Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good News: Schottenheimer will be fired after week 6 or 16 IMO

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4165856]not true. schitty's replacement sits right next to him in team meetings. in case anyone hasn't noticed, callahan is right there if they want an immediate change. if not callahan then they may be able to go after daboll(since sparano is getting launched, soon) or turner (he may get launched if the chargers don't win the west), or even mcdaniel or weis. the point is that there are much better coordinators out there and schitty has had his chance.

[B]and yes, schitty did have a huge contribution to sunday's loss by his usual poor play calling and lack of game adjustments[/B].[/QUOTE]

I keep trying to understand the thinking behind this....i must be thick.

Im not defending Schotty, but because Mcfadden ran through us like a wet piece of tissue, it is Schotty's fault that he couldnt find a way to make up those points?

I think the offense was stagnant on Sun, but they found a way to put up enough points to keep them in the game....

Werent the Jets up 14 at the end of the half.:confused:

How many times do we have to explain to the Shotty defenders that it is a combination of Schemes that suck + his absolute horrible ability to call plays that maintain any kind of rhythm to the offense whatsoever.

MY God, I don't even think Shotty HAS a running play for 3rd & 2 anymore! Can we ever run form the spread?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Instead we get tight formation, horrible play fake to the running back, sprint right, 1 effing WR & 1 Stone handed Mulligan as the only players available to Sanchez!
    ooooooooor, we have a 2 step drop with a pass into double coverage to a 6'-5" wide out thrown at his knees! And don't start blaming Sanchez! Shottenheimer can't TEACH & his schemes BLOW CHUNKS! What, they don't have a sprint & turn , throw high & let Plax out muscle a 5'-9" corner?

OF COURSE NOT! Because Shotty is an idiot!

Did you all feel confident when he ran the wildcat with Kerley last week?
    I had a room full of people laughing our asses off!
    Why would anyone feel that with Raiders tearing our oline up that we would have any success with that crap?

How about the roll out to his left? Sheer brilliance! Mark Sanchez has actually been playing pretty well this year considering how handicapped he is by both the crappy line play & ESPECIALLY SHOTTENHEIMER!

If Shotty is SOOOO GOOD, why would Rex bring in a MENTOR in Moore?
    I am so sick of the New York Jets being Shottys pet project for 5 years with no discernable results!
    Just look to Buffalo & Chan Gailey to see a real OC get to work.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetster;4165873]How many times do we have to explain to the Shotty defenders that it is a combination of Schemes that suck + his absolute horrible ability to call plays that maintain any kind of rhythm to the offense whatsoever.

MY God, I don't even think Shotty HAS a running play for 3rd & 2 anymore! Can we ever run form the spread?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Instead we get tight formation, horrible play fake to the running back, sprint right, 1 effing WR & 1 Stone handed Mulligan as the only players available to Sanchez!
    ooooooooor, we have a 2 step drop with a pass into double coverage to a 6'-5" wide out thrown at his knees! And don't start blaming Sanchez! Shottenheimer can't TEACH & his schemes BLOW CHUNKS! What, they don't have a sprint & turn , throw high & let Plax out muscle a 5'-9" corner?

OF COURSE NOT! Because Shotty is an idiot!

Did you all feel confident when he ran the wildcat with Kerley last week?
    I had a room full of people laughing our asses off!
    Why would anyone feel that with Raiders tearing our oline up that we would have any success with that crap?

How about the roll out to his left? Sheer brilliance! Mark Sanchez has actually been playing pretty well this year considering how handicapped he is by both the crappy line play & ESPECIALLY SHOTTENHEIMER!

If Shotty is SOOOO GOOD, why would Rex bring in a MENTOR in Moore?
    I am so sick of the New York Jets being Shotty pet project for 5 years with no discernable results!
    Just look to Buffalo & Chan Gailey to see a real OC get to work.[/QUOTE]

I am defending Schooty, only to a certain point......as in......how is it his fault that the defense got ran through like a street hooker, and allowed 34 points to the Raiders?

Do you really think he needed to make the proper playcalling adjustments to put up 40+?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4165804]its boring as well. [B] Notice how none of these Schotty bashers ever recommend his replacement.[/B] They want to dump on the guy and run away like spoiled brats. I'd love to hear who they would want to replace Schotty. The guy took a rookie and inexperienced QB to the AFC Championship game , two years in a row. His play selection was limited to what the QB could do flawlessley. Yet despits winning more then ever, these know-it-alls are still looking for a scapegoat but won't supply a name to replace the guy they want out! WHY?[/QUOTE]

Actually, most of us have been clamoring to simply promote Callahan to OC. It's guys like you that are so blind to Schotty's incompetence, you don't even bother to fully read the arguments that clearly demonstrate just how bad he really is.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4165872]I keep trying to understand the thinking behind this....i must be thick.

Im not defending Schotty, but because Mcfadden ran through us like a wet piece of tissue, it is Schotty's fault that he couldnt find a way to make up those points?

I think the offense was stagnant on Sun, but they found a way to put up enough points to keep them in the game....

Werent the Jets up 14 at the end of the half.:confused:[/QUOTE]

It's his fault because he is the OC, That's why!
    17-7!
    We have the ball & a chance to put them away! Shotty is responsible for keeping Sanchez focused! We are up by 10 points & he throws a pick! He's still young! It's Shottys job to remind him in these situations, THROW THE BALL AWAY! Sanchez gets cocky & has to be reigned in now & then.

Shotty sucks at situational football! You want points on the road ALWAYS!
    20-7 right their might have been all we needed & it may have run down the clock so the BIG POLACK can't kick a momemtum changing FG B4 the half!

[QUOTE=RoadFan;4165882]Actually, most of us have been clamoring to simply promote Callahan to OC. It's guys like you that are so blind to Schotty's incompetence, you don't even bother to fully read the arguments that clearly demonstrate just how bad he really is.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes your OFFENSE has to help out the defense when they are having a rough day!
    Did you see the opening game between the Packers & Saints?
    Packers defense had a hard time vs the Panthers, gave up HUGE YARDAGE & points to a rookie QB!
    The offense had to outscore them.

There are no more 85 Bears defenses in this league.

[QUOTE=jetster;4165893]It's his fault because he is the OC, That's why!
    17-7!
    We have the ball & a chance to put them away! Shotty is responsible for keeping Sanchez focused! We are up by 10 points & he throws a pick! He's still young! It's Shottys job to remind him in these situations, THROW THE BALL AWAY! Sanchez gets cocky & has to be reigned in now & then.

20-7 right their might have been all we needed & it may have run down the clock so the BIG POLACK can't kick a momemtum changing FG B4 the half![/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Sanchez is in his 3rd yr...He doesn't have a brain or common sense? Hell, I was yelling at the TV to throw it away..How would have a TD put them away when the D couldn't stop a nosebleed?

Schotty isn't the best OC but to pin Sunday's loss on him is laughable!

And if you want to get technical and use your logic it be Cavanaugh's job to remind Sanchez since he is the QB Coach..If you didn't know that already

17-7!

20-7 right their might have been all we needed & it may have run down the clock so the BIG POLACK can't kick a momemtum changing FG B4 the half![/QUOTE]

It's Schotty's fault that Sanchez threw that ridiculous interception? You guys are awesome.

[B]17-7!
    We have the ball & a chance to put them away! Shotty is responsible for keeping Sanchez focused! We are up by 10 points & he throws a pick! He's still young! It's Shottys job to remind him in these situations, THROW THE BALL AWAY! Sanchez gets cocky & has to be reigned in now & then.[/B]

Huh? None of this makes much sense

First of all, the game was tied 7-7 when he threw the pick. The Jets scored the next 10 points. 2nd of all, Sanchez played fairly well (that throw was horrific), but somehow "Shotty is responsible for keeping Sanchez focused"? Sanchez made a bad pass, if you want to fault the design, so be it, but I don't think it's Schotty fault that Sanchez threw that pass, unless you want to give him credit for throwing the TD pass to Tomlinson earlier (He did deserve credit for the design)

[QUOTE=JStokes;4165784]I do not think that word means what you think it does.

_[/QUOTE]

Princess Bride!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4165902]LOL!!! Sanchez is in his 3rd yr...He doesn't have a brain or common sense?[B] Hell, I was yelling at the TV to throw it away.[/B].How would have a TD put them away when the D couldn't stop a nosebleed?

Schotty isn't the best OC but to pin Sunday's loss on him is laughable![/QUOTE]

It was like in sloow motion..."noooooooo dooooooooont throw it"
    I heard, not saw (because i was watching on a grainy feed) that "coaches" were upset with Sanchez on the sideline after that throw. Im pretty sure Sanchez was upset at himself too.....

If you want to argue that wasnt the right playcall in that situation, fine, but Sanchez should know by now to throw that ball away. He was trying to do too much, at a point in the game, where it wasnt needed.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4165912]It was like in sloow motion..."noooooooo dooooooooont throw it"
    I heard, not saw (because i was watching on a grainy feed) that "coaches" were upset with Sanchez on the sideline after that throw. Im pretty sure Sanchez was upset at himself too.....

If you want to argue that wasnt the right playcall in that situation, fine, but Sanchez should know by now to throw that ball away. He was trying to do too much, at a point in the game, where it wasnt needed.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the only person that talks to Mark through his headset is Shotty.
    Situation football! Rex talks about it & Belichick is the master.
    Do you think the Patriots have won 28 regular season home games JUST because BB has Brady?
    Situational football & details. Always need to be in the players ears, having them play SMART.

I'm all for Shotty getting the axe immediately, mainly just to show all the fools on this site that think the Jets are going to turn into an offensive Juggernaut when he is gone.

Choose any OC in the league, take your pick.
    We'll still have hunter at RT.
    We'll still have Mangold hurt.
    We'll still have a QB that is having the odd terrible brain cramp.
    We'll still have an uninspired Shonne Greene
    We'll still have stone hands mulligan.
    We'll still have little time for chemistry between Burress/Mason and our QB.

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4165904]It's Schotty's fault that Sanchez threw that ridiculous interception? You guys are awesome.[/QUOTE]

When you roll out to the right, you shorten the passing lanes tremendously.

[QUOTE=jetster;4165925]Exactly, the only person that talks to Mark through his headset is Shotty.
    Situation football! Rex talks about it & Belichick is the master.
    Do you think the Patriots have won 28 regular season home games JUST because BB has Brady?
    Situational football & details. Always need to be in the players ears, having them play SMART.[/QUOTE]

Mark Sanchez is in his 3rd year and he's a team captain. He's an NFL QB with over 2 years starting experience. There is [U][B]absolutely no excuse[/B][/U] for him to throw that ball. Please stop blaming Schottenheimer for that, you sound very foolish.

[QUOTE=jetster;4165929]When you roll out to the right, you shorten the passing lanes tremendously.[/QUOTE]

wow! you are clueless. truly clueless

[QUOTE=jetster;4165929]When you roll out to the right, you shorten the passing lanes tremendously.[/QUOTE]

You're ridiculous. There is no one to blame for that foolish decision except for Sanchez. He should have thrown it away, it has nothing to do with the passing lanes.

All Pro

Sanchez did alot of rolling out that i suspect wasnt part of the original playcall....im guessing he didnt want to get pummeled by Tommy Kelly, or Seymour yet again.

Guarantees aren't what they use to be.

Ryan "guaranteed" trips to (or was it victories in?) the Super Bowl for the Jets the last two years. More than a handful of threads here "guaranteed" a victory over the Raiders last week. Lewis guarantees a win over the Bills.

The list goes on and on... and most get it flat wrong only to come back with more guarantees.

the game was tied at the half. granted the defense gave up 34 but the offense disappeared for long stretches in the game. sanchez throws the int. it's on sanchez but what was the thinking behind the play that was called. they have plax, throw it to the corner and let plax make the play. how about the goal line debacle at the end? 1 st and goal and they can't get it in. the whole point is this offense is not improving much over last season and this was before mangold got hurt. they have injuries or wayne hunter as their excuse now, what about when mangold comes back and/or ducasse replaces hunter? how about running some screen passes or other plays that work against a pass rush. other teams seem to have no problem against pressure. all of schitty's, whther it be chad or favre or now sanchez do. can't blame bad coaching on bad players.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4165872]I keep trying to understand the thinking behind this....i must be thick.

Werent the Jets up 14 at the end of the half.:confused:[/QUOTE]