Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-12 New York Rangers Thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I think the Sabres will only go as far as Miller takes them.

I don't think they have the offense to compete.

They only scare me if Miller stands on his head which he's done in the past, which means a lot of 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 games.
    That's kind of what I mean. I've seen teams with a hot goalie score some upsets in past playoffs...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd still bet big that the Rangers take care of business against Buffalo, but I'd much rather face a team like Washington if I'm a Rangers fan.

Jordy and or BRJ, what would you like in terms of match-ups in the first round between the 3 teams most likely to get the 8th seed, Ottawa, Buffalo, and Washington?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I'd still bet big that the Rangers take care of business against Buffalo, but I'd much rather face a team like Washington if I'm a Rangers fan.

Jordy and or BRJ, what would you like in terms of match-ups in the first round between the 3 teams most likely to get the 8th seed, Ottawa, Buffalo, and Washington?
    First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Islanders for spanking the Penguins twice this week. Totally unexpected.

As for the playoffs, I'd rather play Buffalo than Washington or Ottawa with Washington being the team of the three I'd least like to start with. Mainly because of the Rangers history against them in the playoffs. Although, part of me wants Washington so that the Rangers have the opportunity to exact revenge for that distasteful "logo celebration" they did a couple of years ago.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st place!!!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations to the NY Rangers!!

They may not be built right now to go all the way, but I can't remember a group of Rangers that I have ever been more proud of.

And with Lundqvist in nets, there's always a chance!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Atlantic Division Champs! First banner in forever. Pretty pumped but I dont think theyll get out of the East. Whatever, this team is young and is going to fight all the way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    this truely was a great and unexpected season. I tend to agree with BRJ that this team may have difficulty getting out of the east especially if they end up playing Pitt further down the road. I, for one, am not sleeping on either the Capitals or Sabres and think that the first round will go 6 to 7 games games regardless of the opponent.

Would also like to see Kreider get the call up. He has looked like a stud in the NCAA tournament. Looking forward to watching him play later on today.

Go Rangers!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you love the Rangers you have to absolutely love this team. The entire roster makes the sacrifices necessary to succeed. They have been playing the right style all season long. If there is any concern its with Stralman and Bickel. Having Sauer would make a huge difference. I still think they have what it takes to win the Eastern Conference. A break here or there, like the Flyers eliminating the Penguins, would help. Would much rather face the Caps than Buffalo in Round 1.

Too bad hockey is so under the radar in NY. A long playoff run would show the city that Callahan is Jeter on skates.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    If you love the Rangers you have to absolutely love this team. The entire roster makes the sacrifices necessary to succeed. They have been playing the right style all season long. If there is any concern its with Stralman and Bickel. Having Sauer would make a huge difference. I still think they have what it takes to win the Eastern Conference. A break here or there, like the Flyers eliminating the Penguins, would help. Would much rather face the Caps than Buffalo in Round 1.

Too bad hockey is so under the radar in NY. A long playoff run would show the city that Callahan is Jeter on skates.
    Very interesting comparison considering how different the 2 sports are.

Ill say this much. Hes always in the proper position, makes little plays that youd never notice unless youre watching film, skates hard every shift and isnt afraid to get into a scrum for his team mates. He'll block any shot (which is very dangerous admittedly) on one end and lead a rush on the other. Truly makes the most of his lesser ability. Seriously, think of guys like Zherdev and Semin. They have the soooooo much talent (Semin should be a top 10 player) and not a tenth of the smarts/hustle/heart that Cally does. It shows on the ice.

2 more highly paid guys deserve my praise....Richards and Gaborik. Richards had a slow start but you could tell the difference he had in the locker room and helping guys adjust to Torts' system. Since March though, hes been one of the best centers in the NHL. His passes are absolutely ridiculous and he scores such clutch goals. If history is any indication, he will have a great playoffs. Gaborik being on his line made a world of difference. Speaking of Gabby, last year he had a down year and people were talking about how we were stuck with a bad contract for a couple of years. How does he respond? By potting 41 goals, behind only Malkin (Hart winner) and Stamkos (guy is straight LOL good) and playing all 80 games.

As for the playoffs, I want Washington. Difference between them and Buffalo is goaltending. Ryan Miller can steal a series. Washington doesnt have great goal tending/defense. They gives up lots of goals in front which where the Rangers excel. Plus they can slow down Ovie a bit and Backstrom is back but he just get back from a long injury so hes bound to have some Marc Staal type rust. Keeping in mind though, there is still a chance we could play Florida. Id want them the most. We'll see though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW for those who care, I got some playoff info

Game 1 is next Thursday at 7 or 730
    Game 2 is next Saturday with a time that is TBD

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    this truely was a great and unexpected season. I tend to agree with BRJ that this team may have difficulty getting out of the east especially if they end up playing Pitt further down the road. I, for one, am not sleeping on either the Capitals or Sabres and think that the first round will go 6 to 7 games games regardless of the opponent.

Would also like to see Kreider get the call up. He has looked like a stud in the NCAA tournament. Looking forward to watching him play later on today.

Go Rangers!!!
    From what Im reading from Brooks, the Rangers want to sign him the second BC is eliminated. I could see him taking Mitchell's spot. Mitchell and Jon Scott are so bad.

Really sorry for 3 posts in a row but this isnt exactly a popping thread/forum

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post

Go Rangers!!!
    Selfishly, I hope BC loses.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    From what Im reading from Brooks, the Rangers want to sign him the second BC is eliminated. I could see him taking Mitchell's spot. Mitchell and Jon Scott are so bad.

Really sorry for 3 posts in a row but this isnt exactly a popping thread/forum
    Whatever it takes to keep that stupid AFL thread from the top!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever it takes to keep that stupid AFL thread from the top!
    LOL, amen to that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Legit chance we play Florida

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Very interesting comparison considering how different the 2 sports are.

Ill say this much. Hes always in the proper position, makes little plays that youd never notice unless youre watching film, skates hard every shift and isnt afraid to get into a scrum for his team mates. He'll block any shot (which is very dangerous admittedly) on one end and lead a rush on the other. Truly makes the most of his lesser ability. Seriously, think of guys like Zherdev and Semin. They have the soooooo much talent (Semin should be a top 10 player) and not a tenth of the smarts/hustle/heart that Cally does. It shows on the ice.

2 more highly paid guys deserve my praise....Richards and Gaborik. Richards had a slow start but you could tell the difference he had in the locker room and helping guys adjust to Torts' system. Since March though, hes been one of the best centers in the NHL. His passes are absolutely ridiculous and he scores such clutch goals. If history is any indication, he will have a great playoffs. Gaborik being on his line made a world of difference. Speaking of Gabby, last year he had a down year and people were talking about how we were stuck with a bad contract for a couple of years. How does he respond? By potting 41 goals, behind only Malkin (Hart winner) and Stamkos (guy is straight LOL good) and playing all 80 games.

As for the playoffs, I want Washington. Difference between them and Buffalo is goaltending. Ryan Miller can steal a series. Washington doesnt have great goal tending/defense. They gives up lots of goals in front which where the Rangers excel. Plus they can slow down Ovie a bit and Backstrom is back but he just get back from a long injury so hes bound to have some Marc Staal type rust. Keeping in mind though, there is still a chance we could play Florida. Id want them the most. We'll see though.
    nice post. I'm hoping for washington too. Right now, I'm not even sure they have even one healthy goaltender.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight illustrates why I said a few posts ago that I least wanted to start with Washington. For some reason, it seems Ovechkin gets into their heads. Washington and Ottawa were the two I least wanted to face in the 1st round.

But it's Ottawa. All offense. They gave up more goals in the regular season than any other team in the playoffs.

Bad news, they beat the Rangers 3 out of 4. Craig Anderson can be a problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight illustrates why I said a few posts ago that I least wanted to start with Washington. For some reason, it seems Ovechkin gets into their heads. Washington and Ottawa were the two I least wanted to face in the 1st round.

But it's Ottawa. All offense. They gave up more goals in the regular season than any other team in the playoffs.

Bad news, they beat the Rangers 3 out of 4. Craig Anderson can be a problem.
    Here comes the trap!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    GAME ONE -- OTTAWA AT RANGERS Thursday night -- WORLDS MOST FAMOUS ARENA

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    TONIGHT

GAME ONE

DO NOT MISS IT