery back and playing like he is. Aggravating yet smart hockey.

Veteran
    Team is looking really good. Stephan is really developing into a "Richardsesk" type of playmaker for Gabs.
    Gabs is playing with a new vigor and first couple of strides are amazing.
    Lundy is Lundy and Biron is an awesome back up.
    Cally.....WOW, this is what a Captain is supposed to play like.
    Richards has amazing vision.
    Girardi should be on the all star ballot.
    McDonagh is really impressive (dare I say Leetch like?)
    Sauer, DelZotto and Emminger are all playing well.
    Now we get Dubie and Artie goin along with Prust and Boyle LOOK OUT.
    Overall love the Torts "GO GO" system which is high energy and is all about pressure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsnrangers View Post
    Team is looking really good. Stephan is really developing into a "Richardsesk" type of playmaker for Gabs.
    Gabs is playing with a new vigor and first couple of strides are amazing.
    Lundy is Lundy and Biron is an awesome back up.
    Cally.....WOW, this is what a Captain is supposed to play like.
    Richards has amazing vision.
    Girardi should be on the all star ballot.
    McDonagh is really impressive (dare I say Leetch like?)
    Sauer, DelZotto and Emminger are all playing well.
    Now we get Dubie and Artie goin along with Prust and Boyle LOOK OUT.
    Overall love the Torts "GO GO" system which is high energy and is all about pressure.
    McDonagh was a frickin' steal from the Habnots. Love that kid. Who wouldn't trade Scott Gomez for Ryan McDonagh today straight up irrespective of salary? The fact that Sather dumped Gomez' salary on the Habnots was icing on the cake. One of Sather's best moves since he's been here (made up for his horrible move of signing Gomez in the first place). McDonagh reminds me more of another Marc Staal but with a little less physicality, but more offense. Offensively, he's not on Leetch's level..yet...and may never be. Very few could be. But he's got some big upside on the offensive side. He's already better defensively than Leetch was IMO.

I like what the Rangers have in the system too. Kreider, Bourque, Thomas, Hagelin, Miller, Fasth, Yogan, McIlrath, Erixon...the list goes on. I'm anxious to see if Valentenko can make the jump soon. He just turned 24 so he's not a "kid" anymore. I don't know what's holding him back unless it's that the Rangers have enough young Dmen already and need a vet on the 3rd pair. Valentenko is a banger.

Thank goodness for hockey! Takes my mind off the stink of the Jets!

Veteran
    McDonagh was a frickin' steal from the Habnots. Love that kid. Who wouldn't trade Scott Gomez for Ryan McDonagh today straight up irrespective of salary? The fact that Sather dumped Gomez' salary on the Habnots was icing on the cake. One of Sather's best moves since he's been here (made up for his horrible move of signing Gomez in the first place). McDonagh reminds me more of another Marc Staal but with a little less physicality, but more offense. Offensively, he's not on Leetch's level..yet...and may never be. Very few could be. But he's got some big upside on the offensive side. He's already better defensively than Leetch was IMO.

I like what the Rangers have in the system too. Kreider, Bourque, Thomas, Hagelin, Miller, Fasth, Yogan, McIlrath, Erixon...the list goes on. I'm anxious to see if Valentenko can make the jump soon. He just turned 24 so he's not a "kid" anymore. I don't know what's holding him back unless it's that the Rangers have enough young Dmen already and need a vet on the 3rd pair. Valentenko is a banger.

Thank goodness for hockey! Takes my mind off the stink of the Jets!
    AMEN!!! Habs tonight!!!

Veteran
    Who wouldn't trade Scott Gomez for a piece of cake?

Jets Insider VIP
    Rangers played a stinker last night. This 3 games in 9 days stretch is not working in their favor. Too much off time.

Rangers played a stinker last night. This 3 games in 9 days stretch is not working in their favor. Too much off time.
    They were due for one. Only good thing about this off time is that they still are around the top of the standings and have a lot of games at hand on the rest of the league. Also, two questions from last night: Why play Biron when you have 4 days rest and gave Hank a maintenance day? Is something going on with the King that we don't know about? Discuss...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    They were due for one. Only good thing about this off time is that they still are around the top of the standings and have a lot of games at hand on the rest of the league. Also, two questions from last night: Why play Biron when you have 4 days rest and gave Hank a maintenance day? Is something going on with the King that we don't know about? Discuss...
    Yup. If the Rangers win that game they would have technically been in 1st place in the Eastern Conference with both the Flygirls and the Pansies losing.

I haven't heard word one about Hank being anything but 100%. I caught a glimpse of the pre-game warm-ups and he was in net taking shots from his teammates. So I guess Torts wanted to keep Biron sharp...at least that was the intention. He let in a couple of softies IMO. So that didn't work out well if that was the case. I can't remember the last time the Rangers had this much down-time between games. Hard to get into a rhythm.

Yup. If the Rangers win that game they would have technically been in 1st place in the Eastern Conference with both the Flygirls and the Pansies losing.

I haven't heard word one about Hank being anything but 100%. I caught a glimpse of the pre-game warm-ups and he was in net taking shots from his teammates. So I guess Torts wanted to keep Biron sharp...at least that was the intention. He let in a couple of softies IMO. So that didn't work out well if that was the case. I can't remember the last time the Rangers had this much down-time between games. Hard to get into a rhythm.
    This. Usually teams have games at hand on the rangers, not the other way around.

Veteran
    We find out if this team is for real now. Can they rebound from a stinker and not get caught looking ahead vs Fla. Then we get Was/Phi/Pens. Hopefully those 3 games end up better than the Jets run earlier this year vs the top teams. Getting 6 points out of the next 4 with games in hand, they will be in a good position. also heard Staal has been skating. Thats a real solid top4 on D.