Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-12 New York Rangers Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36 View Post
    We find out if this team is for real now. Can they rebound from a stinker and not get caught looking ahead vs Fla. Then we get Was/Phi/Pens. Hopefully those 3 games end up better than the Jets run earlier this year vs the top teams. Getting 6 points out of the next 4 with games in hand, they will be in a good position. also heard Staal has been skating. Thats a real solid top4 on D.
    First of all, shame on you for even mentioning the Jets in this thread. We are keeping this curse-free.

Actually, I read that Staal is making the trip to Florida with the team. He's obviously not in game shape to play but the fact he's flying is a positive sign.

Kinda crazy to think that Step's goal just now was the first Ranger goal in a week. Whatta shot.

Jets Insider VIP
    First the Dirty Ovechkins, then the Philthy Flyers...next victim the Flopping Pansies.

Hello Carl Hagelin. Goodbye Eric Christensen.

Jets Insider VIP
    How sweet it is watching The Pansies go down.

Rangers are 5-1-1 in their last 7 against them.

Nice run here.

3 points behind them with 4 games in hand.

Edit: Watched the game again. I can't believe (maybe I can) how slimy dirty the Pansies are. Particularly Droopy Face Malkin, Kunitz, Staal, Orpik and Bortuzzo. Kennedy and Cooke? Well that goes without saying. Fortunately the refs last night caught most, not all, of their constant infractions.
    Last edited by Jordy; 11-30-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Veteran
    This team is for real. I like the correlation to the 93-94 team. That team went 11-1 in november and the just played solid enought the rest of the season on their way to the presidents trophy. This team just went 9-2 in november, with hopefully the same results. Love the energy from the new guys, however they need Dubinsky to start scoring. He busts his a$$ but just can't score.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36 View Post
    This team is for real. I like the correlation to the 93-94 team. That team went 11-1 in november and the just played solid enought the rest of the season on their way to the presidents trophy. This team just went 9-2 in november, with hopefully the same results. Love the energy from the new guys, however they need Dubinsky to start scoring. He busts his a$$ but just can't score.
    A lot of buzz the last few days that the Rangers were the front-runners to obtain Bobby Ryan from the Ducks in a trade. Dubinsky was rumored to be one of the players involved (his $4M salary helps off-set Ryan's $5M). But the Ducks just fired Randy Carlyle last night and hired Bruce Boudreau so...perhaps Ryan stays put for now and he's given a repreive to see if Boudreau can turn things around with him in the lineup.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    How sweet it is watching The Pansies go down.

Rangers are 5-1-1 in their last 7 against them.

Nice run here.

3 points behind them with 4 games in hand.

Edit: Watched the game again. I can't believe (maybe I can) how slimy dirty the Pansies are. Particularly Droopy Face Malkin, Kunitz, Staal, Orpik and Bortuzzo. Kennedy and Cooke? Well that goes without saying. Fortunately the refs last night caught most, not all, of their constant infractions.
    Jordy for the love of God when will your constant pens hating stop? I've argued this with you before, you speak as if the Rangers never do anything wrong ever. Never commit a penalty, the refs are always out to get you guys, and the other team is always filthy dirty and a bunch of punks. Forgive me for saying this but you sound like a Flyers fan sometimes....I apologize, but you do. Anisimov (spelling?) slew footed two different penguins in the first period, yet I don't see a 5 page thread on it like when Crosby did it last year. But he was probably just retaliating to the constant slimy dirtiness and it was just a hard nosed play from a tough player that plays for a fantastic organization from top to bottom right?

All that crap and bickering aside, congrats on the victory. You guys were always a threat in the east as long as Henrik was in goal. Now you have certainly seemed to add some very good offense and this team is a legit front runner in the east. I'd much rather the Pens battle the Rangers in the east than the Flyers or Caps. I know her only played a handful of games before getting injured, but what was your impression of Mike Rupp? I was sad to see him leave the Pens....good size, good locker room guy, and always seemed to have a knack for scoring timely goals.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Jordy for the love of God when will your constant pens hating stop? I've argued this with you before, you speak as if the Rangers never do anything wrong ever. Never commit a penalty, the refs are always out to get you guys, and the other team is always filthy dirty and a bunch of punks. Forgive me for saying this but you sound like a Flyers fan sometimes....I apologize, but you do. Anisimov (spelling?) slew footed two different penguins in the first period, yet I don't see a 5 page thread on it like when Crosby did it last year. But he was probably just retaliating to the constant slimy dirtiness and it was just a hard nosed play from a tough player that plays for a fantastic organization from top to bottom right?

All that crap and bickering aside, congrats on the victory. You guys were always a threat in the east as long as Henrik was in goal. Now you have certainly seemed to add some very good offense and this team is a legit front runner in the east. I'd much rather the Pens battle the Rangers in the east than the Flyers or Caps. I know her only played a handful of games before getting injured, but what was your impression of Mike Rupp? I was sad to see him leave the Pens....good size, good locker room guy, and always seemed to have a knack for scoring timely goals.
    No offense but this is a Rangers fan thread. I think we as Rangers fans can hate on other teams or other players here if we choose to, just as we as Jets fans hate on other teams and players on the Strip in Jets fan related threads. I can't help my hatred for that team. It permeates ever fiber of my being LOL.

I honestly don't recall seeing Anisimov slew footing anyone. Is there any video of it anywhere? I'd sincerely like to see that if it's available.

I'm sorry but I really tried to watch that game from an unbiased point of view but I see Staal slashing players left and right anytime he gets touched. I see Kunitz leaping (read leaving his feet) into Sauer along the boards with his elbow up AFTER Malkin slashed Sauer and broke Sauer's stick in half. Malkin got penalized (rightly so) but Kunitz gets nothing LOL. I see Orpik pulverizing anybody in his path on defense. He gets away with so much crap it's sickening. Bortuzzo is a cowardly punk who I saw take cheaps shots and then run and hide. And you know Kennedy takes liberties whenever possible and what can you say about Matt Cooke? I'm not saying the Rangers players are all saints but your team takes more liberties than most teams and is right up there with the Flyers IMO in that department. But I will say that they WERE penalized more in that game than I ever recall. So maybe the refs are finally getting up to speed!

Rupp by the way, has so far been a disappointment at least when he was healthy and playing. He appeared slow and not really keeping up with the Rangers team speed which while not on the same level as your team or the Canadiens, they still play up-tempo. It will be interesting to see if he can get back into the lineup.
    Last edited by Jordy; 12-01-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Rookie
    No offense but this is a Rangers fan thread. I think we as Rangers fans can hate on other teams or other players here if we choose to, just as we as Jets fans hate on other teams and players on the Strip in Jets fan related threads. I can't help my hatred for that team. It permeates ever fiber of my being LOL.

I honestly don't recall seeing Anisimov slew footing anyone. Is there any video of it anywhere? I'd sincerely like to see that if it's available.

I'm sorry but I really tried to watch that game from an unbiased point of view but I see Staal slashing players left and right anytime he gets touched. I see Kunitz leaping (read leaving his feet) into Sauer along the boards with his elbow up AFTER Malkin slashed Sauer and broke Sauer's stick in half. Malkin got penalized (rightly so) but Kunitz gets nothing LOL. I see Orpik pulverizing anybody in his path on defense. He gets away with so much crap it's sickening. Bortuzzo is a cowardly punk who I saw take cheaps shots and then run and hide. And you know Kennedy takes liberties whenever possible and what can you say about Matt Cooke? I'm not saying the Rangers players are all saints but your team takes more liberties than most teams and is right up there with the Flyers IMO in that department. But I will say that they WERE penalized more in that game than I ever recall. So maybe the refs are finally getting up to speed!

Rupp by the way, has so far been a disappointment at least when he was healthy and playing. He appeared slow and not really keeping up with the Rangers team speed which while not on the same level as your team or the Canadiens, they still play up-tempo. It will be interesting to see if he can get back into the lineup.
    Jordy, you are absolutely 100% correct, this is a Rangers fans thread so I really shouldn't expect much love for the enemy. The Anisimov play was kinda of a nondescript play in the first period along the boards in the corner...looked like a slew foot in real time....but things do get a bit testy along the boards. I'd be interested to see a replay to see if it really was or if it was just a bang bang type play.

Orpik and Kennedy do certainly take some liberties. Orpik does a fairly good job destroying people and Kennedy plays with a ton a speed and tenacity, and rarely does he back down from someone even though he is fairly small. He does however have one of the ugliest noses I've ever seen. I also got to see both of these players play alot with the AHL Pens, so I have a bit of soft spot for them. If these two guys were Rangers, I guarantee you love them.

In no way shape or form can I defend Cooke's past actions. His head shots were dangerous and just plain dumb. Albeit a small sample size, he has certainly cleaned up his game this season, which is good bc he brings alot to this team...good penalty killer, timely scoring, and by all accounts an excellent locker room guy. I didn't like Bortuzzo's game. He's and AHL guy only playing because Michalek is still hurting and Letang got his face taken off by Max Pacioretty. I thought Bortuzzo looked like he was trying to make a name for himself out there, but taking shots at Avery then running to bench ain't the way to do it.

Speed has always been the knock on Rupp. He did OK in our uptempo system on a line with Craig Adams and Arron Asham, neither of which are speedsters.

As for you guys, you are always dangerous as long as Henrik is between the pipes. But Richards look good and as long as Gaborik is healthy he is a beast.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Jordy, you are absolutely 100% correct, this is a Rangers fans thread so I really shouldn't expect much love for the enemy. The Anisimov play was kinda of a nondescript play in the first period along the boards in the corner...looked like a slew foot in real time....but things do get a bit testy along the boards. I'd be interested to see a replay to see if it really was or if it was just a bang bang type play.

Orpik and Kennedy do certainly take some liberties. Orpik does a fairly good job destroying people and Kennedy plays with a ton a speed and tenacity, and rarely does he back down from someone even though he is fairly small. He does however have one of the ugliest noses I've ever seen. I also got to see both of these players play alot with the AHL Pens, so I have a bit of soft spot for them. If these two guys were Rangers, I guarantee you love them.

In no way shape or form can I defend Cooke's past actions. His head shots were dangerous and just plain dumb. Albeit a small sample size, he has certainly cleaned up his game this season, which is good bc he brings alot to this team...good penalty killer, timely scoring, and by all accounts an excellent locker room guy. I didn't like Bortuzzo's game. He's and AHL guy only playing because Michalek is still hurting and Letang got his face taken off by Max Pacioretty. I thought Bortuzzo looked like he was trying to make a name for himself out there, but taking shots at Avery then running to bench ain't the way to do it.

Speed has always been the knock on Rupp. He did OK in our uptempo system on a line with Craig Adams and Arron Asham, neither of which are speedsters.

As for you guys, you are always dangerous as long as Henrik is between the pipes. But Richards look good and as long as Gaborik is healthy he is a beast.
    I'd love to have a player like Orpik. I think Orpik puts the Rangers deep into the playoffs for sure. And that's why I have a hardon for him. He spurned the Rangers a couple of years ago when he was a FA!

With the way Hagelin and John Mitchell are playing, i don't see Rupp getting back into the lineup anytime soon. And personally I feel comfortable with Deveaux over Rupp. Although Rupp can add good depth, Deveaux is 1/3 the price. I can't believe Sather signed Rupp for 3 years. Well, actually, I can. Sather is great when he's making a trade. He absolutely sucks when it comes to signing FA's. There are exceptions (Gaborik and Fedotenko. We'll see if Richards justifies the big salary) but his overall body of work in the FA market is abominable.

Another nice win last night. I cant believe that the Rangers PP actually looks good and generates some momentum for the club. McDonaugh looks to be a stud, the Habs must be kicking themselves right now. Contributions from all lines. When was the last time you could say that watching this team?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    Another nice win last night. I cant believe that the Rangers PP actually looks good and generates some momentum for the club. McDonaugh looks to be a stud, the Habs must be kicking themselves right now. Contributions from all lines. When was the last time you could say that watching this team?
    The Gomez for McDonagh trade will go down as one of the best in the team's history.

It was a bonanza from both a talent point of view and a financial point of view.

Jets Insider VIP
    I said in the first post of this thread that I thought this team had Top 4 potential and I'm starting to see it. The depth on defense in this organization is phenomenal. Callahan is possessed right now and I'm lovin' Carl Hagelin. Dubinsky is making me pull out my hair though.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have never seen a Rangers team so deep on the back end.

4 Dmen out, including Staal, and they bring out reinforcements and hardly skip a beat.

And to think they still have Valentenko waiting for an opportunity and McIlrath getting closer to the NHL.

I have never seen a Rangers team so deep on the back end.

4 Dmen out, including Staal, and they bring out reinforcements and hardly skip a beat.

And to think they still have Valentenko waiting for an opportunity and McIlrath getting closer to the NHL.

+1.....Nice to see Rupp back in action also....Little help for Prust who gives away 50 LB every fight....

Rangers are legit this year, as much as I don't like it.

Nice win for you guys last night. Listened to the the first period and a half on the online radio feed before a meeting and felt very good, but was very disappointed when I saw the final afterwards.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Rangers are legit this year, as much as I don't like it.

Nice win for you guys last night. Listened to the the first period and a half on the online radio feed before a meeting and felt very good, but was very disappointed when I saw the final afterwards.
    I was stuck watching and listening to Cangelosi and Resch. I'm familiar with Resch and have learned to tune him out but, OMG Cangelosi is horrible! Not that I expect a hometown play by play guy to give props to the other team too often but Cangelosi couldn't bring himself to do so even once. At least Resch can do that. Isn't he employed by MSG? By the way, I sure did miss Emrick. Is he still doing play by play?

I was stuck watching and listening to Cangelosi and Resch. I'm familiar with Resch and have learned to tune him out but, OMG Cangelosi is horrible! Not that I expect a hometown play by play guy to give props to the other team too often but Cangelosi couldn't bring himself to do so even once. At least Resch can do that. Isn't he employed by MSG? By the way, I sure did miss Emrick. Is he still doing play by play?
    Emrick actually left the Devils broadcast on MSG before this season and now just games on NBC/Versus. It's a shame that he's no longer there. He was very good and like you said, Cangelosi sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Emrick actually left the Devils broadcast on MSG before this season and now just games on NBC/Versus. It's a shame that he's no longer there. He was very good and like you said, Cangelosi sucks.
    I didn't know that. They go from a consummate pro like Emrick to a schmuck like Cangelosi. As Charles Barkley would say, "That's turrible, just turrible"

How nice was that move by Del Zotto last night? Between him and McDonagh the Rangers D is going to be good for a long time. I hope Staal comes back strong and can stay healthy.