Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-12 New York Rangers Thread

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Official 2011-12 New York Rangers Thread

Let's get this party started!

I'm pretty excited about this team this year. A lot of good young talent, especially on defense, has been groomed and looks ready to contribute. I really like the signings of Brad Richards and Mike Rupp and I'm glad to see that Marty Biron is back healthy and can hopefully give the King some needed rest throughout the season.

However, I'm a bit concerned about Marc Staal. I don't know what's going on with him because the information being leaked is so non-specific. Supposedly, he had no post-concussion symptoms throughout the summer but all of a sudden he's having headaches after working out. Now Sather is bringing up the possibility of a slipped disc or pinched nerve but also not ruling out PCS. Who knows. All I know is that it's not an ideal scenario.

If they can stay healthy, I see a top 4 finish in the conference.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    carry on...carry on...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'm the only Rangers fan left here.

But in case I'm not (and to bump down that annoying AFL thread), I just want to say how impressed I am with Ryan McDonagh.

I've criticized Sather over the years, and deservedly so, but his recent work has been impressive. Not only did he unload Gomez' salary on the Habs but he got McDonagh out of it.

What a steal!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So how about them Rangers!

(bump for sanity)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ill bite.....This team has a long way to go. While the win over San Jose was impressive at this point I will credit that to the Sharks not showing up at the end of a road trip and probably spending the previous night out in NYC.

I agree McDonaugh has been the most impressive by far and it looks like MDZ's defensive game is progressing. Gabby continues to skate well and looks to be their best player and they will need him to be in order to compete. That being said, I am not passing judgement on this team yet but they do have a lot of glarring holes and will struggle offensively throughout the season. If I am Slats I would try and move Dubinsky for a large physical d man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    Ill bite.....This team has a long way to go. While the win over San Jose was impressive at this point I will credit that to the Sharks not showing up at the end of a road trip and probably spending the previous night out in NYC.

I agree McDonaugh has been the most impressive by far and it looks like MDZ's defensive game is progressing. Gabby continues to skate well and looks to be their best player and they will need him to be in order to compete. That being said, I am not passing judgement on this team yet but they do have a lot of glarring holes and will struggle offensively throughout the season. If I am Slats I would try and move Dubinsky for a large physical d man.
    The D has been pretty solid. Lapses here and there but considering they've been without Staal and without Sauer for a few games, not bad. Plus they have McIlrath who could possibly be with the big team next season.

Their problem is on offense. If you're going to trade Dubinsky for a D man, you're further weakening the offense. Rupp is ineffective, Christensen is wildly inconsistent and Stepan has appeared out of sorts so far. I haven't been thrilled with his play thusfar.

Torts drives me nuts with his line mixing. He needs to keep Dubinsky, Callahan and Anisimov together on one line. Not mix them up. They play very well together and was by far their best line last season. Otherwise, he always seems to try something and then switch it up before there's any time to see how it works. It's maddening.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The D has been pretty solid. Lapses here and there but considering they've been without Staal and without Sauer for a few games, not bad. Plus they have McIlrath who could possibly be with the big team next season.

Their problem is on offense. If you're going to trade Dubinsky for a D man, you're further weakening the offense. Rupp is ineffective, Christensen is wildly inconsistent and Stepan has appeared out of sorts so far. I haven't been thrilled with his play thusfar.

Torts drives me nuts with his line mixing. He needs to keep Dubinsky, Callahan and Anisimov together on one line. Not mix them up. They play very well together and was by far their best line last season. Otherwise, he always seems to try something and then switch it up before there's any time to see how it works. It's maddening.
    I agree with all of your points but who knows if Staal will be back anytime soon. Rupp has been hurt thus rendering him ineffective. Why is Christensen even on teh team? Consistency has been his issue from day 1. Stepan is a young kid, I am hoping that goal he scored the other night will get him back on track.

Regarding Dubinsky, I think he is wildly overrated by the Ranger fanbase and is making way too much money. The Rangers need a physical presence on d and while I respect Emmingers efforts he is not that guy. Maybe I will be proved wrong but I think the match up against Anaheim will speak volumes as to the physicality of this team especially after their big line manhandled them last year.

Very good points on Torts. I think that is every Ranger fans criticism. My personal peeve is how he tends to ride Artie and play head games benching him for extended periods of time when he is guilty of committing the same mistakes the entire team does. Torts definitely plays favorites with his players regarding treatment. While Avery is not my favorite player this is a tremendous case in point.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Stepan has stepped up and turned my head for sure. Glad to see he's snapped out of whatever funk he was in. Gaborik has to love those tape to tape passes he's getting.

Dubinsky has...sucked. Big time. He's actually a liability out there. Torts really needs to sit him for a game or two and let him collect his thoughts. He has always been a guy who seemed to be in the right place at the right time. So far this year, he's been the opposite. Numerous giveaways and a failure on his takeaway opportunities. He seems to always be trying to be at Point B before he leaves Point A. Leaving the puck behind or getting stripped with his maddening one-handed stickhandling. He's not passing well. He's not receiving passes well. He's got the talent but right now he's not even close to fulfilling it.

I see all the talk here is in the Islander and Devils threads. Oh well, as long as we stay in the hunt (they're on the outside looking in right now), I'll settle for less talk here. But I AM wondering where everyone is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im still here, Jordy.

That Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik line looks great right now. They seemed like the only 3 skaters who showed up last night.

I agree with you about Dubinsky. Having him on Richards line is a mistake to begin with. Dubinsky holds on to the puck too long and doesnt benefit from Richards setting people up.

I just hope they get Staal back by the All Star game. You are going to need him against the Washington and Pittsburghs of the world.

Not too a bad a schedule coming up, time to take advantadge of it.

BTW, remember that Senators fan we always used to post with? I wonder what happened to him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see all the talk here is in the Islander and Devils threads. Oh well, as long as we stay in the hunt (they're on the outside looking in right now), I'll settle for less talk here. But I AM wondering where everyone is.
    Pretty much just AGAW and myself in the Devils thread. We don't have you outnumbered by much, if at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Pretty much just AGAW and myself in the Devils thread. We don't have you outnumbered by much, if at all.
    lol... We have crazyjets floating around here somewhere too but it goes no further than that...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    its a tie now

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Im still here, Jordy.

That Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik line looks great right now. They seemed like the only 3 skaters who showed up last night.

I agree with you about Dubinsky. Having him on Richards line is a mistake to begin with. Dubinsky holds on to the puck too long and doesnt benefit from Richards setting people up.

I just hope they get Staal back by the All Star game. You are going to need him against the Washington and Pittsburghs of the world.

Not too a bad a schedule coming up, time to take advantadge of it.

BTW, remember that Senators fan we always used to post with? I wonder what happened to him.
    Hey man, good to see you're still around. I think I've seen you post a few times on the Strip.

I liked Torts putting Dubinsky out there with Boyle and Prust and putting Feds with Richards and Cally. But then he switched it back. Confounding. I think having him play with Boyle and Prust would help get him back to the basics, his strengths, forechecking, cycling the puck and grinding in the corners.

I can't remember that dudes name. We got along pretty well but I think we hit a rough patch a couple of years ago over something. I can't remember so it must not have been very important. Tempermental canuck. LOL

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    lol... We have crazyjets floating around here somewhere too but it goes no further than that...
    You guys have always been great to talk hockey with (and football). As long as that crazy doosh JetsforLife is not around, I enjoy discussing hockey with fans of opposing teams. Oh yeah, add Sharrow to that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys have always been great to talk hockey with (and football). As long as that crazy doosh JetsforLife is not around, I enjoy discussing hockey with fans of opposing teams. Oh yeah, add Sharrow to that.
    You as well. Hopefully it picks up in here a bit.

And I believe that Sens fan you guys are talking about was Steel7 or something like that. Haven't seen him on here in a loooong time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Sharrow...

Coincidence that we haven't seen him since Crosby came down with a massive vageenal headache?

That aside, Pitt is actually playing well, think its Stall (sp?) that filled in nicely when Malkin hurt his vageen as well...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You as well. Hopefully it picks up in here a bit.

And I believe that Sens fan you guys are talking about was Steel7 or something like that. Haven't seen him on here in a loooong time.
    Yup. That was it! Just looked him up. His last visit was July 2009. He must have really gotten pissed about something. LOL

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Sharrow...

Coincidence that we haven't seen him since Crosby came down with a massive vageenal headache?

That aside, Pitt is actually playing well, think its Stall (sp?) that filled in nicely when Malkin hurt his vageen as well...
    Primarily because Fleury's been standing on his head.

But seriously. What heterosexual male puts a picture of an athlete, who is normally seen wearing a hockey jersey, in his signature topless with his nipples showing looking seductively at the camera? Hmm, I think I just answered my own question.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Sharrow...

Speaking of crazy dooshes... nice post. I only post here when you guys talk about the Pens. He's not playing so you all have nothing to be butthurt about lately. That's the coincidence.

That said, unfortunately I don't think it will be too long until you guys can celebrate his next possible career ending concussion too.

Primarily because Fleury's been standing on his head.

But seriously. What heterosexual male puts a picture of an athlete, who is normally seen wearing a hockey jersey, in his signature topless with his nipples showing looking seductively at the camera? Hmm, I think I just answered my own question.
    His nipples aren't showing. That's bensangel's pic that you're always dreaming about.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is one hell of a seductive look though.
    Last edited by Sharrow; 11-10-2011 at 10:42 PM.